+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hey everyone!

Sharing my application progress (FSW - Outland):
AOR - 12th May
Biometrics submitted - 18th august and then the same day I received an email to submit additional documents ( RPRF ). Paid it on the 18th.
Currently
MEP 16th July
Additional documents - Not applicable
Background check - Ghost update: Your application is in progress. We will send... when we start your background check.

Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone here!
Similar situation as this. Same thing with GU happened to me when I submitted my Biometrics last week (Aug 12).

Jaynimz

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
What’s your Aor
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that:

• The eligibility verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
What is this means?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi ..I have received a mail today :

Date: August 20, 2020
UCI:XXXXXXXX
ApplicationXXXXXX

Dear MY NAME,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:Biometrics
Please periodically monitor the following link for updates and complete biometrics once it is safe to do so in your area:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Please note if you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid.

We invite to visit our website to get the most up-to-date information onhow the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.htm

Thanks

I need to know if anyone received the same letter ...Is it a bio metric letter or RCMP? I did not give biometric because of service canada.
My AOR is 8 May 2020 CEC Inland. BIL letter received and Medical passed : 30 Jun 2020. Series of ghost updates : 30th and 31 July 2020.
@legalfalcon, @caipsnotes Can you please help me understand what it is ...Is it RCMP? I am confused.What needs to be do from my end.

Thank you so much in advance.
See that there is some conflict with a BIL you previously received, best bet is to reach out to IRCC for clarification.

• Sad
Reactions: asdfghj

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Canadian Experience Class.

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid
  • This is the reply I got for my webform last week anyone know how's the Ottawa VO are they fast in processing
Ottawa VO is probably the fastest (rather was Pre-COVID)

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
GCMS notes has the detailed info of your file right from the day you first created your EE profile and all the processing taking place behind on your file will be pulled out onto this GCMS notes...For clear idea and to cross check the info provided by an IRCC agent about your file GCMS notes helps you a lot especially to know at what stage is your file processing...I dont have the link handy but i did mine by googling it and you can go through the steps or else there are threads here even in this thread i have seen in the comments ppl posting the link to request for GCMs..

Coming GU it is Ghost Update which is a sign of progress on your application that it is moved to next stage or level of processing after BIL and MED update...it looks like you will either recieve an email that there is an update or when u login on your profile.page you will see that the application/profile updated but when u click on your application it wont show any updates thats called Ghost update like Ghost you dont see anything...

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I did not receive such email. Anyway, I made a new account and linked my application to it.
it is mentioned on the IRCC Website saying, "A recent cyberattack has affected a small number of IRCC accounts accessed through GCKey. We locked these accounts to protect them from unauthorized access. We sent an email to affected users to explain what to do next. "

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
See that there is some conflict with a BIL you previously received, best bet is to reach out to IRCC for clarification.
The thing is its not bill letter its just information letter. Only 3 points in the letter 1. They need biometric 2.They mentioned whenever safe I can do 3.Refer their website. I mean it does not have any bar code or something more.I will try to call them. I am just concerned : If anything needs to be done from my end.
And the strange point is it says thank you for contacting IRCC. I have not contacted IRCC since 9th Aug : When I raised GCMS (Still waiting)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
The thing is its not bill letter its just information letter. Only 3 points in the letter 1. They need biometric 2.They mentioned whenever safe I can do 3.Refer their website. I mean it does not have any bar code or something more.I will try to call them. I am just concerned : If anything needs to be done from my end.
And the strange point is it says thank you for contacting IRCC. I have not contacted IRCC since 9th Aug : When I raised GCMS (Still waiting)
Hi, If you are concerned about the authenticity of the information then make a copy of it and reach out to IRCC and check if it did indeed come from them and what was the purpose of sending it.

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hi, If you are concerned about the authenticity of the information then make a copy of it and reach out to IRCC and check if it did indeed come from them and what was the purpose of sending it.
Actually someone from March AOR also got the Information letter. I will try to call them.

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday. (AOR May 4, PNP-Inland).

The Case Processing Agent requests a review from the officer for my eligibility. (A 11.2, R75, R76). Interestingly, below, there are the results of his/her evaluation, and it seems that I exceeded the threshold for both FWS and CRS. As written in this forum before, maybe the review of the PNP applications are conducted more in-depth. However, the agent calculated my work experience less than I figured, but I am still way above the threshold. The only problem was the misinterpretation of my funds, which I will clarify with additional documents that I am going to submit through the webform.

My questions to seniors:

1. Do I need to send more information regarding my points, CRS calculation, and explanation of the work history to address A11.2, R75, R76 alongside the clarification of the settlement funds?
2. How often can we raise ATIP GCMS to track the developments? (Any potential issues for that)
3.Anything else you would recommend?

OMK2810

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi , I received an email to submit Schedule A document and the timeline is 7 days to submit it . I already provided correct details while submitting my PR application .Does any one received ? Not sure on what basis they sent me request to submit Schedule A . Based on this request , can anyone provide me the information about my application status ?Any guess ? My AOR May 17th and MEP,BIL is July 7th .

Jan 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

CEC Inland
AOR - May 30
BIL - July 22
MEP - July 22

Previously when I logged into my account and looked at my PR application it would say ' Your action is required'. I assume that this is because I was waiting to collect my biometrics.

Today, I logged on and saw that instead of 'Your action is required' it says 'Submitted'.
The same thing happened with my bridging open work permit a few weeks / a month (ish) ago.
I'm hoping this is not just a glitch in the system and that the biometrics are being waived for PR too!!

I'll keep you all updated. Wishing all the best for everyone's applications!

Last edited:
Reactions: ya222 and Brar2698

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi Everyone,

CEC Inland
AOR - May 30
BIL - July 22
MEP - July 22

Previously when I logged into my account and looked at my PR application it would say ' Your action is required'. I assume that this is because I was waiting to collect my biometrics.

Today, I logged on and saw that instead of 'Your action is required' it says 'Submitted'.
The same thing happened with my bridging open work permit a few weeks / a month (ish) ago.
I'm hoping this is not just a glitch in the system and that the biometrics are being waived for PR too!!

I'll keep you all updated. Wishing all the best for everyone's applications!
I think it may be because your 30 days for BIL expired, and by default since they are not rejecting, it maybe doing that. Please do update if they waive off biometrics. Good luck

Reactions: internationalnurse