Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
here is the guideline

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I need some clarification on the use of name. I don't have surname/last name in passport,only given name. So how shall i write my name in PR application? NA NAME...OR NAME NA... Is there any guideline in place for this? Please share the link. Thanks

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Also if you are unable to leave the given name blank, i.e. if the given name is mandatory, you can enter the given name in both the given name as well as the last name / surname field.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
hi - excited to finally be able to contribute rather than just reading/lurking like I have been for years on here!

my Timeline:
Been in canada on WP since 2013 (UK citizen)
EE Submitted Feb 3, 2020 with CRS 552
ITA for CEC received in Feb 5, 2020 minimum score 472 for this round
eAPR May1, 2020
AOR received a minute later on May1, 2020 but is dated May 2
paid fees upfront but it asked for the old amount not the new amounts that were meant to take effect on april 30th

Figured I'd add some other details here too that may be useful/interesting to folks passing through or doing searches, because I have spent years bouncing around these forums via search results looking for answers to various questions.

• naturalised UK citizen, lived in the US for a few years before coming to canada so needed FBI check
  • WES ECA 4 yr bachelors
  • Celpip-G language scores 12 in all areas
  • age 38, single, no dependents
  • had to put in an explanation letter about changing name when I got UK citizenship
  • all my employment for past 18 years was with the same global tech firm so they put all history and offer etc into one single letter
  • i entered multiple employment history entries to cover every time my level, country or NOC changed (went back and forth between 2 NOCs a few times over the years)
  • Put in bank letter, screenshot of shares and all my T4/W2 forms for the POF submission even though I technically don't need to enter anything (I'm paranoid and did it anyway)
  • I travel a lot for my job and visiting family friends in previous homes so I had 70+travel entries to log, put 50 in the form and the rest in LoE
    • agonising process of reviewing emails, calendars, receipts, trawling through old facebook posts where I complained about flight delays to guess dates for countries that didn't stamp my passport
    • huge lesson learned to be more careful going forward and track all my movements!
  • 2 page LoE that covered:
    • the fact that I have Multiple Sclerosis (diagnosed early stage last year) and my drug costs are below the admissibility threshold so I put in a paragraph about that
    • couple paragraphs about the complicated-looking-but-really-simple work history
    • PoF slightly less than what I put into EE application because Covid tanked the value of some assets but still above the minimum
    • clarification of address history not matching employment dates (lived in both US and canada for a while moving possessions slowly across the border over christmas)
    • rest of travel history rows and an explanation that some of it is best-guess

Reactions: natzetgo

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
hi - excited to finally be able to contribute rather than just reading/lurking like I have been for years on here!

my Timeline:
eAPR May1, 2020
paid fees upfront but it asked for the old amount not the new amounts that were meant to take effect on april 30th

Figured I'd add some other details here too that may be useful/interesting to folks passing through or doing searches, because I have spent years bouncing around these forums via search results looking for answers to various questions.

• naturalised UK citizen, lived in the US for a few years before coming to canada so needed FBI check
  • WES ECA 4 yr bachelors
  • had to put in an explanation letter about changing name when I got UK citizenship
  • all my employment for past 18 years was with the same global tech firm so they put all history and offer etc into one single letter
  • i entered multiple employment history entries to cover every time my level, country or NOC changed (went back and forth between 2 NOCs a few times over the years)
  • Put in bank letter, screenshot of shares and all my T4/W2 forms for the POF submission even though I technically don't need to enter anything (I'm paranoid and did it anyway)
  • I travel a lot for my job and visiting family friends in previous homes so I had 70+travel entries to log, put 50 in the form and the rest in LoE
    • agonising process of reviewing emails, calendars, receipts, trawling through old facebook posts where I complained about flight delays to guess dates for countries that didn't stamp my passport
    • huge lesson learned to be more careful going forward and track all my movements!
    • the fact that I have Multiple Sclerosis (diagnosed early stage last year) and my drug costs are below the admissibility threshold so I put in a paragraph about that
    • couple paragraphs about the complicated-looking-but-really-simple work history
    • PoF slightly less than what I put into EE application because Covid tanked the value of some assets but still above the minimum
    • clarification of address history not matching employment dates (lived in both US and canada for a while moving possessions slowly across the border over christmas)
Hi, IRCC sent an email to instruct us to pay the additional fees. Have you read that? I think you missed the additional fee.
From IRCC:
Follow these steps to make your 2 payments:
1. Calculate the total fee difference you need to pay
  • Add up all the “payable difference” in the table below that applies to your situation
2. Go to the Make an additional payment or pay other fees page in the ePayment portal.
3. Under “Quantity”, enter the payable difference amount
  • Each payment generates 1 receipt. You can pay as a single payment or repeat this step to make multiple payments.
  • The receipt will be sent to the e-mail address you entered in the ePayment portal.
4. Return to your application in your IRCC secure account.
5. From the Document checklist page, upload the receipt(s) for the fee difference under “Optional Documents: Client Information”.
6. Proceed to pay the rest your application fees when you submit your application.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Hi, IRCC sent an email to instruct us to pay the additional fees. Have you read that? I think you missed the additional fee.
From IRCC:
Follow these steps to make your 2 payments:
1. Calculate the total fee difference you need to pay
  • Add up all the “payable difference” in the table below that applies to your situation
2. Go to the Make an additional payment or pay other fees page in the ePayment portal.
3. Under “Quantity”, enter the payable difference amount
  • Each payment generates 1 receipt. You can pay as a single payment or repeat this step to make multiple payments.
  • The receipt will be sent to the e-mail address you entered in the ePayment portal.
4. Return to your application in your IRCC secure account.
5. From the Document checklist page, upload the receipt(s) for the fee difference under “Optional Documents: Client Information”.
6. Proceed to pay the rest your application fees when you submit your application.
oh wow, no I haven't received any communication other than the AOR. When did you get the email? Was it right away after you submitted or some time later?

