+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Took the oath today.
We were 106 persons all canadian now.
Long journey started on October 2005 when I applied for immigration.
Now after 18 years of ups and down I landed softly in the country I decided to be my home.
Congratulations to those who are Canadians and good luck to the rest.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Took the oath today.
We were 106 persons all canadian now.
Long journey started on October 2005 when I applied for immigration.
Now after 18 years of ups and down I landed softly in the country I decided to be my home.
Congratulations to those who are Canadians and good luck to the rest.
Congratulations:)

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hi may 2021 applicants.
It was a long journey for citizenship.
Yesterday I applied for passport fast track and will receive it tomorrow.
This forum was helpful to track your applications with different opinions.
It is finished now and I am canadian at last.
Will leave the forum and good luck for all who are still waiting.
Your turn will come
Be patient.
Salamat

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Does the IRCC have caps/quotas for citizenship by submission date? That's the only way this @#$^ makes sense. People from September '22 are taking the oath and we're still stuck here! Two webforms and an email to my MP, and still nothing...

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Does the IRCC have caps/quotas for citizenship by submission date? That's the only way this @#$^ makes sense. People from September '22 are taking the oath and we're still stuck here! Two webforms and an email to my MP, and still nothing...
There was a quota for 2021 online applications, which filled up very quickly and it seems that the remainder were backlogged- which are being processed very slowly. We don't know the exact basis on which certain files were selected for backlog.

Have you obtained your case notes?

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
There was a quota for 2021 online applications, which filled up very quickly and it seems that the remainder were backlogged- which are being processed very slowly. We don't know the exact basis on which certain files were selected for backlog.

Have you obtained your case notes?
Thanks for the reply. Mine was paper, FWIW, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Case notes, is that what you get through this link? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

EDIT: Never mind, found the form. Submitted a request through the Access to Information Act. What's the benefit of requesting your case notes?

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Mine was paper, FWIW, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Case notes, is that what you get through this link? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

EDIT: Never mind, found the form. Submitted a request through the Access to Information Act. What's the benefit of requesting your case notes?
Privacy act is also valid (free). Can request from CBSA (IRCC has a huge atip backlog). Case notes reveal the history and more details about your file. You may be able to discover something to give you a clue about the delay.

Paper files were prioritised over online so there wasn't a fixed quota for paper. It could still be backlogged, or be caught up in some aspect of review.

Reactions: inkomati

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Privacy act is also valid (free). Can request from CBSA (IRCC has a huge atip backlog). Case notes reveal the history and more details about your file. You may be able to discover something to give you a clue about the delay.

Paper files were prioritised over online so there wasn't a fixed quota for paper. It could still be backlogged, or be caught up in some aspect of review.
Ah, too bad, I already requested from IRCC. If it takes way too long, I guess I can always make a new request through CBSA? Thanks!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Ah, too bad, I already requested from IRCC. If it takes way too long, I guess I can always make a new request through CBSA? Thanks!
You can make one simultaneously as it's a different agency (use the privacy act this time!). Last time it took me 5 months from ircc and 1 month from cbsa

Reactions: inkomati