+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hey Roberto, this is the webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I don't know if any link between inquiry and file moving OR just a coincidence, but as I said, for my PR and others waiting for PR at that time I got the file solved in 3days.
Besides, they moved processing time for citizenship from 12 to 27 months!!! just to avoid a huge inquiry traffic; I guess that with this remote work they must have a lot of confusion and files are processed randomly (UNFORTUNATELY) My test results came in Dec and no update till May11 when all completed excepts Oath. It is crazy, but look at the bright side: your status is PR and don't have to stress for a while!
I had no idea that you can request notes using webform. ATIP has it's own website where you can request notes under Privacy Act or Access to Information and Privacy Act. Link: Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request (apps.gc.ca)

Reactions: katana.b

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hello everyone!

I had my oath scheduled yesterday, but unfortunately I had to postpone it due to an out-of-country trip next week that for multiple reasons I did not wish to cancel. I did appear on the oath call and talked to the officer, she was really helpful and kind, and also told me it's good that I appeared on the call even though I already sent an email about this, because apparently they sometimes miss the emails (!). I also asked about the possibility of having the oath in person, but she said that at the moment they are not offering that option :(

Here's my timeline so far:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1102
Application: Single
Application Sent: May 15, 2021
Delivered: May 15, 2021
AOR: Aug 30, 2021
Test invite: Jan 17, 2022
Test taken date: Jan 31
Test completed: Feb 2
Language Skills, Prohibitions, Physical Presence completed : Feb 24
Oath email: April 12
Oath ceremony date: April 26 (postponed)

Hi @Melchett

Did you get a new Oath Ceremony Date since you rescheduled?

I contacted them many times i.e. 5-6 times since I rescheduled on February - 2022 and the only standard response I am getting is they will reschedule me at a future date. When exactly they do not know and also recently I came to know that once a request to reschedule the oath is put up the file gets bogged down to low priority and then the new oath dates come between 6-9 months of the original date.

Andysar

Oct 18, 2021
Hello ! I have a question. I have an update on the portal that the ceremony is scheduled in the 2nd week of June. The update shows it was on 16th but I have not received any email regarding the Oath ceremony. Is anyone in the same situation or has seen anyone in similar situation ?

Reactions: Zabooster

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
Hello ! I have a question. I have an update on the portal that the ceremony is scheduled in the 2nd week of June. The update shows it was on 16th but I have not received any email regarding the Oath ceremony. Is anyone in the same situation or has seen anyone in similar situation ?
Interesting what location , type of app are you?

sharp1

May 3, 2021
You'll probably receive the oath email closer to the ceremony. It took me a few days after the first update that showed the oath had be scheduled.

absg

Mar 19, 2017
Exactly in the same boat as yours, except for an AOR date of August 11 and family application of 3.
Hello everyone!

I had my oath scheduled yesterday, but unfortunately I had to postpone it due to an out-of-country trip next week that for multiple reasons I did not wish to cancel. I did appear on the oath call and talked to the officer, she was really helpful and kind, and also told me it's good that I appeared on the call even though I already sent an email about this, because apparently they sometimes miss the emails (!). I also asked about the possibility of having the oath in person, but she said that at the moment they are not offering that option :(

Here's my timeline so far:

Physical Presence Days: 1102
Application Sent: May 15, 2021
Delivered: May 15, 2021
AOR: Aug 30, 2021
Test invite: Jan 17, 2022
Test taken date: Jan 31
Test completed: Feb 2
Language Skills, Prohibitions, Physical Presence completed : Feb 24
Oath email: April 12
Oath ceremony date: April 26 (postponed)
same here. Application delivered 16th May and AOR 31st July. After that nothing changed. everything is IN Progress.

Voldemort

Nov 7, 2017
Please update:

Physical Presence Days: 1281
Application sent: May 7, 2021
Delivered: May 7, 2021
AOR: August 30
Invitation for Online Test: Dec 6, 2021
Dates for Online Test: Dec 10, 2021 - Dec 30, 2021
Test Completed: Dec 10, 2021
Background Verification: Mar 27, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions : May 10, 2022

Note:
Primary Office: Montreal
Secondary Office: Sydney
Citizenship Ceremony: In progress May 18, 2022 (Scheduled for June 3rd, 2022)

coalhouse_canada

Jun 30, 2016
Hi,
I am at a point I feel I just need to vent.
Visa office: Vancouver (I think, my test time was PST. Got my oath invite from the DN MB SK CIT and it was scheduled MB time)
Application: May 28th, 2021
AOR: Sep 3rd, 2021
Test invite: Feb 4, 2022 (scheduled Feb 11- March 4, 2022)
Background verification updated: Feb 8, 2022
Test completed: Feb 11, 2022
Test marked complete: Feb 17, 2022
Prohibitions, physical presence and language skills complete: March 1, 2022
Citizenship Oath updated: April 14, 2022
Oath email: April 21, 2022
Oath date: April 27, 2022 - Sent signed document right after ceremony
Oath update: May 3, 2022
File closed: May 4, 2022

I have not received my certificate till date. I confirmed my address before the oath. I sent an email to the ceremony email and was informed my certificate was mailed out May 11, 2022. I am panicking because I am travelling May 30. I have an in person passport application for May 24. I thought I would have my certificate 3weeks max as I have read with other people. I am in Red Deer, AB.
The worst part is that I don’t know if it is lost or something.
The email from IRCC says 2-4 weeks for certificate but when I wanted to take my oath, the lady said 4-6weeks. I didn’t take her seriously. I am exhausted because I have no recourse. This is supposed to be the easy part but more stress and more panick.
hey I am really sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your certificate. I too am based in red deer Alberta so I was intrigued by your situation. My oath is scheduled for June 9 and I have a confirmed trip at the end of the month so hopefully I get certificate in time to apply for a passport. Did you explain to the clerk when you took the oath that you had an upcoming trip? Hope it all works out. Wishing you the best.

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Its been 2 weeks and I have yet to receive my citizenship certificate. How many days does it take to arrive? Anyone have any idea..thanks a lot

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hello May 2021 applicants,

I had my interview on the 18th and I'm glad to say that, when I checked my online citizenship tracker on the 19th I saw that all fields in my tracker are marked as complete except for the oath, which is listed as not started.

Can any of you who attended an interview tell me how long it took to receive the oath invitation after having all tracker fields marked as complete?

The CO who interviewed me said I'll receive the invitation within 1-2 months. However, I noticed that there's a due date of August 17, 2022 in the grant ceremony section of my ATIP notes.

Thanks

adrianganea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Appllication sent exactly one year ago, test completed since Dec 2021 still no updates. :(
Sorry to hear this. I am waiting since November 2021, no updates at all since then. I am somehow tired of not getting a clear answer from IRCC on why isn't the application moving forward. I also have friends who applied way after me who already had their oath ceremonies. The covid excuse is out and the 27 months excuse is in.