+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
FYI I wrote to the MP two days ago and they called the citizenship office. Not sure if that helped. If anyone's waiting long, may be try that.
I did the same. MP called, then I emailed Ottawa office. Not sure what worked, but if I did nothing I could be still waiting now.

Reactions: mkaru

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
My application was marked as DM today 16th Sep.
Finished my test on 4th July.

Does anyone know how long does it take from Decision Made to receiving Oath Letter?

danielvalenca

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
An update that might be useful to some people:

My ceremony was scheduled for September 27, but I have a trip from the 8 to the 16 of October. After receiving the ceremony email, I replied to them sharing details about my trip and they advised me to reschedule for October 20 (even though I had another trip on November 4) for an in-person ceremony and then I would get the certificate on the same day after the ceremony. I didn't know that we were already having in-person ceremonies. This was a perfect solution for me because my fingerprints would expire in December and I would have to do it again. I already scheduled my passport for the next day, October 20, which will give me enough time to get my passport before the November 4 trip.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017

My ceremony was scheduled for September 27, but I have a trip from the 8 to the 16 of October. After receiving the ceremony email, I replied to them sharing details about my trip and they advised me to reschedule for October 20 (even though I had another trip on November 4) for an in-person ceremony and then I would get the certificate on the same day after the ceremony. I didn't know that we were already having in-person ceremonies. This was a perfect solution for me because my fingerprints would expire in December and I would have to do it again. I already scheduled my passport for the next day, October 20, which will give me enough time to get my passport before the November 4 trip.
Which office is that?

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016

When did you receive the oath email, how many days prior to your initial oath date?

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
My tracker shows everything completed except ceremony not started whereas ecas show's decision made how long will i have to wait for oath invite

kbk22

Sep 25, 2022
My tracker shows everything completed except ceremony not started whereas ecas show's decision made how long will i have to wait for oath invite
I am in the same situation. Scarborough office.

I completed my test on Mar 18, 2022. Got an interview on July 28, which got cancelled. Then another interview for August 15, that got cancelled too. Then I got another interview for August 17 which was completed and all status changed to complete.

Since August 17, 2022, i have not heard anything about my oath.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
More than 4 months now. No progress on the file after the Background check was completed post providing fingerprints.
My wife already got the passport even though we applied on same date.
Due date for rest of the items was 28 Aug.
RCMP criminality report expires in march 2023.

Any one else with similar delays????
Montreal/Sydney office

sugaredfects

Sep 27, 2022
It seems they are doing in person ceremonies for Scarborough office. Wonder if they have started the same for mississauga ? Please let me know if anyone is aware
Mississauga had one in-person ceremony last week. But as with all things IRCC you may or may not be invited for it. They are still doing online ceremonies also.

Grateful2Canada

Aug 14, 2021
My update:
App delivered: May 11, 2021
AOR: August 10, 2021
In process on ECAS: October 4, 2021
Background check completed: October 5, 2021
Test invitation email : March 17, 2022
Test window (March 25 - April 14)
Test taken: March 25, 2022
Test changed to completed: March 29, 2022
ATIP request: July 25, 2022 (Still haven’t received it ‍♀
Email Request for passport pages: August 5, 2022 (Sent August 8, ‘22)
Interview request email: September 13, 2022
(interview was scheduled for September 27, 2022, in-person at the Scarborough office)
Oath day: September 27, 2022

Once I completed my interview today, the officer stated that I’ve met the requirements, & proceeded to ask if I wanted to participate in the ongoing pilot program where I get to take oath on the same day. Needless to say, I was elated & agreed to it. Less than 30 minutes later, I was on my way home with my citizenship certificate in hand.

This journey seemed like it’d never end, I’m glad it has. Keep your head up guys. If at any point you feel your application is stuck, apply for the ATIP/GCMS notes. At the very least, it’ll get your file some much needed attention.

Thank you all for your help through the past year. All the best!

Last edited:

MissChief82

Apr 26, 2022
The fact that I’m still waiting to write my test infuriates me. I went on the March 2022 thread and lots of people have gotten their oaths and citizenship. Now I’m regretting if I should have just waited to apply this year instead of last year during COVID. Applied in May 2021 , AOR in September 2021 and absolutely nothing since then. Ordered Gcms notes, reached out to MP and yet still nothing. It’s been 17 months and I had plans I had to move to a whole new year all because of this.
it’s really disheartening.
Not sure if anyone’s in the same shoes as I’m pretty sure mist people on this thread have gotten their citizenship but if anyone is in the same shoes, It’ll be nice to connect.