Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I submitted my app back in May but a few days ago I realized I messed up the physical presence calculator quite considerably. I missed almost three months of time out of country before I came a PR. Even removing that three months I still have ample days to qualify but my question is....instead of waiting for my app to be potentially returned as incomplete should I just submit a brand new app and put an LOE explaining my mistake?
Thanks!
They wont return as they wont know your travel detail and they dont verify your travel while issuing AOR.
Choices:
1. After AOR you can submit webform and send the updated calculator.
2. Submit new application now as you said.

Reactions: Deedle

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Admin, please update:

On behalf of my wife
App received May 1st, 2020
AOR Sep 18th, 2020
Single Applicant
Regina, SK

Reactions: EUK and smallpotato

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Does anyone know why there seems to be a gap between returning an application for incomplete documents and receiving AOR?

According to this forum, they have already opened end of may applications since some have been returned. But the AORs have just started to trickle in for beginning of may.

So what is happening in this gap of time? If IRCC has already opened and ascertained that an application should NOT be returned, why isn’t the AOR issued immediately?

diudiutaichou

May 27, 2020
Does anyone know why there seems to be a gap between returning an application for incomplete documents and receiving AOR?

According to this forum, they have already opened end of may applications since some have been returned. But the AORs have just started to trickle in for beginning of may.

So what is happening in this gap of time? If IRCC has already opened and ascertained that an application should NOT be returned, why isn’t the AOR issued immediately?
It could be that there are dozens of opened envelopes on their desk, and the staffs who are responsible for issuing AOR need time to input information into the system, then the system can generate AOR. Just a guess.

Abhi2006

Mar 1, 2016
Got the AOR today

Update on this
Physical Presence - 1124 days
Individual application (1 adult)
Application sent: April 27 2020
Delivered: May 1 2020
AOR: September 21 2020
Started Processing: TBD
FP Request: TBD
Test Invite: TBD
Test Date: Jan TBD
Decision Made: TBD
Oath invite: TBD

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013

My understanding (and I don't know this for sure) is that there is an initial check for completeness when your application goes in. If it is incomplete - it is returned. If it passes the completeness test it then goes into a waiting pattern for it to begin to be formally assessed. When the file is deemed complete and opened is when you get an AOR.
I say this because I sent in my application in January and it was returned because of an issue with the photo - I never got an AOR but I did get the envelope back.
I resubmitted it again in May and I have yet to get an AOR.
So it went in and came back without an AOR.....
Hope that helps!

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please add in spreadsheet.....

Family of "2"
Application sent: May 9, 2020
Delivered: May 14, 2020
Total Physical Presence: 1,205 Days
AOR: TBD

Regards,

RK

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hey guys, I have sent my app on Apr 25 and received By CIC on May 4 but still no AOR. I see several May 6th applicants received their AoR. AoR supposed to be sent out based on date? I was wondering if any applicants applied before May 6 still waiting for AoR?

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
My understanding (and I don't know this for sure) is that there is an initial check for completeness when your application goes in. If it is incomplete - it is returned. If it passes the completeness test it then goes into a waiting pattern for it to begin to be formally assessed. When the file is deemed complete and opened is when you get an AOR.
I say this because I sent in my application in January and it was returned because of an issue with the photo - I never got an AOR but I did get the envelope back.
I resubmitted it again in May and I have yet to get an AOR.
So it went in and came back without an AOR.....
Hope that helps!
Hi, what was the problem with your photograph? I didn't print my name behind my passport. Was that the reason why your application was returned?

Reactions: nicolass