+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Helena2

Mar 23, 2020
I meant if you choose to actually move to applicant's country indefinitely until sponsorship process is done.
My question is, is that allowed? I mean why should I only be allowed to see my wife 3X a year for a month each? It is cost prohibitive, risky during Covid, and very inconvenient and it violates my human right to be with my wife.
I feel very discouraged with long distance love, especially when the government are between us and deciding our faith.
Good luck everyone! Soon...oneday...someday ...we'll reunited

Reactions: Toby2020

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I meant if you choose to actually move to applicant's country indefinitely until sponsorship process is done.
My question is, is that allowed? I mean why should I only be allowed to see my wife 3X a year for a month each? It is cost prohibitive, risky during Covid, and very inconvenient and it violates my human right to be with my wife.
Of course as long as you are Citizen of Canada , as far as I read here no problems BUT if a PR does it then problems

Reactions: Phalos

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Did anyone who submitted early May got AOR ?
NOT on these forums may be outside somewhere. I was told they are not working on MAy yet but another member was told they started early MAY

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi Aniavi,

I am in very similar situation as you are.
I am in India currently with my spouse and I dont feel safe to travel back to Canada yet.

I am in India working remotely for my employer and paying taxes from my salary regularly.
I am planning to submit the outland spouse application from here only as I dont feel safe to travel back to Canada yet.
I was wondering how did you courier the application ? Through FedEx ? And to which address you sent the application ? Did you use the Dorchester address that is specified for courier purpose in Document Checklist ?

Please met me know the address you sent the application to.

Thank you !
Hi,

I sent the documents to 49 Dorchester St, Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2, Canada.
I saw the following response from IRCC on their official Twitter handle to a similar situation as mine. “If you are outside Canada on a temporary basis due to Covid-19, but Canada is your principal country of residence, you could include a letter of explanation to clarify your situation. Decisions are made by highly trained migration officers who carefully and consistently assess each application equally. The officers take into consideration all circumstances presented to them by the applicant.” Seems encouraging and makes me hopeful.

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
I called ircc today and they replied we are still processing applications submitted before February 12.
Then how come people who applied in March/April are claiming that they received AOR. I don't know what's happening I really feel disheartened staying away from my spouse with such a level of uncertainty

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I called ircc today and they replied we are still processing applications submitted before February 12.
Then how come people who applied in March/April are claiming that they received AOR. I don't know what's happening I really feel disheartened staying away from my spouse with such a level of uncertainty
Phone agents are unreliable in this question.

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
I submitted mine February 17th and I got my sponsor approval email today so keep holding up it is coming.

Reactions: Mishthi

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Can I register my wife at the city of Ottawa if she does not have a PR yet ? Or I need to wait ?
My Tax will go down a bit I think.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Can I register my wife at the city of Ottawa if she does not have a PR yet ? Or I need to wait ?
My Tax will go down a bit I think.
She needs to be a PR be4 you get anything at all , I asked Blue X already, they won't recognize our wives until they become a PR here,
BUT you MUST declare yourself as MARRIED in the Income TAX filing as I did, may be it makes a diff! But we cannot lie that we R married

Last edited:

Jasmine Siddiqui

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-06-2019
Submitted application for my husbands sponsorship on May 13th.. yet to submit PCC because havent received one due to covid but no update on the file