+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
So Finally after a very long wait of 21 months, Status updated today.
Scheduled for Oath Ceremony on 10th March.
Such a relief!!

Reactions: inkomati

mcheibani

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,
Kindly update the tracker:
Test Invite: March 8, 2022
Test Passed: March 21, 2022
Background Check completed: February 13, 2023
ECAS Decision Made: February 22, 2023

Hopefully will get a ceremony invite soon.

Reactions: inkomati

Vanessa3000

Sep 2, 2022
Anyone here still waiting for oath ceremony? Paper application received on May 3, 2021, there's been no update on my file since June 20, 2022 (Test Update). It's almost 23 months, really tired of the wait and wondering how long it takes applications to complete after sending webform, please share any info. Thanks

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Anyone here still waiting for oath ceremony? Paper application received on May 3, 2021, there's been no update on my file since June 20, 2022 (Test Update). It's almost 23 months, really tired of the wait and wondering how long it takes applications to complete after sending webform, please share any info. Thanks
Same as me June 2021
LPP in progress now
Nothing give me .

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
I submitted a webform in early December and reached out to my MP a few weeks later. Got a response in early January. It was only "we have all the documents we need right now." Also asked for my case files from IRCC and CBSA a month ago, no reply yet. Also going stir-crazy here. April 17 will be 23 months exactly, but I'm afraid of this going on for years........ it's so infuriating. Hang in there

Reactions: Vanessa3000

Blind_Sheep2

Mar 9, 2023
Hello.
I just found this forum. Here is my situation:

Paper application
Application sent - MAY 2021
Application received - JULY 16 2021
FIRST finger print request - OCT 16 2022
Citizenship test status changed to Completed - DEC 20 , 2021
SECOND finger print request - AUG 16 2022

On https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard all status fields are are "In process" except ; Citizenship test , which is "Completed" and Citizenship ceremony under "Not started"
The status was "silently" updated a few times without any real update. Now its on March 2. 2023.
This situation is really ridicules and will avoid saying what i think about the whole process and the experts providing this service.

What can be done at this point?

Reactions: ATKK_H

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Hello.
I just found this forum. Here is my situation:

Paper application
Application sent - MAY 2021
Application received - JULY 16 2021
FIRST finger print request - OCT 16 2022
Citizenship test status changed to Completed - DEC 20 , 2021
SECOND finger print request - AUG 16 2022

On https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard all status fields are are "In process" except ; Citizenship test , which is "Completed" and Citizenship ceremony under "Not started"
The status was "silently" updated a few times without any real update. Now its on March 2. 2023.
This situation is really ridicules and will avoid saying what i think about the whole process and the experts providing this service.

What can be done at this point?
The March 2 update appears to be system-wide. Honestly, there's not much we can do. There's sending a webform, contacting your MP and requesting your case notes. Any of these might "send a message," but I've done all of them with no real results yet. Sending a webform will probably not help until your case has exceeded the processing time, which is 23 months as of now. (But definitely do it in June.) I also doubt that contacting your MP will help outside of the 23-month period; they'll just get the same response. Probably your best option right now is to request your case notes. I just got mine and am trying to figure them out... at the very least you can tell when your case officer(s) have been working on your file.

Good luck. Hang in there!

Vanessa3000

Sep 2, 2022
The March 2 update appears to be system-wide. Honestly, there's not much we can do. There's sending a webform, contacting your MP and requesting your case notes. Any of these might "send a message," but I've done all of them with no real results yet. Sending a webform will probably not help until your case has exceeded the processing time, which is 23 months as of now. (But definitely do it in June.) I also doubt that contacting your MP will help outside of the 23-month period; they'll just get the same response. Probably your best option right now is to request your case notes. I just got mine and am trying to figure them out... at the very least you can tell when your case officer(s) have been working on your file.

Good luck. Hang in there!
Thanks for the insight. How long did it take to get the case notes? I'm considering requesting for mine or just wait till April 3 when its 23 months and then send a webform

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Thanks for the insight. How long did it take to get the case notes? I'm considering requesting for mine or just wait till April 3 when its 23 months and then send a webform
It probably wouldn't hurt, although fair warning, they're not entirely easy to decipher, and I might be freaking out about some stuff in my notes which are hopefully probably routine? (I had a fair amount of absences.) Anyway, I got my notes within a month, from both IRCC and CBSA. There are some differences between the two agencies' notes, so you may wish to request them from both.

absg

Mar 19, 2017
Hi Vanessa,
I also applied on May 16 2021. Paper application. Then AOR on 31st August,2021. After that no update till 13th March. 13th March my application shows Background check was completed. Now waiting for Test invitation.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi Vanessa,
I also applied on May 16 2021. Paper application. Then AOR on 31st August,2021. After that no update till 13th March. 13th March my application shows Background check was completed. Now waiting for Test invitation.
Do you know which office? Im not a may applicant(nov2021) but I seem to have a similar story here, waiting for test invite as well.

absg

Mar 19, 2017
Do you know which office? I m not a may applicant(nov2021) but I seem to have a similar story here, waiting for test invite as well.
HI when I called last time they said it is in Mississauga. I just saw an update on my application. BG check is done last week and got the test invitation day before yesterday. It seems like they are working on my file as it is about to be 23 months in 3 weeks.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Got the option to pickup citizenship certificate from citizenship office within 10 day. Applied passport next day and got my Canadian passport in 5 days.
Best of luck to all.