+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Did you receive the document that confirms your new status in the 'messages about your application' section? I received COPR on Oct 13 (email notification and showing in account) but have not received the actual document or any portal messages!
Yes. I got my actual document.

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Just checked my account online, it was showing updated/read messages. Once I opened, all the information was exactly the same as before (provided below), so was it a ghost update?

My AOR is May 30th, 2020. CEC Inland.

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • July 20, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Let me know what do you guys think!

casac22

Aug 26, 2020
COPR is the proof of you being a PR, i.e. upon landing in Canada. The PR card is a travel document, but you do not have to wot for it and your COPR will be valid everywhere as a proof of your PR status in Canada.

1. Yes, you can apply for a mortgage. You don't even have to be a PR or citizen to apply for a mortgage. Even foreign nationals can apply for a mortgage if they qualify.

2. Your parents can visit you and you can invite them to visit and apply for their P & GP super visa or visitor's visa just with your COPR.

3. Yes, you do if you have landed or you were issued a visa while you were in Canada. Only applicants who are outside Canada and have received a COPR do not become a PR, until they land in Canada and are admitted.
Thank you so much for the info you shared, it makes sense and it is a big relief for me. I have last 3 questions to get rid of all question marks:

1) I don't know what validating COPR means but this says to validate COPR and border agency needs to sign and PR is finally granted? So, since they dont stamp due to Covid, will they sign and send it to me via mail so that I won't need to do anything? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/immigration-category-confirmation-permanent-residence-copr.html

2) I have been working in Canada and performing installations in US and we are in essential group and exempt from travel restrictions. So, this says(in section "group2 travelling from US") one can travel from US if both COPR and PRV is valid. However, IRCC doesn't issue PRV I guess due to Covid so will I not be able to enter as permanent resident? I was able to enter with Workpermit but I wouldn't want to enter like that since I am going to apply to mortgage as PR(has more advantages). Basically since they won't ask Passport I will have COPR without PRV as far as I know?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

I would be grateful if you can help @legalfalcon

ammar suhail

Oct 19, 2020
AOR March 7th

Current Status

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

Residing in US, anyone with same timeline? Have raised two webforms no response as yet.

Reactions: sm07

bijilbabu

Sep 19, 2019
Aor : May 22
Request : July 13

Got the precious call few moments ago, The lady over the phone asked where would I like to have the appointment and how much far am I ready to go, gave me option for Burnaby, Richmond, Abbotsford and Chilliwack. i said "wherever soonest appointment is available" and booked for Chilliwack tomorrow morning October 20th 10 AM

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
Just checked my account online, it was showing updated/read messages. Once I opened, all the information was exactly the same as before (provided below), so was it a ghost update?

My AOR is May 30th, 2020. CEC Inland.

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • July 20, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Let me know what do you guys think!
It was a glitch. There is gonna be a maintenance tmr to fix it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for the info you shared, it makes sense and it is a big relief for me. I have last 3 questions to get rid of all question marks:

1) I don't know what validating COPR means but this says to validate COPR and border agency needs to sign and PR is finally granted? So, since they dont stamp due to Covid, will they sign and send it to me via mail so that I won't need to do anything? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/immigration-category-confirmation-permanent-residence-copr.html

2) I have been working in Canada and performing installations in US and we are in essential group and exempt from travel restrictions. So, this says(in section "group2 travelling from US") one can travel from US if both COPR and PRV is valid. However, IRCC doesn't issue PRV I guess due to Covid so will I not be able to enter as permanent resident? I was able to enter with Workpermit but I wouldn't want to enter like that since I am going to apply to mortgage as PR(has more advantages). Basically since they won't ask Passport I will have COPR without PRV as far as I know?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

I would be grateful if you can help @legalfalcon

1. Pre COVID, IRCC would send the COPR by postal mail. Inland applicants had to either schedule an appointment at an inland IRCC office or visit the where the COPR would be stamped and validated. It would be as of the date of stamping that an applicant would become a PR. However, this has changed and now inland applicants receive the COPR by email and it is already validated, i.e. as soon as you get the COPR, you are in effect a PR as on the date of that email. If you are an outland applicant, you will get the PR, but it will be validated when you land in Canada and are admitted and the date will be entered on your COPR.

2. Are your form a visa exempt country? If you are then you won't need a PR visa. If you are not form a visa exempt country, you can still enter Canada via the land US border with your COPR and you won't need a PR visa. After you get your PRV validated, you will get your PR card in a few weeks and you can then use that when you travel between US - Canada.

casac22

Aug 26, 2020
1. Pre COVID, IRCC would send the COPR by postal mail. Inland applicants had to either schedule an appointment at an inland IRCC office or visit the where the COPR would be stamped and validated. It would be as of the date of stamping that an applicant would become a PR. However, this has changed and now inland applicants receive the COPR by email and it is already validated, i.e. as soon as you get the COPR, you are in effect a PR as on the date of that email. If you are an outland applicant, you will get the PR, but it will be validated when you land in Canada and are admitted and the date will be entered on your COPR.

2. Are your form a visa exempt country? If you are then you won't need a PR visa. If you are not form a visa exempt country, you can still enter Canada via the land US border with your COPR and you won't need a PR visa. After you get your PRV validated, you will get your PR card in a few weeks and you can then use that when you travel between US - Canada.
1) This is very valuable information which cannot be found easily on anywhere.
2) I am not from visa exempt country. You said I can enter to Canada from US border and wont need PR visa that sounds great. The only part I couldn't understand is you said "after you get your PRV validated", did you mean COPR validated? Also, will I need to wait for PR card to be able to enter to Canada from border even though I will be travelling for purpose of essential work(exempted group)?

Ps: If I can't enter as PR from US to Canada, then I will have to say "I have work permit and visa and I am essential group member", hope that doesn't change my status in Canada from PR to work permit holder...

Last edited:

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
If the web form states that your security is valid then it implies your Eligibility is conclusively passed as security only starts after Eligibility is conclusively passed. You can also request your Gcms Notes for free if inland.
Hi,
How can gcms notes be free for inland, can you please share?