+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

kn604

Oct 12, 2020
My friend application in June 2020 already got COPR 20 days ago.
Why they are stuck at May 2020 applications?

Sidd_Sanghvi

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Category........
CEC
Just a quick question,
I saw a GU last Sunday (21st FEB) but when i called following Monday i was told by call centre agent my application is at the same status & no progress.
What could be the reason behind that GU? Technical Glitch? Or does people sees GU but no real updates?

Thanks in Advance.

@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just a quick question,
I saw a GU last Sunday (21st FEB) but when i called following Monday i was told by call centre agent my application is at the same status & no progress.
What could be the reason behind that GU? Technical Glitch? Or does people sees GU but no real updates?

Thanks in Advance.

@legalfalcon
A GU only indicates a movement which could be as mundane as moving a file to another office, delegating it to another offer etc. or a major one such as passing of a stage.

Leojeff

Jul 27, 2018
@legalfalcon ;

What could possibly be happening with my application based on your experience?

Here's the scenario:

I contacted IRCC a couple weeks ago and an agent who seem to be very knowledgeable, told me everything was set to passed and the only thing left was my biometrics.

He also explained to me that the officer in charge got into my application 1 day before the biometrics was completed and posted on the website(Nov 9th). The officer ended up leaving a note, indicating he should look for biometrics updates as a next step.

Last Friday, I called IRCC again and this time, another agent told me criminality check was in progress and even though I explained what I was told a couple weeks ago, she couldn't confirm it.

A few hours after that, my profile gets updated saying they're checking the additional docs provided(Which is the RCMP check of my wife that was requested a while ago).
PS: This doc was uploaded and checked by them in a timely fashion.

Well, right now we seem to be back to the same time when they checked my wife's RCMP check last year.

Review of additional documents
  • February 26, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Should I request GCM notes at this point?

Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated.

AOR May22nd - 2020
CEC - Inland app
Medical passed :July 15th
Biometrics completed: Nov 9th
RCMP check request: July 15th

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
CEC inland
AOR : May 19, 2020
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: In progress
Security : not started
This is the same status since aug 29,2020...
Ppl who applied on July, Aug, September , October even November got approvals ..
It’s so frustrating to even type this ...

Sidd_Sanghvi

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Category........
CEC
CEC inland
AOR : May 19, 2020
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: In progress
Security : not started
This is the same status since aug 29,2020...
Ppl who applied on July, Aug, September , October even November got approvals ..
It’s so frustrating to even type this ...
I have the same AOR & same status as yours.
Criminality-in Progress & Security-not started.
Definitely frustrating but nothing much can be done other than waiting...

jairam92

Apr 25, 2020
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Central Intake Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-12-2019
Doc's Request.
16-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
IELTS Request
10-01-2020
Med's Request
16-APR-2020
Med's Done....
24-APR-2020
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Inland CEC applicant
@legalfalcon ;

What could possibly be happening with my application based on your experience?

Here's the scenario:

I contacted IRCC a couple weeks ago and an agent who seem to be very knowledgeable, told me everything was set to passed and the only thing left was my biometrics.

He also explained to me that the officer in charge got into my application 1 day before the biometrics was completed and posted on the website(Nov 9th). The officer ended up leaving a note, indicating he should look for biometrics updates as a next step.

Last Friday, I called IRCC again and this time, another agent told me criminality check was in progress and even though I explained what I was told a couple weeks ago, she couldn't confirm it.

A few hours after that, my profile gets updated saying they're checking the additional docs provided(Which is the RCMP check of my wife that was requested a while ago).
PS: This doc was uploaded and checked by them in a timely fashion.

Well, right now we seem to be back to the same time when they checked my wife's RCMP check last year.

Review of additional documents
  • February 26, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Should I request GCM notes at this point?

Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated.

AOR May22nd - 2020
CEC - Inland app
Medical passed :July 15th
Biometrics completed: Nov 9th
RCMP check request: July 15th
This update means your application was probably approved (post criminality). You may receive COPR in 10 days! Please keep watching your application.
If you call the IRCC agent must also say your application is approved. But not reflecting on the system yet.

Ligy k Babu

Feb 20, 2020
Hi friends,
I am from India,I got my BIL on June 2020 and I have done biometric on 1/03,2021. It is under PR category. The problem is with my name. When the profile creation,I put my name as LALY K JOHN,like in my adhar and pan. But in my passport the name is with the abbreviation of K(FAMILY NAME). today from vfs office asking me to send a mail to Delhi immigration department just to inform them . But they took my biometric and is updated in EE profile. I am dependent. Is this a big issue? Or which I can rectify it by mail to IRCC. PLEASE help me if anyone knows about this type of issues