+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Hey guys! Got a ghost update last Friday and today went in to check and it said my Medical Exams were approved (it used to say I didn't need one, but on GCMS notes was approved already since July), so I'm guessing they extended them? Not sure what was this for, just hoping this is one of the final steps and COPR is coming soon. Anyone had same "issue"?

AOR MAY 7th
when did you medical expired ?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi friends,
I am from India,I got my BIL on June 2020 and I have done biometric on 1/03,2021. It is under PR category. The problem is with my name. When the profile creation,I put my name as LALY K JOHN,like in my adhar and pan. But in my passport the name is with the abbreviation of K(FAMILY NAME). today from vfs office asking me to send a mail to Delhi immigration department just to inform them . But they took my biometric and is updated in EE profile. I am dependent. Is this a big issue? Or which I can rectify it by mail to IRCC. PLEASE help me if anyone knows about this type of issues
Remember always when applying for international matters passport is valid as a identity document as long as the date matches to that no issues...i didnt get what ur trying to say like abbreviation of K...anyhow if you mean ur family is complete in passport you are supposed to fill up using that info not the aadhar card(which is national.ID)...raise case enquiry form and add an explanation letter saying the error in your family amd add the photocopies providing the proof for them to match..its better you let them know before they find out amd someofficers might take it as fraud though we didnt intend to do..so no worries raise the case enquiry form explaning clearly and you can do so in IRCC website..

Cccchloe

Aug 19, 2020
May 24 AOR. Just got my second GCMS note. No progress compared to my first GCMS note, but find something interesting: In this second GCMS note, there is one sentence: " File assigned to xxxxx group for assessment" appeared in the most recent note, which is not in my first GCMS note, the name of the group is erased out thus only a blank is left here.

Just got really confused about it, curious about what group my file is assigned to and why the group name is erased, is there anyone in the same situation? Thanks.

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Remember always when applying for international matters passport is valid as a identity document as long as the date matches to that no issues...i didnt get what ur trying to say like abbreviation of K...anyhow if you mean ur family is complete in passport you are supposed to fill up using that info not the aadhar card(which is national.ID)...raise case enquiry form and add an explanation letter saying the error in your family amd add the photocopies providing the proof for them to match..its better you let them know before they find out amd someofficers might take it as fraud though we didnt intend to do..so no worries raise the case enquiry form explaning clearly and you can do so in IRCC website..
This has made me wonder something about my application. I have a middle name on my birth certificate, but for some reason (I don’t know why, I guess my parents just didn’t bother) it’s never been included on my passports. As a result, it’s also not on my drivers licence or any other ID that I have. So I didn’t include it on my application, cause I figured I needed to match what’s on my passport. Do you think this will be an issue if they see I have a middle name anywhere else while conducting background checks? Or do you think as long as it matches my passport then it’s ok? Not sure whether to send a letter of explanation about it now! @legalfalcon what do you think?

Last edited:

okirazli

Star Member
Dec 4, 2019
May 24 AOR. Just got my second GCMS note. No progress compared to my first GCMS note, but find something interesting: In this second GCMS note, there is one sentence: " File assigned to xxxxx group for assessment" appeared in the most recent note, which is not in my first GCMS note, the name of the group is erased out thus only a blank is left here.

Just got really confused about it, curious about what group my file is assigned to and why the group name is erased, is there anyone in the same situation? Thanks.
I have the same. No idea what is means

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020

That XXXX most likely means SECURITY. In CBSA notes, these section are not usually redacted. Reference - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/post-9221031

Reactions: Cccchloe

AmanDman

Feb 8, 2021
Congrats, I am May 26 AOR, CEC inland, same timeline as you, Criminality passed about 3 weeks ago and Security passed this morning, lets hope for best.
Alright so similar stuff for me. Criminality 3 weeks ago and Security was passed yesterday. I just called in. No decision yet. I wonder how long they’re going to take to make a decision now. Well a positive news for sure.

Therealdurgesh

Jan 18, 2021
AOR: May 10
Bio: Oct 22,2020
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Passed
Criminality: Pin drop silence since Oct 22
Called them multiple times to ask for criminality, last call agent gave me hope saying Keep an eye on your account...

Deepanshur20

Nov 10, 2019
Hi

FSW Outland.. Applied from India

19th May AOR

Finally submitted my biometrics today since the vfs opened for EE candidates this week. The biometrics are now visible in my cic account

Any idea by when should i expect copr.? Also do you recommend me to apply for GCMS notes?

My last update using the webform on 31st October was
The eligibility verification is currently valid.

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is in process.
The medical examination results on file are valid until May 21

Furthermore, we have verified the information and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.