+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2020 intake (general discussion)

dr. Rajeshree

Mar 18, 2020
As per the recent updates, there is high probability that May intake will take place but with some restrictions .In person classes will not be there. All classes for the spring/summer session will be conducted online, students can take the classes from their home country also . For safer side students who got their study permit for may intake before 18th march should contact their respective collages or universities for the clarification or wait for update from them.
I got my visa dated on march 14 2020.. Is it necessary for us to understand abt the study visa and study permit..? Because the ircc government has said student with study permit before march 18... What do they actually mean??

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
I got my visa dated on march 14 2020.. Is it necessary for us to understand abt the study visa and study permit..? Because the ircc government has said student with study permit before march 18... What do they actually mean??
I think that is one and the same thing (Study Visa/Permit)- TRV is issued along with study permit .

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Canada opened their border for them who got visa before 18 march for may intake
All very well but all anyone can do here at the moment is to speculate whether there will still be a May intake given colleges are temporarily closing down to manage the COVID situation and could worst case still be closed for a few months. Also even getting to Canada may be a challenge given international airlines are cancelling their schedules and even if someone gets to Canada in the next few months apart from the 14 day self isolation they will likely find businesses in shutdown and public transport restricted.

Potential May students should all contact their colleges directly and keep checking the colleges websites for latest status given just arriving whilst the current emergency is progressing they could find themselves in dire straits both personally and financially.

Jason2moh

Sep 10, 2019
Hello Guys !!!!

Hope Everyone is good and Safe.

There is an update from Canadian govt. regarding the visa exemption to the international students, who got their study permit before 18th March.

Please check the link for detail update : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html?fbclid=IwAR1dwrWaC9MfKV9mHfIpmby-T_zHhZt5rO4H9sBBqq6TohpjpQAMZdjJQi8
Thanks for this information. It is very helpful

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Hello Guys.

I hope everyone is safe and is in good health.

Today, I got an email from my University(Dalhousie University,Halifax,NS:Applied for masters program). They have deferred May 2020 intake to September 2020 and asked my confirmation for the same, which I have provided subsequently.

Many University colleges are going to do the same. Prepare yourself in advance .

Stay Safe.

Reactions: ynandal99

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Hello experts,

I have applied for May intake 2020, at Thompson Ricers Universty for the course B.Sc. (4 yr bachelor), quick overlook on profile.
10th- 3.8 GPA (4.0 GPA)
12(science) - 3.47 CGPA (4.0 GPA)
TOEFL - 90 (R-26,L-23,S-22,W-19)

1st applied on 9th December 2019,biometrics done on 9th December 2019
#1 - Refused on 19th Dec 2019, reason as under -
I didn't have enough financial support for my study in Canada
#2- Applied second time with adding the sponsor(GRANDFATHER) on 6th January 2020,on 20th January 2020, again refused with the reason as -
You have not provided satisfactory evidence of funds available for your proposed course of studies and living and transportation expenses while in Canada.

Planning to apply for 3rd time what shall i do for this time?
With regards to financial status; what documents did you provide?

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
W
Hello experts,

I have applied for May intake 2020, at Lambton College Toronto campus for the course business management (2 yr pg diploma), quick overlook on profile.
10th(2014 passed) - 68%
12(commerce) (2016 passed) - 69%
B.com(2019 passed April) - 62%
IELTS - L-7,R-6,W-6.5,S-7.5
Now comes the thrilling story -
1st applied on 18th December 2019,biometrics done on 23rd December 2019
#1 - Refused on 2nd Jan 2020, reason as under -
Iam not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay based on your purpose of visit
#2- Applied second time with changes in SOP on 7th January 2020,on 15th January 2020, again refused with the same reason as under -
I'm not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay based on your purpose of visit.

I did not submit any loan paper as I didn't tool education loan, also I didn't provide my father's ITR, salary slip, PF etc.

Also my sister left for canada on 30 January 2020 before my previous rejections. She is PR in canada and by the time I was applying for visa she had her visa stamped on her passport so I mentioned that my blood relatives are in canada, but I provided her address of India as she was living here till there.

Can you please help me with my situation what's wrong with my file. My course in also matching with previous education, no ielts problem and I don't think having blood relative in canada, i.e my sister can lead to deny my student visa, what do u say experts.. Pls help
Helpless!
weak sop