+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

xiaoxiao123

Oct 30, 2020
Did you order GCMS notes? Which date is your last update? When your eligibility was passed? I have the same AOR date.
I didn't order GCMS notes. The last update is Feb 23, 2021, is the Criminality pass
The eligibility was passed in August or September I think

Last edited:

KB187

Jan 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
AOR Received.
11 May 2020
OMg, what is happening? Paper or online?
You can apply for WP if it expires less than 4 months or less. You can wait till last week to apply. Once you apply, your status will become implied and you can live and work till they give any decision on WP application. I suggest to wait till last month & in case if PR doesn't come then you can apply for BOWP.
Why to spend another $300.00..

lampqmal

Jan 6, 2021
You can apply for WP if it expires less than 4 months or less. You can wait till last week to apply. Once you apply, your status will become implied and you can live and work till they give any decision on WP application. I suggest to wait till last month & in case if PR doesn't come then you can apply for BOWP.
Why to spend another $300.00..
True. Feels like we are kinda like the cash cow in here

bgurpreet106

Oct 18, 2020
If your PR application is in progress, you are eligible to apply for BOWP.

Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

IF you meet the above, you can.
I dont fit in this situation as my work permit is valid till November 2021, after 12 july, i will be entering that 4 month or less window.. But my question was, why the IRCC account giving me the option for applying open work permit when i am putting my all information. It says you are eligible for open work permit. So kindly advice, if it shows you are eligible, shall i give a try because i m facing issues with current owner. My PR application is under process, AOR May 1, 2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I dont fit in this situation as my work permit is valid till November 2021, after 12 july, i will be entering that 4 month or less window.. But my question was, why the IRCC account giving me the option for applying open work permit when i am putting my all information. It says you are eligible for open work permit. So kindly advice, if it shows you are eligible, shall i give a try because i m facing issues with current owner. My PR application is under process, AOR May 1, 2020
If you are not eligible to apply for BOWP, on what basis are you eligible to change your WP. I didn't get your question.

Reactions: bijilbabu

bgurpreet106

Oct 18, 2020
If you are not eligible to apply for BOWP, on what basis are you eligible to change your WP. I didn't get your question.
Sorry,, I may not be able to explain properly,,
I am saying, when i open my IRCC account, and start an application of work permit, it ask some questions to determine the eligibility, right. So in those questions, i answered as per my current scenario that i am a principal applicant of pr application which have pass the R10 Check and currently on work permit valid till Nov. 2021.
So when I proceed with all information, it give the list of options of applications we can go for, in there it was showing you can apply open work permit.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry,, I may not be able to explain properly,,
I am saying, when i open my IRCC account, and start an application of work permit, it ask some questions to determine the eligibility, right. So in those questions, i answered as per my current scenario that i am a principal applicant of pr application which have pass the R10 Check and currently on work permit valid till Nov. 2021.
So when I proceed with all information, it give the list of options of applications we can go for, in there it was showing you can apply open work permit.
If it is based on your PR application and R10 passed, then it is BOWP, for which the eligibility conditions I shared with you. If your WP is not expiring within the next 4 months, then you are not eligible yet.

Reactions: bgurpreet106

bgurpreet106

Oct 18, 2020
You can start to apply for a open work permit 1 day till 4 months before your expiry date of your work permit. You are not eligible to apply now. It means that you can apply for work permit between July to end of September. If I were you, I wait for my PR result until September, and if you did not receive it by then, you must apply for it on September. On the day you applied for a open work permit, you will receive a message from IRCC, then you will have an implied status and you will be eligible to work in Canada at the day you applied.
Thanks for ur reply.. will do that..