+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi!
I just took my test and forgot to email myself a copy of the results. Is it important to have this or it is just for personal records?
That's not really important. I forgot to email my results to myself after the test as well, but it didnt affect anything...would be nice to have them for personal records, but it is what it is...

dans

Sep 13, 2018
That's not really important. I forgot to email my results to myself after the test as well, but it didnt affect anything...would be nice to have them for personal records, but it is what it is...
once your test is validated, you will receive an email; that's all that matters

Reactions: Didona84

NIHIB

Oct 12, 2021
Has anyone had luck contacting the Niagara Falls office regarding their application? I had everything but oath marked as complete on March 11th and not a thing since then but I keep seeing so many people get their oath wishing a few weeks of everything being marked complete? I understand their is backlog but I am at the final hurdle and getting anxious to get things finalised.

dans

Sep 13, 2018
Has anyone had luck contacting the Niagara Falls office regarding their application? I had everything but oath marked as complete on March 11th and not a thing since then but I keep seeing so many people get their oath wishing a few weeks of everything being marked complete? I understand their is backlog but I am at the final hurdle and getting anxious to get things finalised.
it takes 5 - 14 days for Oath to get "In Progress", then another 2-7 days to receive the email; it depends by the office "productivity"(laziness) At least it's what I noticed from other's experience

NIHIB

Oct 12, 2021
it takes 5 - 14 days for Oath to get "In Progress", then another 2-7 days to receive the email; it depends by the office "productivity"(laziness) At least it's what I noticed from other's experience
thats why I am a little concerned as mine has been 2 months now. I am wondering if I should contact them to make sure my file has not been forgotten or lost?

dans

Sep 13, 2018
thats why I am a little concerned as mine has been 2 months now. I am wondering if I should contact them to make sure my file has not been forgotten or lost?
oh, it's March 11th - you should use the webform to ask for notes... usually this move could refresh your file - what happened to me for PR

robertoerc

Feb 27, 2017
oh, it's March 11th - you should use the webform to ask for notes... usually this move could refresh your file - what happened to me for PR
Hey Dans. Would you mind sharing a bit more of what I need to know to ask for these notes? My test has been marked as completed for 2 months now and nothing happened after, so I’m very frustrated and would love to do something about it. Thanks in advance

Reactions: katana.b

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hey Dans. Would you mind sharing a bit more of what I need to know to ask for these notes? My test has been marked as completed for 2 months now and nothing happened after, so I’m very frustrated and would love to do something about it. Thanks in advance
Hi! For context, my test was marked as complete on the 6th of Dec with no updates after that.

My ATIP notes say that Languages/Prohibitions and Residence have not started yet.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
ATIP notes are issued by the customer service and have no influence over the process. It might be a coincidence that ATIP and movement on the file might have happened at the same time. I do request ATIP frequently and have not encountered any changes because of the ATIP request.

However, ATIP will let you know what is pending and if there are any notes or remarks by the Citizenship officer.

robertoerc

Feb 27, 2017
Hi! For context, my test was marked as complete on the 6th of Dec with no updates after that.

My ATIP notes say that Languages/Prohibitions and Residence have not started yet.
That is insane. It’s such a disrespectful and unfair process. I did everything that I could to be able to obtain my PR and citizenship as fast as possible and I see people who applied many months after me getting things much faster. I appreciate you sharing yours and wish you good luck in your process.
Thanks for the information @FutureImmi. I just requested the ATIP notes (and I hope I selected the right items) and hopefully I will at least get some insight of what’s happening in IRCC’s limbo

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
That is insane. It’s such a disrespectful and unfair process. I did everything that I could to be able to obtain my PR and citizenship as fast as possible and I see people who applied many months after me getting things much faster. I appreciate you sharing yours and wish you good luck in your process.
Thanks for the information @FutureImmi. I just requested the ATIP notes (and I hope I selected the right items) and hopefully I will at least get some insight of what’s happening in IRCC’s limbo
No worries! All the best to you too. Happy to share! :)

dans

Sep 13, 2018
Hey Roberto, this is the webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I don't know if any link between inquiry and file moving OR just a coincidence, but as I said, for my PR and others waiting for PR at that time I got the file solved in 3days.
Besides, they moved processing time for citizenship from 12 to 27 months!!! just to avoid a huge inquiry traffic; I guess that with this remote work they must have a lot of confusion and files are processed randomly (UNFORTUNATELY) My test results came in Dec and no update till May11 when all completed excepts Oath. It is crazy, but look at the bright side: your status is PR and don't have to stress for a while!