+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
In contrary many Inland March have received bio-metric request or the email urging them to pay the bio-metric fess. I thought we would see more movements for March outland as IRCC started processing new apps but then for almost 2 weeks only 3 applicants got AOR.
of course I was exaggerating about 9 years, i'm sure things will pick up much sooner, that being said, Inland is Inland, its processed in a different centre, not at Sydney, so its no basis for prediction of Outland. We had a whole bunch of Inland AOR back in April so what? It might as well be Inlands are processed on the Moon and Outland on Mars - no correlation.
Those 2-3 March AOR's sparked hope, but as days and weeks past with no new AOR's, we are back to square one, waiting for the next spark.

Last edited:

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
I feel if people who applied in March have started getting AOR, then this gives a ray of hope. But no doubt process is super slow which is disheartening too :(

niravit57

Jul 3, 2020
Hello, New to the forum. I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, came to India for wedding and got stranded due to COVID19. We got married and since we had all the documents ready for our Outland Spousal Application, we decided to courier the application to CPC Sydney, NS which was delivered on July 23, 2020. I wanted to check if mailing the spousal application while stuck in India would be an issue due to which it would be rejected? I continue to work remotely for my Canadian employer and continue to pay rent and taxes in Canada while I am stranded in India. Any information someone could provide would be helpful. I tried contacting IRCC but until they open the application packet and start processing, they can't seem to provide update not could let me know if they received my application since it is nor in the system yet. Thanks.
Hi Aniavi,

I am in very similar situation as you are.
I am in India currently with my spouse and I dont feel safe to travel back to Canada yet.

I am in India working remotely for my employer and paying taxes from my salary regularly.
I am planning to submit the outland spouse application from here only as I dont feel safe to travel back to Canada yet.
I was wondering how did you courier the application ? Through FedEx ? And to which address you sent the application ? Did you use the Dorchester address that is specified for courier purpose in Document Checklist ?

Please met me know the address you sent the application to.

Thank you !

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
No there won't be any issues. Sending via post is CPS Sydney. If courier then there's different address in Nova Scotia

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
So if we were to estimate based on March spreadsheet: 90 apps at a rate of 2/month would take approx 1.5 years per month.
So August apps should wait 9 years for AOR at current rate.
OMG 1.5 yrs just to get AOR1 and what if some1 made a mistake and whole thing is returned back then,think ....start all over again. Let's hope they deploy few more officers and we get 1st reply by the end of this year--My best guess

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
of course I was exaggerating about 9 years, i'm sure things will pick up much sooner, that being said, Inland is Inland, its processed in a different centre, not at Sydney, so its no basis for prediction of Outland. We had a whole bunch of Inland AOR back in April so what? It might as well be Inlands are processed on the Moon and Outland on Mars - no correlation.
Those 2-3 March AOR's sparked hope, but as days and weeks past with no new AOR's, we are back to square one, waiting for the next spark.
I don't know why we the OUTlanders are hated or say ignored category in this regard at the present time:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: Phalos

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
OMG 1.5 yrs just to get AOR1 and what if some1 made a mistake and whole thing is returned back then,think ....start all over again. Let's hope they deploy few more officers and we get 1st reply by the end of this year--My best guess
That's why ircc said "No new application will be returned or denied for being incomplete...bla bla bla....:D:D:D

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
That's why ircc said "No new application will be returned or denied for being incomplete...bla bla bla....:D:D:D
That is ONLY true if we did not send PPT or PCC copies with apps. Other mistakes like forgetting to sign , an older version of form used etc may still result in whole thing back to U :(

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I am from Lebanon, Beirut (the capital)....Immigration and gloabl affairs have a task force on Lebanon and still they would not help me on my application. My wife got affected by the explosion that happened in beirut but thank god she only lost her car. Nor sure if I could do something about it.
Very sad to hear those things :(

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
@singleman not only are they shafting OUTlanders, but seems now they will start monitoring sponsor's airport exit/entry starting this summer. So if before a Canadian Citizen sponsor could just move to Applicant's country and wait the process there, no this is also being robbed....Somebody posted this information about irrc sharing with CBSA the other day.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
@singleman not only are they shafting OUTlanders, but seems now they will start monitoring sponsor's airport exit/entry starting this summer. So if before a Canadian Citizen sponsor could just move to Applicant's country and wait the process there, no this is also being robbed....Somebody posted this information about irrc sharing with CBSA the other day.
Exit/ENTRY stamps were always being checked to prove that sponsor really went to Applicant in person if yes? for how long.. They want us to submit copies of those + Boarding Passes. Another thing EXTRA which need to be shared is they ADDED word "TRANSLATED" copies of communications with each others on new Forms 5533e this was like " We don't need translation of talks at this time but ask you if needed" Now this is very lengthily and expensive to have all whatsapp chats translated from other to English, not to mention Privacy issues as well.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Exit/ENTRY stamps were always being checked to prove that sponsor really went to Applicant in person if yes? for how long.. They want us to submit copies of those + Boarding Passes. Another thing EXTRA which need to be shared is they ADDED word "TRANSLATED" copies of communications with each others on new Forms 5533e this was like " We don't need translation of talks at this time but ask you if needed" Now this is very lengthily and expensive to have all whatsapp chats translated from other to English, not to mention Privacy issues as well.
I meant if you choose to actually move to applicant's country indefinitely until sponsorship process is done.
My question is, is that allowed? I mean why should I only be allowed to see my wife 3X a year for a month each? It is cost prohibitive, risky during Covid, and very inconvenient and it violates my human right to be with my wife.

Reactions: niravit57