+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
I just checked and my application is now showing as approved!! I was told the final decision had been made on March 15th by the agent on the phone, so it took 5 days for the approval to show in my account.
I can see the COPR document number but no actual document just yet.
AOR May 25th, CEC inland. Will post my full timeline once I get the COPR!
Congrats

Reactions: mlj1992

mohitbha

Apr 10, 2020
There is no expiry date of a COPR. CORP is NOT a travel document. The date on the cOPR simply means that before that date you have to enter Canada and be admitted as a PR. If you are an inland applicant, you will be sent a COPR which is signed and stamped, and effective that date you become a PR.

The COPR will be your proof of PR status in Canada for life or until you hold it.

Since you cannot enter Canada with only a COPR, you will have to have a PR card or apply for a PRTD if you do not have a PR card.
Thank You soo much @legalfalcon for this information. By going over the last few posts it seems many of us are in same situation where COPR document number has been updated on the profile but we have not received the actual document yet. Can you please let us know, for inland applications: -
- by when can we expect to receive the actual document?
- will it be received on the personal email given for communication or on the profile?
- once the document is received, how can we apply for PR card?
- what other steps needs to be taken after receiving the document for inland applicants. Like SIN number OR Health Card update?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank You soo much @legalfalcon for this information. By going over the last few posts it seems many of us are in same situation where COPR document number has been updated on the profile but we have not received the actual document yet. Can you please let us know, for inland applications: -
- by when can we expect to receive the actual document?
- will it be received on the personal email given for communication or on the profile?
- once the document is received, how can we apply for PR card?
- what other steps needs to be taken after receiving the document for inland applicants. Like SIN number OR Health Card update?

If you see a COPR number in your MyCIC account, then usually within 1-3 weeks you should get an email with COPR. It can take longer in some cases as IRCC has to verify that you are physically in Canada before a COPR can be issued to you by email. In some Cases IRCC may send you an email confirming that you are in Canada. Also, if your dependents are not in Canada, then they will have to be send a PPR email to submit their passports around the same time you receive the COPR.

The instructions for the PR card, i.e. where to send your picture will be in the email.

All you have to do is update your SIN. for most provinces, when your health are expires, you can get it renewed by showing the PR card / COPR, you do not need to anything immediately. But check with the provinces you are in.

madhu_6021

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2020
If you see a COPR number in your MyCIC account, then usually within 1-3 weeks you should get an email with COPR. It can take longer in some cases as IRCC has to verify that you are physically in Canada before a COPR can be issued to you by email. In some Cases IRCC may send you an email confirming that you are in Canada. Also, if your dependents are not in Canada, then they will have to be send a PPR email to submit their passports around the same time you receive the COPR.

The instructions for the PR card, i.e. where to send your picture will be in the email.

All you have to do is update your SIN. for most provinces, when your health are expires, you can get it renewed by showing the PR card / COPR, you do not need to anything immediately. But check with the provinces you are in.
Thanks for this information @legalfalcon . To update SIN, do I need to wait for the COPR email or just the document number in the portal update is enough?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: madhu_6021

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Same here. May 12th, FSW-O

mohitbha

Apr 10, 2020

Thank You soo much for the information!!.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Any May AOR still waiting for all stages to be passed? Seems most have passed all. May 16 here still waiting on Security

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
I called IRCC about 2 weeks ago and was told my criminality was still in progress, security not started.

Logged into my account on Friday night and had a ghost update.

CEC Inland with 1 dependant, AOR May 28, 2020

yykks

Dec 10, 2020

Hi,Legalfalcon, do you mean that only applicant in Canada will receive COPR ? for outland applications they were put on hold even all stages passed? thank you for clarification.