+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi Ahmad3253,

My interview went very, very well : ). It lasted 10 minutes, and the person interviewing me just asked me to confirm the personal information listed in my application form. I was also asked to show my IDs.

At the end, I was informed that all my clearances are in order, and that once I check the online portal tomorrow everything, except for the oath, should be marked as complete. I was also told that I should expect an oath invitation within a month, and that oath ceremonies are increasing in both frequency and duration.

May 2021 applicants: for those of you who had interviews; how long did you have to wait before receiving an oath invitation?

katana.b

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi Ahmad3253,

My interview went very, very well : ). It lasted 10 minutes, and the person interviewing me just asked me to confirm the personal information listed in my application form. I was also asked to show my IDs.

At the end, I was informed that all my clearances are in order, and that once I check the online portal tomorrow everything, except for the oath, should be marked as complete. I was also told that I should expect an oath invitation within a month, and that oath ceremonies are increasing in both frequency and duration.

May 2021 applicants: for those of you who had interviews; how long did you have to wait before receiving an oath invitation?
I was going to ask this! Glad it went well!

Reactions: Zabooster

Ahmad3253

Nov 20, 2018
Hi Ahmad3253,

So happy for it went well. You were quite stressed out. Good luck. Hope I hear news too.

Reactions: katana.b

Chicmi

May 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Hi,
I am at a point I feel I just need to vent.
Visa office: Vancouver (I think, my test time was PST. Got my oath invite from the DN MB SK CIT and it was scheduled MB time)
Application: May 28th, 2021
AOR: Sep 3rd, 2021
Test invite: Feb 4, 2022 (scheduled Feb 11- March 4, 2022)
Background verification updated: Feb 8, 2022
Test completed: Feb 11, 2022
Test marked complete: Feb 17, 2022
Prohibitions, physical presence and language skills complete: March 1, 2022
Citizenship Oath updated: April 14, 2022
Oath email: April 21, 2022
Oath date: April 27, 2022 - Sent signed document right after ceremony
Oath update: May 3, 2022
File closed: May 4, 2022

I have not received my certificate till date. I confirmed my address before the oath. I sent an email to the ceremony email and was informed my certificate was mailed out May 11, 2022. I am panicking because I am travelling May 30. I have an in person passport application for May 24. I thought I would have my certificate 3weeks max as I have read with other people. I am in Red Deer, AB.
The worst part is that I don’t know if it is lost or something.
The email from IRCC says 2-4 weeks for certificate but when I wanted to take my oath, the lady said 4-6weeks. I didn’t take her seriously. I am exhausted because I have no recourse. This is supposed to be the easy part but more stress and more panick.