+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I too was fed up in the month of Apr and wondered whats happening and submitted request for gcms. So from gcms i found that my wife's file (may 2020) got transferred even before my file was transferred. So thats when i realized that there will be delay even in initial transfer of file from sydney itself.

well, what to do. this kind of mistakes from their end messes up our file's progress and gives us more stress.
funny thing is that we cant figure out why it was not transferred from sydney but how come some applications get transferred when background check is not complete. they really dont follow process. i think that our files get missed in the pipeline which falls somewhere in the production line and after months they pick up the file and post it to the locaiton.

i still wonder why the hell they even do physical transfer of paper file when they have all the pages scanned before they issue AOR and no originals are being sent with the application. what a waste of time and resource for cic sydney, cic officers at local offices and postal workers.
Don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling that you harirajmohan and I were in the same PR renewal group on here.......!!!!! Nice to see you again ..... kind of :rolleyes: !!!!
I did write a long letter to my MP saying how dreadfully un-transparent, inconsistent, lacking in parity, incoherent, random, subjective, disappointing and many other verbs....... the whole system appears to be.

Hanging in there..... just about. :mad:

Reactions: harirajmohan

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
You'll see it in ECAS
@rajkamalmohanram

I see DM in ECAS and the new application tracking site shows prohibitions and physical presence were completed on 26th July and updated records on 27th July.

It also shows Language Skills in progress while parents are senior citizens (67 and 71) and need not take language exam or citizenship test (shows not started). They only will have the citizenship ceremony and oath which should be straight fwd. NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER THIS WOULD TAKE.

How do I know which is my location ? We have applied from GTA area.

I have applied for GCMS 2 weeks back and not sure if this triggered the updates on the new application status tracking portal.
I still do not have an update on GCMS and was given a temporary ref # and told that I will have a proper ref # and the results of GCMS application would be in 30 days. ANY GUIDANCE ON THIS ?

Reactions: Hot2Cold

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram

I see DM in ECAS and the new application tracking site shows prohibitions and physical presence were completed on 26th July and updated records on 27th July.

It also shows Language Skills in progress while parents are senior citizens (67 and 71) and need not take language exam or citizenship test (shows not started). They only will have the citizenship ceremony and oath which should be straight fwd. NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER THIS WOULD TAKE.

How do I know which is my location ? We have applied from GTA area.

I have applied for GCMS 2 weeks back and not sure if this triggered the updates on the new application status tracking portal.
I still do not have an update on GCMS and was given a temporary ref # and told that I will have a proper ref # and the results of GCMS application would be in 30 days. ANY GUIDANCE ON THIS ?
For senior citizens, Language and Test might keep showing "In Progress" till the end. As long as you see "Decision Made", you should be good.

You can call IRCC and ask for the location. The GCMS notes will also show the location where the application is being processed in.

You will only get a temporary reference number. You'll see the permanent tracking number only at the time when you receive your GCMS notes. Currently, there are delays with notes. You will get your notes in about 3- to 50 days from the date you submitted a request.

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
For senior citizens, Language and Test might keep showing "In Progress" till the end. As long as you see "Decision Made", you should be good.

You can call IRCC and ask for the location. The GCMS notes will also show the location where the application is being processed in.

You will only get a temporary reference number. You'll see the permanent tracking number only at the time when you receive your GCMS notes. Currently, there are delays with notes. You will get your notes in about 3- to 50 days from the date you submitted a request.
Thanks. Appreciate it. So I have some light to see. It shows DM and need to wait for citizenship/oath email.
Since it has been 20+ days on GCMS request, I hope to get the Citizenship email soon and by the time we get GCMS - hopefully !

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

4ree3

Jul 15, 2021
So I finally got updates on

Aug 3, 2021
Language skills activity status updated
Language skills
New update
Language skills status has been updated to Completed

• Aug 3, 2021
    Physical presence activity status updated
    Physical presence
    New update
    Physical presence status has been updated to Complete

Somehow my background and prohibition went back into processing??
    I have no clue what is going on..

Reactions: Orlaith

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram - happy to see that in the new tracker all sections except Oath (which says not started) were marked as "Completed" yesterday (Aug 3, 2021). Old Tracker shows Decision Made as well. I guess Oath would be coming up soon?
You are in line for oath. But depending on the office and your file, it might take a while. There isn't a standard timeline for oath.

I hope you get it soon.

I've updated the spreadsheet.

Wish you all the very best!

Reactions: smallpotato

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
You are in line for oath. But depending on the office and your file, it might take a while. There isn't a standard timeline for oath.

I hope you get it soon.

I've updated the spreadsheet.

Wish you all the very best!
What is the standard time line for oath ? What is it for known processing centers if any ? @rajkamalmohanram This would be really helpful and interesting to see.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What is the standard time line for oath ? What is it for known processing centers if any ? @rajkamalmohanram This would be really helpful and interesting to see.
Well, in my previous response, I said there ISN'T a standard timeline for oath. If you want a ballpark timeline, check this :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1723141943

This is month-wise average processing times.

The link below will give you processing times based on location and month :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1081870630

Reactions: smallpotato

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
Well, in my previous response, I said there ISN'T a standard timeline for oath. If you want a ballpark timeline, check this :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1723141943

This is month-wise average processing times.

The link below will give you processing times based on location and month :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1081870630
Thanks.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

adnan2014

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My online status still showing "Updated: April 23, 2021". Its so confusing and pathetic.

Is anyone facing the same issue?

Adnan

Oktobr

Nov 1, 2017
Dear Admins,
We just got an update. On the ecas website shows 'Decision Made' dated August 3, and the new site, the status tracker shows all completed, except for the Oath Ceremony. It says not started on the Oath.
Please update spreadsheet.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!!

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
Dear Admins,
We just got an update. On the ecas website shows 'Decision Made' dated August 3, and the new site, the status tracker shows all completed, except for the Oath Ceremony. It says not started on the Oath.
Please update spreadsheet.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!!
which office ? Scarborough?