+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
One of my friend application returned because he did not put date on back side. I am not sure about the name. If CIC want to check which picture goes to which application they can check passport/driving license document which are also attached with file.
Agreed with this someone on facebook group reported receiving an AOR as a family of two and they did not put their names on the back of the picture.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Read on multiple threads that a lot of single applicants got their AOR eventhough they didn't write their names on the back of the pictures. I think that's only a problem if you apply as a family in which case IRCC doesn't know which picture goes with which application.
Wow! This is comforting news. I am a single applicant. I hope the overlook it in my case.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
One of my friend application returned because he did not put date on back side. I am not sure about the name. If CIC want to check which picture goes to which application they can check passport/driving license document which are also attached with file.
I am now a May applicant because my application was returned to me - the reason being that there was no proof that the photo was taken in the last six months. If you are getting your photo taken in 'Shoppers' they automatically date the back of it but that is the case everywhere. I did not see explicit instructions in the application package to have the back of the photos date stamped. Anyway I had to get the photos taken again and dated and resent the package putting me in the May catagory. Goodluck all!

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I am now a May applicant because my application was returned to me - the reason being that there was no proof that the photo was taken in the last six months. If you are getting your photo taken in 'Shoppers' they automatically date the back of it but that is the case everywhere. I did not see explicit instructions in the application package to have the back of the photos date stamped. Anyway I had to get the photos taken again and dated and resent the package putting me in the May catagory. Goodluck all!
Below is from the IRCC website concerning photos requirement for citizenship:
Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Specifications
  • The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
  • The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
  • If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
  • Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
  • You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
  • A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
  • If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Sir,
Can you update my citizenship application into excel sheet?

App Type: Me and my child
Presence Days: 1169
App Sent: 11-May-2020
App Delivered: 13-May-2020
AOR: ??
ECAS In Progress: ???
Test Letter: ???
Test/Interview Date: ???
ECAS Decision Made: ???
Oath Letter Date: ???
Oath Date: ???

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Below is from the IRCC website concerning photos requirement for citizenship:
Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Specifications
  • The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
  • The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
  • If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
  • Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
  • You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
  • A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
  • If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
Thank you. I am am amazed that I missed this. Amazed.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Has anyone received AOR on this thread? IRCC is almost done sending AORs for the month of April.
It’s sad that only 1 out 5 has gotten AOR for April month.

kunalbhosale

Sep 18, 2020
Hello,
Could you please update my citizenship application into excel sheet?

App Type: Single Applicant
Presence Days: 1115
App Sent: May 22, 2020.
App Delivered: May 27, 2020

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Admen,
Can you update my citizenship application into excel sheet?

App Type: Me and my child
Presence Days: 1169
App Sent: 11-May-2020
App Delivered: 13-May-2020
AOR: ??
ECAS In Progress: ???
Test Letter: ???
Test/Interview Date: ???
ECAS Decision Made: ???
Oath Letter Date: ???
Oath Date: ???

Reactions: armsfiesta

kushalk14

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
24th feb 2016
Please add my details in the excel sheet as well
Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia
App Type: Single, not urgent
Presence Days: 1105
App Sent: 04-May-2020
App Delivered: 06-May-2020
AOR: 18-Sep-2020

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I submitted my app back in May but a few days ago I realized I messed up the physical presence calculator quite considerably. I missed almost three months of time out of country before I came a PR. Even removing that three months I still have ample days to qualify but my question is....instead of waiting for my app to be potentially returned as incomplete should I just submit a brand new app and put an LOE explaining my mistake?
Thanks!