+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hey @iceman55 got a question.
I had a flight booked with an airlines forlast Saturday which I had to cancel because I got my oath ceremony this week. Now when I called to ask if I can get a refund, they said you would need to write to customer relations and attach your oath letter. So I did that. But now I’m wondering, the oath email has your UCI and application numberwas it okay to share that information with them? I’m assuming they cannot do anything really with that info right, for example by chance if someone wanted to actually do something! Like probability of that happening is 0 but I just had a small thought. What do you think?
It's preferable to not give out this info but I don't think they can do much with the UCI, and once the oath is over no one can do anything with the letter. Also airlines have a lot of experience handling personal information these days (especially if it's Canadian/US/European) so I don't think there's much to worry. At least procedurally they have an obligation to protect private information.

And I'm sure people give a lot of fake reasons to get refunds for airlines so probably you wouldn't be able to get a refund without the letter (if your ticket agreement had a last minute cancellation clause).

As long you don't find anyone else has taken your seat in the oath cerremony you are probaly good :)

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
It's preferable to not give out this info but I don't think they can do much with the UCI, and once the oath is over no one can do anything with the letter. Also airlines have a lot of experience handling personal information these days (especially if it's Canadian/US/European) so I don't think there's much to worry. At least procedurally they have an obligation to protect private information.

And I'm sure people give a lot of fake reasons to get refunds for airlines so probably you wouldn't be able to get a refund without the letter (if your ticket agreement had a last minute cancellation clause).

As long you don't find anyone else has taken your seat in the oath cerremony you are probaly good :)
Oh my god, thanks for answering with such a detailed response!! You’re right! Well I just can’t wait for the whole process to be over!

Reactions: iceman55

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
As of October 21, 'language skills', 'prohibitions', and 'physical presence' are marked as completed in the tracker. 'citizenship ceremony' still shows as not started. Hopefully, I can get an invite quickly. I took the test on July 28.
The old ecas showed 'decision made' since October 21, while the new tracker has all the stages in progress.

Also, I emailed my MP on October 3. They were going to inquire about the status of my application, though they have not gotten back yet with details. Wonder if the requested helped to push the application forward.
My ecas shows decision made since sept 23 and everything in tracker was completed on same day too noooo oath ceremony in sight till now and i gave my test in march 2022 so u never know

Coucou

Aug 2, 2012
My ecas shows decision made since sept 23 and everything in tracker was completed on same day too noooo oath ceremony in sight till now and i gave my test in march 2022 so u never know
Hopefully, we will both hear from immigration before the end of the year.

Windjwndn

Oct 25, 2022
The fact that I’m still waiting to write my test infuriates me. I went on the March 2022 thread and lots of people have gotten their oaths and citizenship. Now I’m regretting if I should have just waited to apply this year instead of last year during COVID. Applied in May 2021 , AOR in September 2021 and absolutely nothing since then. Ordered Gcms notes, reached out to MP and yet still nothing. It’s been 17 months and I had plans I had to move to a whole new year all because of this.
it’s really disheartening.
Not sure if anyone’s in the same shoes as I’m pretty sure mist people on this thread have gotten their citizenship but if anyone is in the same shoes, It’ll be nice to connect.
I’m in the exact same situation as you. Everything else on my profile has been done since early September and I’m still waiting for oath invitation. I’m trying to speed up the process but don’t know how. Any tips on that would be really appreciated

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I’m in the exact same situation as you. Everything else on my profile has been done since early September and I’m still waiting for oath invitation. I’m trying to speed up the process but don’t know how. Any tips on that would be really appreciated
Honestly at this point i think we cant do anything to speed up the process i tried to get in touch with my local Mp back in may and they replied in july to wait till nov but when ecas showed decision made in sept i tried to follow up with them and guess what i got a call today from MP office and that lady was getting mad at me she was like i told u not to asl before nov 22 so why are u contacting us i told her listen from july till now this has changed (ecase decision made) thats y i was trying to reach out to may b see whats going on n she was sooo pissed she said just wait like i told u ‍♀♀♀♀ so no one i think cares anymore

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
Hi

My oath completed on Oct 15th
I got my Citizenship Certificate on Oct 24th. I applied for passport on 27th.
but the tracker shows citizenship status in progress. Should i be worried?

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Just checked tracker scheduled for Oath on 17 nov...tracker update 29 oct my timeline is as follows
17 may 2021 paper application sent
Single applicant
1099 days
25 may application received
30 aug 2021 Aor received
March 2022 test
Aug 2022 background updated to complete
14 sept 2022 request for passport copies
23 sept prohibitions language etc updated to complete
29 oct oath scheduled mentioned for 17 nov no email instructions received (will b received a week before as per the trend)
Edmonton office

Reactions: iceman55