+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>MAY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Don't put too much reliance on the progress bar, it just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted. Request your GCMS file instead and since you are inland you can request it for free.
Update: my medical has now passed! I also got a request to fill out an ‘additional family information’ form. They have given me 7 days to complete it and upload to my profile. Is this normal? Has anyone else been asked to complete this form?

Last edited:

sauravsharma

May 14, 2016
Update: my medical has now passed! I also got a request to fill out an ‘additional family information’ form. They have given me 7 days to complete it and upload to my profile. Is this normal? Has anyone else been asked to complete this form?
yes, i got the same, submitted the form today.

Reactions: mlj1992

LittleRain

Jan 8, 2020
AoR - 26th May 2020 ( CEC inland )
Medical passed and got biometrics letter - 14th July 2020
Waiting for service Canada to open the services

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Just a quick question: I applied for my TRV extension on march 18, 2020 but still didn't receive any update on the application, I later on received my AOR under CEC on May 30th, 2020 and applied for BOWP on June 17th, 2020. Waiting for updates on all my applications! Is this normal due to the Covid-19
Looking forward to some expert guidance!

Thanks.
UPDATE: I checked my account online and I can see July 14 beside review of additional documents and the rest are exactly the same for my CEC application (AOR 30th May), do I need to worry about anything? Any suggestions from anyone?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
UPDATE: I checked my account online and I can see July 14 beside review of additional documents and the rest are exactly the same for my CEC application (AOR 30th May), do I need to worry about anything? Any suggestions from anyone?
Online account is not always helpful. Did you request your GCMS notes, if inland you can request for free

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
@legalfalcon I am currently on ICT WP and applied for PR and PR application is in-progress. My ICT WP expires on Dec-2020 and my company would like to give WP extension. Is it Ok to process ICT WP Extension or it has to be BOWP only while PR in-progress?
Please let me know, if going for ICT WP Extension wouldn't affect my PR application.

Thanks in advance.
@legalfalcon can you please clarify my doubt?
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you please clarify my doubt?
Thank you
You can opt for any one. However, BOWP will be more beneficial since it will be an open work permit allowing you to work for any employer.

The WP applications are processed their own merit and have no impact on the processing of your PR application. However, for BOWP, your PR application should have crossed R10 (completeness check).

To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Reactions: jpshya

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
You can opt for any one. However, BOWP will be more beneficial since it will be an open work permit allowing you to work for any employer.

The WP applications are processed their own merit and have no impact on the processing of your PR application. However, for BOWP, your PR application should have crossed R10 (completeness check).

To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Thanks @legalfalcon. Since my employer for ICT WP and employer of job offer in my PR application are same, i don't have any intention immediately to work with other employer. I will proceed with ICT WP Extension as we can opt any one. Thanks once again.

prisonmike

Dec 9, 2019
FSW Outland Applicant

E-APR AOR-May 15th, 2020
Medicals Passed - July 16th, 2020
Biometrics Request - July 16th, 2020

Current Application Status - Action Required ("We need your fingerprints to process your application...")

Reactions: ChessGirl