+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Hey guys, I have sent my app on Apr 25 and received By CIC on May 4 but still no AOR. I see several May 6th applicants received their AoR. AoR supposed to be sent out based on date? I was wondering if any applicants applied before May 6 still waiting for AoR?
There are some Feb to March applicanrs are waiting. Check the tracker

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hey guys, I have sent my app on Apr 25 and received By CIC on May 4 but still no AOR. I see several May 6th applicants received their AoR. AoR supposed to be sent out based on date? I was wondering if any applicants applied before May 6 still waiting for AoR?
Delivered on Feb 18, and still no AOR. Feel for us!

Reactions: nicolass

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Delivered on Feb 18, and still no AOR. Feel for us!
So why you think they skip some applications? If it wasn’t complete they should have returned it. Do you think nationality is the factor here? Because I don’t understand why they skip some applications. Feb to Oct is around 7 months, how much more you should wait for an AOR? It’s not fair!

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So why you think they skip some applications? If it wasn’t complete they should have returned it. Do you think nationality is the factor here? Because I don’t understand why they skip some applications. Feb to Oct is around 7 months, how much more you should wait for an AOR? It’s not fair!
Great question but only IRCC employees would be able to answer that as all my predictions/estimates/guesstimates have failed already.

Reactions: nicolass

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
I know right. :( There doesn't seem to be a connection with your location either, looking at the excel sheet. The only logical explanation is that they are separately assigned to different agents, and some may be on extended leave. According to the forum, there are people left behind from February, March, and April (maybe even January!).

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
I know right. :( There doesn't seem to be a connection with your location either, looking at the excel sheet. The only logical explanation is that they are separately assigned to different agents, and some may be on extended leave. According to the forum, there are people left behind from February, March, and April (maybe even January!).
That's true. Wish I knew how IRCC works. I noticed yesterday that rahu100 and myself are from the same location, our applications were delivered same date, and we got AOR same day. But that diesnt seems to be the case for everyone. IRCC and their whimsies!

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Dear Admin,

Just got the AOR .. please update the sheet

App Type: Family ( 1 adult , 2 childs )
Presence Days: 1185
App Sent: 04-May-2020
App Delivered: 07-May-2020
AOR: 23-Sep-2020

Thanks

Reactions: EUK and andrem

kushalk14

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
24th feb 2016
I think that a lot of agents are still redeployed or put on emergency leave so people whose applications were received by an agent who is not currently available are probably the ones that are stuck.

I work in the public service sector and I got redeployed to a homeless shelter and am still working over there since March

Reactions: vishakha

chakudu

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Admin,
May I have the link for Spread sheet

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I think that a lot of agents are still redeployed or put on emergency leave so people whose applications were received by an agent who is not currently available are probably the ones that are stuck.

I work in the public service sector and I got redeployed to a homeless shelter and am still working over there since March
How smart is that to assign work to people when they are on leave or redeployed somewhere else? Only in public sector you will find this no sense. I am currently on day off for the next 6 days, my organization is not going to assign work to me when I am not there and clients are not going to wait for 6 days before they get the service they are paying for from my organisation. Better increase the work of the available agents.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Not the location, nationality! E. g. The issue happens to inland iranian applicants 3 yra ago where their PR applications delayed significantly. We should start searching what’s happening as I don’t think it’s just an accident. IRCC should start issuing AOR and processing of applications without discrimination.

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Hello all,

AOR received just now. Four separate emails, all received within 15 minutes between 11.42am and 11.57am EST. Please update the spreadsheet!

App Type: Family ( 2 adult , 2 children )
Presence Days: 1130
App Sent: 08-May-2020
App Delivered: 11-May-2020
AOR: 23-Sep-2020

Good luck to us all and keep the faith!! :) Can't express how happy and surprised I am for getting it much sooner than expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolass and EUK

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Not the location, nationality! E. g. The issue happens to inland iranian applicants 3 yra ago where their PR applications delayed significantly. We should start searching what’s happening as I don’t think it’s just an accident. IRCC should start issuing AOR and processing of applications without discrimination.
I can understand how nationality affects processing delays getting citizenship/PR, but I don't see how it should affect getting the AOR. From what I understand, processing/checks happen after getting the AOR.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
I'm a UK/IRE dual citizen from April 2020 with no AOR. I have a MEX friend from Feb 2020 with no AOR, a PT/BR dual citizen friend from March 2020 with no AOR. I don't think this is about discrimination given we're all from vastly different countries with no AOR.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I'm a UK/IRE dual citizen from April 2020 with no AOR. I have a MEX friend from Feb 2020 with no AOR, a PT/BR dual citizen friend from March 2020 with no AOR. I don't think this is about discrimination given we're all from vastly different countries with no AOR.
I agree. For AOR there is no difference as its just messy now in allocations and priority order by date.

But processing of applications has significant difference based on which officer gets the application. This officer has his own criteria to delay either in the form of reviewing late or requesting additional documents for specific applicants.
One major example of process step: "Finger print request" - Not everyone gets and why criminality is not checked for all. if criminality can be checked for others without fingerprints then why only for some. And if they cant check criminality online then they should be issuing fingerprint request for the rest of them, not just some.

Last edited: