+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
After medical is passed, would any status change on say the "Background Check"? Will it really change to "In progress", as soon as they start the background check?

I am asking, because once you link the application, the background check status has always been "We are processing", so I was wondering if it will ever change or just be confirmed to be completed?

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Is this normal ?
Yes, like MBTS said above, pretty sure it means that it's been received by your visa office. I thought it was backsliding at first or something, but then when I viewed the spreadsheet where everyone's filling out their progress, I saw that there was a column for Principal Applicant's ECAS changes to "Application Received" after you enter which visa office it's been moved to.

Reactions: MBTS

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
May 4 -2021 app recived
June 12 - AOR
Ready for the next step
When SA well come?
May 3 -2021 app recived
June 11 - AOR

No sign of SA, medical or biometric request.
I am currently in Canada and sponsoring my wife, and two kids from India.
Looking at the tracker, I have started to panic because I can see most of the SA, medical and biometric were sent within 1-2 weeks of AOR1.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
May 3 -2021 app recived
June 11 - AOR

Looking at the tracker, I have started to panic because I can see most of the SA, medical and biometric were sent within 1-2 weeks of AOR1.
Medical or Bio request are usually sent to the PA's (your wife's) email. So make sure you check it. If you already linked your application, a message should be sent to you there.

If SA is not determined yet, then maybe that's why there are no BIO or Medical requests yet. I advise you to check the status thru the online tool, using the sponsor's details.

Last edited:
Reactions: nik_on

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
May 3 -2021 app recived
June 11 - AOR

Make sure you use the application number, not the UCI number, since the sponsor and the applicant has different UCI numbers.

Canarrive

Jun 28, 2021
Can anyone give a rough timeline on when I can expect COPR for my wife?
I'm a Canadian citizen applying for my wife in India.

May 12, 2021 - Application received
June 21, 2021 - AOR and Biometric request received
June 22, 2021 - Medical Request received
June 29, 2021 - Medical appointment booked
Aug 06, 2021 - Biometrics appointment booked

Any information will help. Thanks.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Can anyone give a rough timeline on when I can expect COPR for my wife?
I'm a Canadian citizen applying for my wife in India.

May 12, 2021 - Application received
June 21, 2021 - AOR and Biometric request received
June 22, 2021 - Medical Request received
June 29, 2021 - Medical appointment booked
Aug 06, 2021 - Biometrics appointment booked

Any information will help. Thanks.
No one can tell really since its a case to case basis. But to have a rough timeline, check the spreadsheet below of the applications before us at least for 2021, so you'll have an estimate.

2021 Spousal/Common Law Tracking Tool - Google Sheets

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Make sure you use the application number, not the UCI number, since the sponsor and the applicant has different UCI numbers.
Yes, I am using the application number that starts with F
Also, I managed to create the IRCC account for the PA and I don't see any update either (medical or biometric).

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Medical or Bio request are usually sent to the PA's (your wife's) email. So make sure you check it. If you already linked your application, a message should be sent to you there.

If SA is not determined yet, then maybe that's why there are no BIO or Medical requests yet. I advise you to check the status thru the online tool, using the sponsor's details.
Yes, online tool has status "In progress" for both, the Sponsor and the PA

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Yes, online tool has status "In progress" for both, the Sponsor and the PA
Then most likely, SA is still in progress. Once SA is completed, you'll supposed to see a status of "Decision Made" on the Sponsor's side. No reason to be worried if you know your eligibility is okay. Hoping for the best!

pmmj

May 19, 2021
Hi guys! My husband and I currently live in Hong Kong and here is our timeline for your reference ☺:

- Application received on May 11
- AOR1 received on June 25
- SA and passed to Hong Kong visa office on June 29
No need to get the police cert and do the biometric ?

Cabdiqays

Jun 17, 2021
Hi guys
Application received: 05/05/2021
Started process application: 15/06/2021
Sent bio request on : 16/06/2021
Done bio on : 17/06/2021
“Application in process to application received “: 25/06/2021
They changed again to this
We started processing yr application on: 29/06/2021
“Application in process “
Any idea what’s going on here?

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
What is the default status of the background check in GCKEY? Isn't it "We are processing your..."? Was there an initial status before this?

And if they already started the Background check stage, does it change to "We already started processing..." or "is already in progress"

Last edited: