+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Question: is it early to raise webform and ask the status of our application?
Our AOR: May 18, FSW outland.

We provided everything including our medical and police clearance but no update so far.
Wait untill friday, you will get some updates.
moreover ircc doesn’t charge for webform, if i was you, i would have raised it to check the update..

whalobuddy

Apr 22, 2020
No need for biometrics anymore for temporary residence inland applicants, but still need biometrics for permanent resident applications tough.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#temporary-canada.

It will probably help reduce the backlog when the service Canada opens.
I don't see any info regarding biometrics exemption for temporary residence inland applicants from the link provided. Can you please confirm? Thanks!

luizportela

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I don't see any info regarding biometrics exemption for temporary residence inland applicants from the link provided. Can you please confirm? Thanks!
You are right, unfortunately, they removed the info tonight, it had even the info saying that the biometric fee would be refunded.

let's wait for news tomorrow, or not.

Last edited:

sauravsharma

May 14, 2016
AOR-10th May-Outland
My application got updated today, no email was sent.
UCI number changed from alpha numeric to numeric.
Progress bar is available, which shows 36% complete now with 17 weeks still to go.(est time of completion is NOV 2020). WOW. I already submitted the medical, however no updates either.

What are the next setp guys? BIometrics right?

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
AOR-10th May-Outland
My application got updated today, no email was sent.
UCI number changed from alpha numeric to numeric.
Progress bar is available, which shows 36% complete now with 17 weeks still to go.(est time of completion is NOV 2020). WOW. I already submitted the medical, however no updates either.

What are the next setp guys? BIometrics right?
Yes.
You are likely to get a mail in few days time? Are you CEC or FSW?

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
Hello,
My AOR is 22 May 2020. I received the biometrics letter on July 13, 2020 but can't give biometrics since all locations for that in Canada are closed.
However, when I received the biometrics letter, I noticed that my medical status did not change. It still says You do not need a medical exam.

As far as I've seen, aren't both these things supposed to happen at the same time? Please correct me if I've got it wrong

Thanks!

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
AOR May 25th, CEC Inland.
Just got my Biometrics letter (July 15th) and I now see a progress bar at 28% completion. Estimated completion date is Nov 25th. However, my medical has not changed and still says ‘you do not need a medical exam’. Hopefully this updates soon!

Reactions: Sk_89

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
AOR May 25th, CEC Inland.
Just got my Biometrics letter (July 15th) and I now see a progress bar at 28% completion. Estimated completion date is Nov 25th. However, my medical has not changed and still says ‘you do not need a medical exam’. Hopefully this updates soon!
Update: my medical has now passed! I also got a request to fill out a family information form. They have given me 7 days to complete it and upload to my profile. Is this normal? Has anyone else been asked to complete this form?

Sk_89

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Update: my medical has now passed! I also got a request to fill out a family information form. They have given me 7 days to complete it and upload to my profile. Is this normal? Has anyone else been asked to complete this form?
Seems normal. I would say it's positive that they have been asking for incomplete information to fill.

Sk_89

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
By the way, is there any place to attach the family information form on your account? Or would you send it through Webform?

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Seems normal. I would say it's positive that they have been asking for incomplete information to fill.
Ok, thats good. It’s not incomplete info really because I was never asked for this info in the first place. It’s an additional family info form, so it’s including my siblings and step siblings. Presumably for background checks or something?

Reactions: Sk_89