+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is this normal or Principal applicant & dependent PPR email comes together ?
This is normal and if you read the PPR carefully it says passports need to be submitted for principal applicant and dependents. There is not even a separate page or a list of the dependents - I guess they assume you know who they are.

sasola

Sep 23, 2021
This is normal and if you read the PPR carefully it says passports need to be submitted for principal applicant and dependents. There is not even a separate page or a list of the dependents - I guess they assume you know who they are.
Thanks for the info.. but when I book VFS courier service it only ask for single applicant name, that means can I give my daughter passport in the same envelop for printing ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the info.. but when I book VFS courier service it only ask for single applicant name, that means can I give my daughter passport in the same envelop for printing ?
Don't know, details of how VFS works can be country specific - best to contact VFS.

OMoe

Jun 23, 2021
So what is the COPR? Is it just a letter to take to the border services entering Canada? More expense to have it sent. When do I get the actual PR card? Is that processed later in Canada after you officially enter Canada as an immigrant and sent to an address in Canada?

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
So what is the COPR? Is it just a letter to take to the border services entering Canada? More expense to have it sent. When do I get the actual PR card? Is that processed later in Canada after you officially enter Canada as an immigrant and sent to an address in Canada?
COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residence.
It is a letter which you need to show to the border service office. He/she will confirm that you are the correct person according to your COPR and passport. after that actual confirmation he/she will sign and date this letter and enter that into their system. Only after that you will receive your PR card after few days on the Canadian Address.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: KATHIA08

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residence.
It is a letter which you need to show to the border service office. He/she will confirm that you are the correct person according to your COPR and passport. after that actual confirmation he/she will sign and date this letter and enter that into their system. Only after that you will receive your PR card after few days on the Canadian Address.
Hope this helps.
Yes. And after signed at border it will be main proof of or status until pr card received.

Which probably takes a minimum of thirty days or close to it, and some take months for some reason.

Reactions: PMC89

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
Hi Team,
Need your suggestion,
I applied to sponsor my wife and 6 year daughter from Canada, AOR is 11th May-21, CPC Ottawa. (Outland applicants from India)
19th Oct 21, yesterday I got PPR email for my wife but did not receive PPR email for my daughter.
I called IRCC yesterday but they said nothing is updated in system yet and suggested to wait for 2 more days.
Is this normal or Principal applicant & dependent PPR email comes together ?
it is normal to get emails separately. Also, when was your application sent - I see only your AOR is mentioned as May 11th

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes to sponsor a spouse from Europe to Canada? Someone told me that it's 4 to 5 months but I want to double check. Anyone else know?
Thanks

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Does anyone know how long it takes to sponsor a spouse from Europe to Canada? Someone told me that it's 4 to 5 months but I want to double check. Anyone else know?
Thanks
Standard processing is 12 months (mentioned in the IRCC website) were 80% percentage (50% in 6-7 and 20-30% in 12 months) is completed within the timeframe. Processing is completely depend on the complexity, VO and other factors.

M.Sanoh20

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Standard processing is 12 months (mentioned in the IRCC website) were 80% percentage (50% in 6-7 and 20-30% in 12 months) is completed within the timeframe. Processing is completely depend on the complexity, VO and other factors.
Ohh okay thank you for letting me know. I have not started my process yet so I just wanted to make sure. Maybe it might be 6-7 months from Europe since the wedding is the same as Canada. (In terms of marriage documentations)