Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I dont see anyone update that their biometrics require is cancel. Where do you get the info from?
If you browse the forums, you'll see some people are saying they can see "completed" on their mycic profile in front of biometrics.

casac22

Aug 26, 2020
Guys, an important question for me is how can I make sure I submitted biometrics before? I am not sure if I did but I came from Turkey to Canada with study permit in 2017 and I remember I gave biometric photo 100% but I dont remember biometric fingerprint. Are they given at the sametime? I looked at the biometric tool on Canada's website but it doesnt find my biometric info.

Ps: I would appreciate the person who can answer to my question since I couldnt be sure

Dean Wang

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Guys, an important question for me is how can I make sure I submitted biometrics before? I am not sure if I did but I came from Turkey to Canada with study permit in 2017 and I remember I gave biometric photo 100% but I dont remember biometric fingerprint. Are they given at the sametime? I looked at the biometric tool on Canada's website but it doesnt find my biometric info.
Can CIC agent.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
It became mandatory only in Jan 2019 for all countries. For some countries, it was mandatory a littler before that, but not for all. For example, I came in 2015 from a country for which biometrics were not mandatory at that time. So I have never given biometrics till date. The photo you are referring to is probably the one that you upload while applying for a study permit.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020

Ps: I would appreciate the person who can answer to my question since I couldnt be sure
You would see previous biometrics details under the Applicant information section.
Biometrics Number -
Date of biometrics -
Expiry Date -

Reactions: casac22

casac22

Aug 26, 2020
You would see previous biometrics details under the Applicant information section.
Biometrics Number -
Date of biometrics -
Expiry Date -
Thats what I guessed, unfortunately I became happy early then. Seems like I will need to give :(

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
If we read the IRCC notice which is out today, they have not mentioned anything about refund but previously they had mentioned about the refund for biometrics exemption for temporary work visa.... even i am not thinking about refund.. whether they will do it or no... but this step helps a lot to reduce the volume of traffic for pending biometrics.. which is good!!
As I said, I don't care about the money but the refund would be a good signal that they won't revert this policy again before our applications are finalized.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Any guess guys how many applicants can be removed from biometric call list in this case. I think all people giving biometric for all apllication since Nov 2019. But citizen from some countries required to give biometrics a long before. I hope atleast 50 % is removed from the list.

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Any guess guys how many applicants can be removed from biometric call list in this case. I think all people giving biometric for all apllication since Nov 2019. But citizen from some countries required to give biometrics a long before. I hope atleast 50 % is removed from the list.
I believe almost 90% of the CEC candidates have had the biometrics done in the past 10 years prior coming to Canada, so yes a good chunck will be removed from the list.

casac22

Aug 26, 2020
I believe almost 90% of the CEC candidates have had the biometrics done in the past 10 years prior coming to Canada, so yes a good chunck will be removed from the list.
I hope, but this is very optimistic belief. I wouldn't be surprised if that covers 30-40% since many countries didn't require for long time. We can see as people notify when they get call.

Ps: The number that we will receive a call be either private or start with 888 I guess, right? Nowadays, I am receiving lots of fake/scam calls from local numbers so I don't want to hangup when IRCC is calling...

luizportela

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I hope, but this is very optimistic belief. I wouldn't be surprised if that covers 30-40% since many countries didn't require for long time. We can see as people notify when they get call.

Ps: The number that we will receive a call be either private or start with 888 I guess, right? Nowadays, I am receiving lots of fake/scam calls from local numbers so I don't want to hangup when IRCC is calling...
Agree with you, I'm pretty sure the percentage of people who need to give biometrics is bigger.

Would be nice if everyone that put the name in the spreadsheet add also the information about the biometric exemption, with that we can have some idea of what the percentage would be.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GSNBhzTJpURznhFGKUjvWfqtvbSktSsczs1f8TrcrrE/edit#gid=0