Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
you mean we have UCI number on work permit and study permit and also have another UCI of EE application, right. We can use both? I dont know that, I though we just have one UCI once in our life only, that is the one that we apply study permit. so I used it on my LOE for proof of fund. now you said that, so I just check EE profile and see I have another UCI. Do you think is it ok if you mention temp UCI in the LOE. I mention both temp UCI and EE number, but did not mention the actual UCI (start with CAN000....). :(
The UCI number is it has been allocated to you once, no matter whether you got it for your study visa / visitor visa etc. it will remain the same for any subsequent application you file.

The application number will change with the kind of application you file.

If you already have a UCI number, then just wait until it appears on your MyCIC account. The UCI starting with CAN..... is a temp UCI and it will change to a 8 digit or a 10 digit number.

Reactions: Cheolsoon

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Thank you for you both to give me this information.
By the way, @legalfalcon, I have a question regarding to my foreign working experience back home, to make our paper strong, I have submitted labor contract, tax documents along with employment letters. what I'm concerning is my previous company changed theirs address many times but tax document just show the 1st address. of course employment letters show lastest update address. Does it affect my application to be longer as VO may take more time to verify the address on the paper. Also, my address on Police check and labor contract, tax document were my permanent resident address. I dont declare it in personal history as cic just require us to declare 10 years. during that 10 years, I just come back to visit my home town on a yearly basis and did not stay long. Most of the time, I moved around in the capital where I studied university and worked. Do you think I need to write an LOE for these?
The reason that I add more docs as one of my company does not have website, so I want to prove it's existence
Thank you for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for you both to give me this information.
By the way, @legalfalcon, I have a question regarding to my foreign working experience back home, to make our paper strong, I have submitted labor contract, tax documents along with employment letters. what I'm concerning is my previous company changed theirs address many times but tax document just show the 1st address. of course employment letters show lastest update address. Does it affect my application to be longer as VO may take more time to verify the address on the paper. Also, my address on Police check and labor contract, tax document were my permanent resident address. I dont declare it in personal history as cic just require us to declare 10 years. during that 10 years, I just come back to visit my home town on a yearly basis and did not stay long. Most of the time, I moved around in the capital where I studied university and worked. Do you think I need to write an LOE for these?
The reason that I add more docs as one of my company does not have website, so I want to prove it's existence
Thank you for your help.
As per IRCC you only have to provide a work reference letter which :

• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
As longs you have this, you met the requirements. Any additional document you provide in support of you work reference os good, but not mandatory or required.

If IRCC will have any concerns, they will get back to you and request additional documents. Also, as regards different work address, you can include a LoE and explain it there. Anything older than 10 years is irrelevant and need not be mentioned wither in LoE or in the application.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
@legalfalcon Quick question on fees difference receipt,what you will advise to applicants who has already submitted their applications with incorrect fee in May and got AOR.
FYI-I have already raised CSE with difference receipt however don't know how to proceed further. I am outside canada so it would be difficult to get hold of IRCC agent and double check regarding same. It's driving me crazy how to rectify this fees mistake and whom to contact.

additionally,need your suggestion on GCMS notes (who can order it-someone outside canada can also order it or not ,how many days it will take to get access and ideal time to order it from AOR to keep track).

Please advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Quick question on fees difference receipt,what you will advise to applicants who has already submitted their applications with incorrect fee in May and got AOR.
FYI-I have already raised CSE with difference receipt however don't know how to proceed further. I am outside canada so it would be difficult to get hold of IRCC agent and double check regarding same. It's driving me crazy how to rectify this fees mistake and whom to contact.

additionally,need your suggestion on GCMS notes (who can order it-someone outside canada can also order it or not ,how many days it will take to get access and ideal time to order it from AOR to keep track).

Please advise.

Could you elaborate and explain what you are struggling with. I was unable to comprehend what is it that you are asking exactly.

As regards the GCMS notes you can read my detailed post on it and it answers all your questions.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Please advise.
If you know someone in Canada or even know any Canadian in your own country they can request Gcms notes for you. It takes at least 30 days and possibly longer to receive the file.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
Could you elaborate and explain what you are struggling with. I was unable to comprehend what is it that you are asking exactly.

As regards the GCMS notes you can read my detailed post on it and it answers all your questions.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/
@legalfalcon
EE fees got changed effective April 30-9 am EDT,however i was unaware of the same because of no alert from ircc and new fees was not reflecting on my payment page,so i went ahead and paid old incorrect fees on 5/5.

Ideally according to ircc,i should have paid the difference fee first and attached the difference fee receipt under optional documents/LOE.
Now,i had already submitted my application,system is locked and dont know how to send fee difference receipt(already sent receipt via webform but not sure whether they have received it or not).

I really appreciate your advise on this matter as what extra i could have done or any other inputs.

Thank you in advance.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
If you know someone in Canada or even know any Canadian in your own country they can request Gcms notes for you. It takes at least 30 days and possibly longer to receive the file.
So,it can be requested by either canadian citizen/PR only.Is that correct?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
EE fees got changed effective April 30-9 am EDT,however i was unaware of the same because of no alert from ircc and new fees was not reflecting on my payment page,so i went ahead and paid old incorrect fees on 5/5.

Ideally according to ircc,i should have paid the difference fee first and attached the difference fee receipt under optional documents/LOE.
Now,i had already submitted my application,system is locked and dont know how to send fee difference receipt(already sent receipt via webform but not sure whether they have received it or not).

I really appreciate your advise on this matter as what extra i could have done or any other inputs.

Thank you in advance.
Send it via CSE https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It can be requested by a PR, Canadian citizen or any one who is lawful in present in Canada.

As per the Access to Information Act:

Right to access to records

• 4(1) Subject to this Part, but notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, every person who is
  • has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.

Further as per the Extension Order:

2 The right to be given access under subsection 4(1) of the Access to Information Act to records under the control of a government institution is hereby extended to include all individuals who are present in Canada but who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and all corporations that are present in Canada.

So anyone who is a PR, citizen or legally present in Canada can request GCMS notes.

For details see:

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
correct as well as anyone who can provide a copy an official document that demonstrates they are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). A canadian in your own country can also help you; they don't have to be physically present in canada when making the request.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Any more May AoRs?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
How is your application processed?

All application are processed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The stages that they go though are:

1. R10 (Completeness check)
2. Medicals
3. Criminality
4. A11.2 Eligibility (The most important stage)
5. Security

To read on the stages, see https://bit.ly/3bzRxN8

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can't believe it is one year for me already lol ...time flies

I was from May 2019 AOR and got my PR in January 2020
Did you get any update yet? or are you still waiting?