+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

okirazli

Star Member
Dec 4, 2019
Status updated on CIC - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.

You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 17 and 23, 2020
?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Didn't hear anyone getting COPR when they mentioned May 9-16 ??
well, I guess I have a complex application. Cec May 16

Sidd_Sanghvi

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Category........
CEC
What is a complex permanent residence application?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer than normal processing times to process your application.
Your application may be more complex if:
  • the contact information on file (address, telephone, email) is outdated and we can’t contact you or a family member
  • we requested more documents and they weren’t submitted on time, or at all
  • your dependant(s) turned 18 since you applied
  • you added dependant(s) to your application since you applied
  • your dependant(s) got married and/or had children of their own since you applied
  • you provided legal documents to confirm a change to your marital status, or about child custody
  • you or your family member were asked to resubmit a medical exam because one expired (exams for every person must all be valid at the same time)
  • you or a family member were asked to appear for an interview
  • you or a family member might not be eligible
  • background checks are still in progress for you or your family members

My background check is in progress (Criminality in Progress & Security not started); so I guess even though I am 19th May AOR, mine is complex application & will take them longer to process.
Am I getting this right?

Reactions: ForUs2020

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
If your application is complex, it may take us longer than normal processing times to process your application.
  • the contact information on file (address, telephone, email) is outdated and we can’t contact you or a family member
  • your dependant(s) got married and/or had children of their own since you applied
  • you provided legal documents to confirm a change to your marital status, or about child custody
  • you or your family member were asked to resubmit a medical exam because one expired (exams for every person must all be valid at the same time)

My background check is in progress (Criminality in Progress & Security not started); so I guess even though I am 19th May AOR, mine is complex application & will take them longer to process.
Am I getting this right?
Looks like that as we didn’t see up to 3 or 4 AOR May 10-16 approved

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020

Am I getting this right?
This background check line is so ambiguous. They just generalized the pending May AOR applications as "complex", as most of us are waiting on Background checks. Haven't seen much approvals since their last update on March 2nd. Let's see how it goes. I would love a miracle that can end this long wait.

Reactions: Sidd_Sanghvi

bachchan

Apr 17, 2020
Why do I have 3 different secondary offices in my GCMS notes?
On the 1st page:
Secondary office: Centralized intake office

+ list of 3 different offices on page 2-3

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I guess AORs of 1 week are processed in a week and then moving on to the next set by week. Below was the update on March 2:

Canadian Experience Class applications:
May 10 and 16, 2020
Starting to wonder how accurate that timeline is. Maybe it's just programmed to automatically add 1 week each time. Seems too convenient to me.

Blondebirdy

Oct 31, 2020
Status updated on CIC - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.

You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

May 17 and 23, 2020
?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Didn't hear anyone getting COPR when they mentioned May 9-16 ??
Haha I’m may 15th called for an update was told this is incorrect it means that why have finalized some applications. Mine still hasn’t been touched since November. Elegibilty passed, criminality in progress security not started

Reactions: Seudo