+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

luizportela

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Its very frustrating. In 2020, they couldnt hire a good IT team to develop a streamlined infrastructure. At this point, i am having mental breakdown.
It seems like the process of creating a PDF File after the application is approved it's not connected with the backend systems.

Afi365

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
No, but my AOR is the same as you. I didn't receive it. Anythings change for you?
Nothing that I can understand from the profile. I called them today and they said it is the same. Criminality in progress and security not started. The lady said that my biometric needs to be validated and added to the profile then my criminality will be passed but my biometric shows completed from October 20th.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your suggestion. @legalfalcon Do you think this is a necessary step for me?
An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Members of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:
Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

There is no bar on how many times you can ask. It all depends on whether your MP will do it for you if you have already done it in the past.

Also, the average processing times for all application have gone up.

As per IRCC's 2019 annual report the avg. processing time for FSW was 9 months and CEC was 7 months. And this was pre-COVID.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Is there anyone still waiting for PR planning to travel during christmas break of work? I need to do urgent travel

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Nothing that I can understand from the profile. I called them today and they said it is the same. Criminality in progress and security not started. The lady said that my biometric needs to be validated and added to the profile then my criminality will be passed but my biometric shows completed from October 20th.
Dl

Did you recieve biometric refund?