+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Reactions: immicow

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
The application status login website mentions that they are priority processing applicants who are exempt from travel restrictions. Sept 7 is the tentative date when all eligible foreign nationals who are vaccinated can enter Canada. So I’m hoping there will be some movement from next month

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start?utm_source=canada-ca_imm_travel-restrictions-exemptions&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en
Inland applicants are not affected by travel restrictions but they are not processed. I wonder what is the point for IRCC to keep mentioning that!

Jimmy6

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
My friend with May 2020 has run out of patient on Feb 2021 and withdrawn. He then applied again and got AOR Mar 2021. He got PR last month lol
And I am still waiting with AOR May 2020 haha

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child.

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen?

Thanks.

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child.

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen?

Thanks.
I may be wrong but I don’t think IRCC will consider a dependent child “non accompanying” when both parents are PR. That’s probably why they asked you for documents even after you mentioned that you don’t want to add the child.

The child can enter Canada temporarily with a US passport but will need a visa/PR to settle. Even if IRCC does allow the child to be non accompanying, it’ll be a long hassle to add the child as PR later using a fresh application

Last edited:

VPG

Star Member
May 18, 2021

Hi,

Thanks.
I think it depends on the age of your child.