Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,
How can gcms notes be free for inland, can you please share?
Certainly, quoting from https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free.

Who can make a request for free?

Any Canadian citizen, permanent resident or individual present in Canada has the right to access their personal information held by government institutions that are subject to the Privacy Act.

There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.
The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act, in which case a consent form will be required.

Checklist of what you will need

To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.

A consent form is NOT needed for a Privacy Act request since you are requesting your own information.

How-to

• Visit the official IRCC website at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do and follow the online instructions.
  • The process has 4 steps
    1. Requester Information (see details below)
    2. Act & Record Selection (see details below)
      1. Important. For the question "What type of information are you requesting?" Select "Privacy Act" to get your own information for free.
    3. Attach Documents
    4. Review and Validate

Requester Information
Department:
Eligibility: Family Name: Given Name(s) (First Name): Street Number: Street Name: Name of Business or Organization: Apt./Suite/Unit #: Post office box: City: Province/State: Country: Telephone Number: Fax Number: E-mail Address: Re-enter e-mail Address: Requesting information on your own behalf? Category of Requester: How would you prefer to receive requested records:

Act & Record Selection
What type of information are you requesting
: Language: Type of records do you wish to request: Family Name: Given Name(s) (First Name): Date of Birth: Client ID Number (UCI): Alias: Type of record would you like to request: Which specific information are you looking for: File Number:

Reactions: askele

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
1) This is very valuable information which cannot be found easily on anywhere.
2) I am not from visa exempt country. You said I can enter to Canada from US border and wont need PR visa that sounds great. The only part I couldn't understand is you said "after you get your PRV validated", did you mean COPR validated? Also, will I need to wait for PR card to be able to enter to Canada from border even though I will be travelling for purpose of essential work(exempted group)?

Ps: If I can't enter as PR from US to Canada, then I will have to say "I have work permit and visa and I am essential group member", hope that doesn't change my status in Canada from PR to work permit holder...

1 Thanks.

2. When you enter any country, you need a visa if you are not from a visa exempt country. However, when you receive the COPR, in the same email you may also get an authorisation letter to enter Canada without a visa. Some US residents have received such letters. However, if you do not get one then you can even enter with a work permit and at the port of entry show that you have a COPR and then become a PR after being admitted.

The PR card is generated and sent to your address on file after your COPR is validated, i.e. when you enter Canada and are admitted. When the COPR is validated, you become a PR and all other valid visas that you may have are cancelled. When you have to enter Canada again, you will need the PR card to enter. However, if you do not have a PR card, you can still enter Canada via US-Canada boded just with your COPR, but you have to do so in your own private vehicle. You cannot use a commercial vehicle to enter Canada without a PR card. If you are in a country outside Canada and have to return to Canada, an do not have a PR card you will need to apply for PRTD. However, if you are returning to Canada from the US, through a land border in your own vehicle, you can do so just with your COPR, but you will have to be sent to the secondary inspection when you arrive at the border.

Hope this helps!

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
AOR March 7th

Current Status

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

Residing in US, anyone with same timeline? Have raised two webforms no response as yet.
AOR May 20th - residing in US. Not received any update after RPRF request on August 2nd week.
Could you please share detail dates for your medical, biometric, eligibility and criminality?

Greddy

Sep 15, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

Have a few general questions, appreciate if you could answer

Is there a specific reason as to why PNP applicants are getting PPRs at large wheres express entry applicants are issued with a fewer PPRs.

As PPR's are being issued, does that mean the travel restrictions will be exempted in the next 2-3 months for people applying through permanent residency.

I am May 2020 AOR, express entry applicant through FSW and when I asked my consultant whether there is a chance that i could get the PPR by around november or december, she said that won't happen and it will get delayed further than that..

So I am just confused and wondering whether there is hope in the next few months..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Have a few general questions, appreciate if you could answer

Is there a specific reason as to why PNP applicants are getting PPRs at large wheres express entry applicants are issued with a fewer PPRs.

