Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

I have my ITA via Ontario PNP
My AOR is June 06 and I haven't passed medicals since IRCC is working with mid May .However, my question is
my background says “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information“. is that normal?

Thanks,
That is the standard status message for everyone. It will change 2 times during the processing of your application!

Reactions: Julaika01

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
@legalfalcon I am currently on ICT WP and applied for PR and PR application is in-progress. My ICT WP expires on Dec-2020 and my company would like to give WP extension. Is it Ok to process ICT WP Extension or it has to be BOWP only while PR in-progress?
Please let me know, if going for ICT WP Extension wouldn't affect my PR application.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Hello All,

I am applying for EE PR from Australia, here is my timeline so far:
AOR: May 2nd
Medical passed: July 13th
Biometrics Collection Letter: July 13th
Completion status: 40%

I have an appointment to give my biometrics in a couple of days (still opened here).

According to this, do you think my application is still on schedule and that I can reasonably expect to get my PR as planned in early November ?

Also, I am wondering: I could not provide one Police Check out of the 7 we had to get for my partner and I (one of our Spanish ones). I explained in the LoE that we did everything we could to get it(pre-COVID) with all the proofs we could gather attached, but although I received mine, my partner's police check never arrived, and explained that due to COVID it was now impossible to get information from Spain about it.
Do you think they will/have processed my application without this police check ? Or are they just waiting for 90 days to get it from us, and then 90 more ? If so, would they notify us ?
Trying to get this Spanish police check is such a pain that I would rather not have to do it again, but I do not know if the fact that they ask biometrics could mean that they accepted my application as is, or if it is unrelated ?

Ah and I had an other question (sorry!), more general this time: Is the speed of processing an application proportional to its strength ? I mean that if you have the best profile possible, is it likely that your application will be approved quicker than another application that has just the bare minimum ? I am curious :)

Thanks for your help !

Last edited:

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Just a quick question: I applied for my TRV extension on march 18, 2020 but still didn't receive any update on the application, I later on received my AOR under CEC on May 30th, 2020 and applied for BOWP on June 17th, 2020. Waiting for updates on all my applications! Is this normal due to the Covid-19?

Looking forward to some expert guidance!

Thanks.

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on May 8, 2020.
· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
o you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
· The security background verification has not been initiated.
· The criminal background verification is in process.
Furthermore, all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

AasthaKh

Jun 10, 2020
Aor 21st May
Biometric request- 10th july
ADR- IMM5475 submitted in 13th july
Medical passed- 14th july
Spouse accompanying
OINP-Outland
CRS- 460+600- 1067

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on May 8, 2020.
· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
o you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
· The security background verification has not been initiated.
· The criminal background verification is in process.
Furthermore, all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Didnt you recieved MED update yet? It doesnt show in the notes..i called IRCC today and they said my application didnt have any progress from the last time i got update which is jul6th for med and BIL...AOR may14th

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Didnt you recieved MED update yet? It doesnt show in the notes..i called IRCC today and they said my application didnt have any progress from the last time i got update which is jul6th for med and BIL...AOR may14th
It had been already passed on 30th Jun

Mbains

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
AoR - 27th May 2020 ( inland )
Medical passed - 15th July 2020
Got biometerics right away, so waiting for service Canada to open the services for biometerics

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
How do we know if eligibility is passed. Got BIL letter and medical passed.
After Eligibility is passed, your security will start. Usually eligibility is passed by 4-5 months post AOR. However, with the recent delays in processing, it may take longer.

You can know the processing details by

1. Sending a webform and asking specifically about eligibility, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
2. Calling IRCC and finding out
3. Request GCMS notes. Should ideally be requested only after 4 months or processing post AoR.

To read on how an application is processed, see https://bit.ly/2ZvaUDM

Reactions: asdfghj

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
AOR May 25th, CEC Inland.
Just got my Biometrics letter (July 15th) and I now see a progress bar at 28% completion. Estimated completion date is Nov 25th. However, my medical has not changed and still says ‘you do not need a medical exam’. Hopefully this updates soon!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
AOR May 25th, CEC Inland.
Just got my Biometrics letter (July 15th) and I now see a progress bar at 28% completion. Estimated completion date is Nov 25th. However, my medical has not changed and still says ‘you do not need a medical exam’. Hopefully this updates soon!
Don't put too much reliance on the progress bar, it just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted. Request your GCMS file instead and since you are inland you can request it for free.

Reactions: mlj1992

muralidhar

Apr 5, 2016
Hello All,

My AOR date is 23rd of May, CEC Inland applicant

Still didn't receive my Biometrics, what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: