+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
@andy108 : I have requested GCMS notes under the Privacy Act, although I am a CEC inland applicant under POST GRADUATION - Open Work Permit. I don't know how can I prove to them that I am an Individual present in Canada? Is it ok if I reply to the email with Open Permit copy & Employment letter to prove that I am already inside Canada? Below is the response I got today from IRCC.

Please need your expertise, please comment on this.

Thanks a lot!

Dear XXXX XXXX ;

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on July 30, 2020, for the following records:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXX, XXXXXXX.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

(1) According to our records and the information provided in your request, we cannot confirm that you are eligible to submit a request under the Privacy Act, which requires that you be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual present in Canada.

In order for us to process your request, we require that you provide the information requested in ONE of the two options below:

a) If you are eligible to submit a request please provide a proof of your eligibility (i.e. copy of a Canadian passport, permanent resident card or proof that you are an individual or corporation present in Canada); OR

b) If you are not eligible to submit a request or unable to provide proof of your eligibility, please designate an individual who has right of access as your representative in order for us to process your request under the Access to information Act. In such case, we require that you provide all of the following information:

- The complete name and contact information (email and mailing addresses) of your representative.- A proof that he/she has the right of access (i.e. valid temporary residence status document, permanent residence card, citizenship card, copy of a stamped passport, copy of a Canadian passport)

- Your written consent authorizing him/her to receive your personal information.For your convenience, here is the new ATIP consent form:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp- A $5.00 application fee.Payment may be made by cheque or money order made payable to the RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA, or by credit card using the online payment service: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If paying online, you must send us a copy of the payment receipt. If paying by cheque or money order you must send us a copy of this letter with your payment.

(2) Please confirm if your request is limited to XXXXX, XXXXXXXfiles, or if you are also seeking information pertaining to other individuals. If so, we require the following information for each individual:

- Complete name and date of birth

- Requested record(s) and associated UCI(s) and file number(s)

- A consent form authorizing you to receive their information

For your convenience, here is the ATIP consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by September 4, 2020, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Last edited:

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Yep, my status changed to submitted on August 14th. But my ADR (family info form) still says it is being reviewed
Ok.. give a call to IRCC next week around.. to check the status of eligibility, security , criminal..... mostly based on the current timeline there should be some progress in eligibility and security..
what i have seen is - Ppl get their document reviewed completed and then when called IRCC , they heard some progress in file..like eligibility passed and all..

Reactions: mlj1992

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Inland PNP May 15. Webform said:
  • Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Etobicoke, Ontario.
  • The eligibility verification as not been initiated.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Why everything is in process while eligibility review has not been initiated? Weird. I think eligibility should be first step, doesn't it? Can anyone enlighten me on this?

prisonmike

Dec 9, 2019
AOR - May15th (FSW-Outland)
Medical Passed - July 16th
Biometrics Request - July 16th
Biometrics Completed - July 27th
Last status - Biometrics completed.

Not sure how long after biometrics we expect to see an update.

Reactions: Sandhu8857

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Got my GCMS notes
Eligibility and security = not started
Criminality = in progress
Info sharing = complete

What is meaning of info sharing complete?
There is another word obsolete?

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Inland PNP May 15. Webform said:
  • Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Etobicoke, Ontario.
  • The eligibility verification as not been initiated.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Why everything is in process while eligibility review has not been initiated? Weird. I think eligibility should be first step, doesn't it? Can anyone enlighten me on this?
My criminal background check is in process but my eligibility and background checks are not initiated yet. My AOR is May 25. It is strange! Maybe we have the same visa office and they are processing them differently to Ottawa or other offices? I haven’t asked where my visa office is, but I live in Toronto so Etobicoke is likely where mine is sitting if it’s based on location.

Cccchloe

Aug 19, 2020
Hi, how did you guys submit the webform and successfully got the response? I see on that webpage that "We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Since we are still in the 6 months, I assume IRCC won't reply us, or maybe you guys mentioned something important in the "enquiry" blank? Please correct me from wrong, thx.

pri91

Feb 14, 2020
AOR - May15th (FSW-Outland)
Medical Passed - July 16th
Biometrics Request - July 16th
Biometrics Completed - July 27th
Last status - Biometrics completed.

Not sure how long after biometrics we expect to see an update.
Hi do you mean that you have Submitted the biometrics. Which country or state you belong?.. As the Canada offices in India are still closed

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi, how did you guys submit the webform and successfully got the response? I see on that webpage that "We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Since we are still in the 6 months, I assume IRCC won't reply us, or maybe you guys mentioned something important in the "enquiry" blank? Please correct me from wrong, thx.
This is what I wrote in the webform:

“To whom it may concern, I was wondering if you can give me a more specific update on the status of my PR application. I am specifically wanting to know whether the eligibility has been started, and if so, whether it is still under review, has been recommended passed or is fully passed. Can you also tell me the current status of the background and security checks? Thank you so much.”

Still had a response even though I’m within the 6 month processing time.

Reactions: Cccchloe