As PPR's are being issued, does that mean the travel restrictions will be exempted in the next 2-3 months for people applying through permanent residency.

I am May 2020 AOR, express entry applicant through FSW and when I asked my consultant whether there is a chance that i could get the PPR by around november or december, she said that won't happen and it will get delayed further than that..

So I am just confused and wondering whether there is hope in the next few months..

It all depends on the processing priority as to what applications are getting approved.

Travel restrictions are the sole prerogative of Health Canada, it has got nothing to do with the application processing and PPRs.

You have not even crosses 6 months. As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Reactions: Greddy

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
It all depends on the processing priority as to what applications are getting approved.

Travel restrictions are the sole prerogative of Health Canada, it has got nothing to do with the application processing and PPRs.

You have not even crosses 6 months. As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
All Programs558
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
Hi @legalfalcon so according to the IRCC agent my profile is complete and she said PR approved, however, the file needs to be finalized.

So, could I say from this point getting PR is almost sure and when the final decision made usually? I have found out this info first week of october and still nothing..

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon so according to the IRCC agent my profile is complete and she said PR approved, however, the file needs to be finalized.

So, could I say from this point getting PR is almost sure and when the final decision made usually? I have found out this info first week of october and still nothing..
are you FSW-O applicant? What is about your AOR, Medical Passed and BIL date? Please share details

Greddy

Sep 15, 2020

Program201720182019
All Programs558

Thank you for the valuable information @legalfalcon. Highly appreciate it!!

Reactions: legalfalcon

casac22

Aug 26, 2020
1 Thanks.

2. When you enter any country, you need a visa if you are not from a visa exempt country. However, when you receive the COPR, in the same email you may also get an authorisation letter to enter Canada without a visa. Some US residents have received such letters. However, if you do not get one then you can even enter with a work permit and at the port of entry show that you have a COPR and then become a PR after being admitted.

The PR card is generated and sent to your address on file after your COPR is validated, i.e. when you enter Canada and are admitted. When the COPR is validated, you become a PR and all other valid visas that you may have are cancelled. When you have to enter Canada again, you will need the PR card to enter. However, if you do not have a PR card, you can still enter Canada via US-Canada boded just with your COPR, but you have to do so in your own private vehicle. You cannot use a commercial vehicle to enter Canada without a PR card. If you are in a country outside Canada and have to return to Canada, an do not have a PR card you will need to apply for PRTD. However, if you are returning to Canada from the US, through a land border in your own vehicle, you can do so just with your COPR, but you will have to be sent to the secondary inspection when you arrive at the border.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, actually you cleared all the questions in my mind. Since I will be travelling with a private vehicle then I will be good with COPR only. Btw, I got GCMS notes and everything is passed but criminality(bio given yesterday) and info sharing is in progress. I tried to look at info sharing on GCMS notes and it says biography is done but biometrics is not started, so how long should I expect to receive COPR do you think?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much, actually you cleared all the questions in my mind. Since I will be travelling with a private vehicle then I will be good with COPR only. Btw, I got GCMS notes and everything is passed but criminality(bio given yesterday) and info sharing is in progress. I tried to look at info sharing on GCMS notes and it says biography is done but biometrics is not started, so how long should I expect to receive COPR do you think?
I can't give you a time frame as that is speculation. All looks good in your GCMS notes, so you need not worry. Once your biometrics are on your file your criminality will be passed and you should being getting the COPR soon.

Info sharing is fairly quick, and does not take much time.

Reactions: casac22

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I got the below response for a webform that I raised on October 8th inquiring about the status of my application.
  • Your application currently meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
In your experience, does this mean that my eligibility is passed ? I have also requested my 2nd set of GCMS notes and currently awaiting them. but I just need to know if there's anything to worry about at this point ? AOR is May 16th, FSW-O.

Many thanks in advance !