VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Everyone,

please update the spreadsheet.
DM (in web portal) - July 23
Oath Ceremony (in web portal) - Oct 5
Awaiting oath email (official communication)

from some older posts it looke like the oath email invite is sent only a few days before the actual ceremony. Is this still the case?

Mavi1987

Jul 29, 2021
Application sent on May 11,2020
AOR on November 10,2020
Application process from Dec 9,2020
Background check completed April 2021
language,prohibitions still processing
Got test invite and request for passport copies from Edmonton office today morning
Test date in between Aug 6 to Aug 26

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

from some older posts it looke like the oath email invite is sent only a few days before the actual ceremony. Is this still the case?
I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed" date

Thanks.

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed" date

Thanks.
Sorry for the confusion, I’m PyrocasterX (row 18). It looks like my phone had stored an older account.
The background check completed: feb 10 2021
Citizenship test completed: may 14
Prohibitions etc. Completed: July 23 (this is what I assume to mean decision made per my original post)

hope this helps.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion, I’m PyrocasterX (row 18). It looks like my phone had stored an older account.
The background check completed: feb 10 2021
Citizenship test completed: may 14
Prohibitions etc. Completed: July 23 (this is what I assume to mean decision made per my original post)

hope this helps.
Thanks. And Congrats! I have updated the spreadsheet.

You'll receive an email about a week or two before the ceremony.

Please post an update once you receive the oath email.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
This is such a quiet thread.....
I am an Ottawa applicant from May 2020. No test, no comms since AOR in September 2020. I wrote to my MP and he wrote to Immigration and today I got a response. It was fairly generic but it did include this info:
The file was transferred to the local IRCC office in Ottawa, Ontario on May 18, 2021, for further processing.
Does anyone have any idea what this means in terms of time frame?
Has anyone else got this type of info back -I guess it means its just sitting there for the last 3 months?
@rajkamalmohanram you are my eyes and ears!! Heard of anything like this...?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am an Ottawa applicant from May 2020. No test, no comms since AOR in September 2020. I wrote to my MP and he wrote to Immigration and today I got a response. It was fairly generic but it did include this info:
The file was transferred to the local IRCC office in Ottawa, Ontario on May 18, 2021, for further processing.
Has anyone else got this type of info back -I guess it means its just sitting there for the last 3 months?
Well, that obviously is a glorified "generic" response coming from your MP's office. There isn't a standard timeline, unfortunately and I have seen other reports that claim that Ottawa is one of the slowest offices in Canada. There are approximately only around 50 data points for all of 2020 for Ottawa so the average processing times aren't as accurate.

I hope you see some progress soon.

All the best!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I think that delayed file transfer was the delay in test invite.
My file too was transferred to windsor only in Mar hence i got the test invite in Jun(along with other applications that applied little late). So thinking it will move faster from here since file is already there in ottawa.
Did you check with few other Ottawa Feb 2020 applicants(the ones received test invite) to find out when their application was transferred?

Reactions: Orlaith

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys, where do you see DM? in the new tracking website? because i don't see any case with '' decision made''

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I think that delayed file transfer was the delay in test invite.
My file too was transferred to windsor only in Mar hence i got the test invite in Jun(along with other applications that applied little late). So thinking it will move faster from here since file is already there in ottawa.
Did you check with few other Ottawa Feb 2020 applicants(the ones received test invite) to find out when their application was transferred?
Thanks for your response! What could have possibly taken 12 months for the file to be transferred......
Anyhoo - knowing the file has been transferred is brand new info to me. I will reach out to the other Ottawa applicants to see if there is anyone who knows when their file reached the Ottawa office and if they received a test invite - and when......
I will keep you posted!

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Well, that obviously is a glorified "generic" response coming from your MP's office. There isn't a standard timeline, unfortunately and I have seen other reports that claim that Ottawa is one of the slowest offices in Canada. There are approximately only around 50 data points for all of 2020 for Ottawa so the average processing times aren't as accurate.

I hope you see some progress soon.

All the best!
Thank you for this! I will certainly keep everyone in the loop. I am mesmerised by why it took so long for the file to get from Nova Scotia to Ottawa...... genuinely.... at least it isn't in behind some filing cabinet - or maybe it is....

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for your response! What could have possibly taken 12 months for the file to be transferred......
Anyhoo - knowing the file has been transferred is brand new info to me. I will reach out to the other Ottawa applicants to see if there is anyone who knows when their file reached the Ottawa office and if they received a test invite - and when......
I will keep you posted!
I too was fed up in the month of Apr and wondered whats happening and submitted request for gcms. So from gcms i found that my wife's file (may 2020) got transferred even before my file was transferred. So thats when i realized that there will be delay even in initial transfer of file from sydney itself.

well, what to do. this kind of mistakes from their end messes up our file's progress and gives us more stress.
funny thing is that we cant figure out why it was not transferred from sydney but how come some applications get transferred when background check is not complete. they really dont follow process. i think that our files get missed in the pipeline which falls somewhere in the production line and after months they pick up the file and post it to the locaiton.

i still wonder why the hell they even do physical transfer of paper file when they have all the pages scanned before they issue AOR and no originals are being sent with the application. what a waste of time and resource for cic sydney, cic officers at local offices and postal workers.