+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Fieldy

Jun 23, 2021
We got my invitation for a medical 2 weeks ago. In the meantime they asked for an additional document, so we figured that's what's caused the delay. Judging by the timeline, you should get yours any time now.
Thanks for the response. I think yours appears to be going quicker based on the fact I believe you said your partner was in Canada and you are not? I thought I read somewhere priority was being given to separated couples, which my wife's and I are not. I am accompanying my wife back to Canada on 12th to get our new place set up as our house here is now sold, so in all likeliness my medical will now be in Canada.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Thanks for the response. I think yours appears to be going quicker based on the fact I believe you said your partner was in Canada and you are not? I thought I read somewhere priority was being given to separated couples, which my wife's and I are not. I am accompanying my wife back to Canada on 12th to get our new place set up as our house here is now sold, so in all likeliness my medical will now be in Canada.
Yes, husband is in Canada and I am in the UK.
Frankly, with everything I've read on this forum, I am not sure if there is any real order of priority, as there are too many variables within each application. But I guess we'll see. We, of course, hope it is going to be a speedy process.
Good luck with your move.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Did anyone receive pre-arrival letter for May 2021 application?
i believe there are two people in the tracker who did, myself included. But since I got it even before I got my request for a medical, I don't think it really means anything when received out of turn like this, in the middle of the process.
Why, did you receive one as well?

Ash1129

Jun 27, 2021
I got my medical approved on Aug 4, 2021 and Biometrics SA done already. I also found out one applicant from March 2021 got COPR. Just wondering if its going quick. The letter mentions NDVO but when I called IRCC, they told me that my file is at Ottawa office.
PA started processing on July 22, 2021

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
I got my medical approved on Aug 4, 2021 and Biometrics SA done already. I also found out one applicant from March 2021 got COPR. Just wondering if its going quick. The letter mentions NDVO but when I called IRCC, they told me that my file is at Ottawa office.
PA started processing on July 22, 2021
If you look at the tracker, there are even several April applicants who already got theirs. So it does appear to be going quick in some cases (possibly, the most straightforward ones).
Interesting point about your visa office situation. My husband's sponsor approval letter said that my documents would be sent to London office (which would make sense, since I am in London), but we never thought to confirm if that's really the case.
Does this "we started processing" (ECAS line 2) thing mean "we started processing at the visa office"? We never got a confirmation of the visa office receiving my paperwork, so I am not sure how to interpret it.

Reactions: nik_on

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you look at the tracker, there are even several April applicants who already got theirs. So it does appear to be going quick in some cases (possibly, the most straightforward ones).
The processing seems to be returning to something a bit more like the pre-pandemic pattern - where some (not many) went quite quickly, about half were done in ~6-7 months, and 80% done in 12 months. (Those that took longer were considered 'complex.')

I warn: it is very unlikely that all or most 2021 files will go so quickly. It doesn't mean there's something wrong if one stage or another takes a couple months longer - don't panic at differences to other files in the same month, it's not and never has been a first-in, first-out process. And there's still going to be more variability now than before the pandemic (some offices have bigger backlogs and ongoing lockdowns, etc). Interviews in particular seem to be a big hold-up and wildcard.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The processing seems to be returning to something a bit more like the pre-pandemic pattern - where some (not many) went quite quickly, about half were done in ~6-7 months, and 80% done in 12 months. (Those that took longer were considered 'complex.')

I warn: it is very unlikely that all or most 2021 files will go so quickly. It doesn't mean there's something wrong if one stage or another takes a couple months longer - don't panic at differences to other files in the same month, it's not and never has been a first-in, first-out process. And there's still going to be more variability now than before the pandemic (some offices have bigger backlogs and ongoing lockdowns, etc). Interviews in particular seem to be a big hold-up and wildcard.
I should warn additionally - I'm not saying IRCc is back to previous time estimates. Only that seems to be catching up to something a bit more like a normal tempo.

akshaykhurana

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I called IRCC and they said my file is still waiting to be assigned to an officer, not sure how long it will take. However they gave me temporary file number but not sure what to do with it or if I can link my account with it. any idea why my file is assigned a temporary file number instead of actual file number?
Hi
I just wanna know how you tell them to search for your file without application number?
Did you use tracking number or something else?

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Does anyone know roughly how many days/weeks it takes to get MR after SA/Bio request? Or for the file to be received at the VO after SA? I'm waiting for my bio appointment, and to be able to produce the 2 police certificates I was requested but would like to know if anyone has some input about those questions. I know nothing follows a standard order.

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
It has to be the original signed form. If you're not together in the same country, same as what I did, I let my wife signed the completed forms first, then have the forms sent to me by mail, here in Canada, signed them myself, then sent the whole application package to CPC Sydney.
Thank you bro

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know roughly how many days/weeks it takes to get MR after SA/Bio request? Or for the file to be received at the VO after SA? I'm waiting for my bio appointment, and to be able to produce the 2 police certificates I was requested but would like to know if anyone has some input about those questions. I know nothing follows a standard order.
Since not following a standard order now, no, noone knows.

Reactions: nik_on