I've checked my junk mail and the account messages in the application tracker, nothing in either.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

my Timeline:
eAPR May1, 2020

• WES ECA 4 yr bachelors
Welcome to the club. Seems like all your research paid off and you are all set.

All the best for your application! Keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: Zeph99

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
oh wow, no I haven't received any communication other than the AOR. When did you get the email? Was it right away after you submitted or some time later?

I've checked my junk mail and the account messages in the application tracker, nothing in either.
Dont worry. They also said If you submit your eAPR without the additional fees, a fee payment request will be sent to you through your MyAccount.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Dont worry. They also said If you submit your eAPR without the additional fees, a fee payment request will be sent to you through your MyAccount.
whew! I was mad scrambling just now to figure out that additional payment thing but got stuck in an infinite loop trying to register to make a payment...

I'm still surprised to have not got any emails though, I only found out about the fee change itself when someone posted it in this forum. It makes me wonder what other important communications I'm going to miss in the future :(

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
whew! I was mad scrambling just now to figure out that additional payment thing but got stuck in an infinite loop trying to register to make a payment...

I'm still surprised to have not got any emails though, I only found out about the fee change itself when someone posted it in this forum. It makes me wonder what other important communications I'm going to miss in the future :(
That is the email informing us about the new fees and they instruct us how to make payments in the same email. The title of email is 'Important information on an increase in Express Entry fees / Informations importantes sur l'augmentation des frais liés à Entrée express'
But I think anything related to your application in the future will send to your cicaccount. Just check your account regularly

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

You won't miss anything. Whenever you have a new communication in your MyCIC account, you will also get an email. However, as @EmyHoang recommended, check your MyCIC account at regular intervals.

And don't worry, IRCC won't give you an approval unless they get even penny from you that they owe.

Murtuza90

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hi,
I received my ITA on 16 April. I am still arranging medical and PCC. Currently in India. I tool.my ielts on 7 July 2018 so it expires on 7 July 2020 my concern is I am planning to submit my file by end of may but once I receive my AOR will by oelts expiry will effect my file. Will I have to give ielts again? Please help

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
You won't miss anything. Whenever you have a new communication in your MyCIC account, you will also get an email. However, as @EmyHoang recommended, check your MyCIC account at regular intervals.

And don't worry, IRCC won't give you an approval unless they get even penny from you that they owe.
Hehe I'm sure they won't ;) I just didn't want to get put in a pile on the side and slowed down. I have made the additional payment and sent the receipt via webform. Nowhere near R10 check being passed yet so it still has my temp UCI number in the application - I entered that in the form but also gave my actual UCI number in the message as well.

thankyou @EmyHoang !

Reactions: legalfalcon

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hehe I'm sure they won't ;) I just didn't want to get put in a pile on the side and slowed down. I have made the additional payment and sent the receipt via webform. Nowhere near R10 check being passed yet so it still has my temp UCI number in the application - I entered that in the form but also gave my actual UCI number in the message as well.

thankyou @EmyHoang !
you mean we have UCI number on work permit and study permit and also have another UCI of EE application, right. We can use both? I dont know that, I though we just have one UCI once in our life only, that is the one that we apply study permit. so I used it on my LOE for proof of fund. now you said that, so I just check EE profile and see I have another UCI. Do you think is it ok if you mention temp UCI in the LOE. I mention both temp UCI and EE number, but did not mention the actual UCI (start with CAN000....). :(

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hi,
I received my ITA on 16 April. I am still arranging medical and PCC. Currently in India. I tool.my ielts on 7 July 2018 so it expires on 7 July 2020 my concern is I am planning to submit my file by end of may but once I receive my AOR will by oelts expiry will effect my file. Will I have to give ielts again? Please help
Everything is blocked at the time of AOR (age, ielts, wes...). So, your ietls is till valid by end of May and you received AOR by end of May too, then you will be fine.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
you mean we have UCI number on work permit and study permit and also have another UCI of EE application, right. We can use both? I dont know that, I though we just have one UCI once in our life only, that is the one that we apply study permit. so I used it on my LOE for proof of fund. now you said that, so I just check EE profile and see I have another UCI. Do you think is it ok if you mention temp UCI in the LOE. I mention both temp UCI and EE number, but did not mention the actual UCI (start with CAN000....). :(
You're right that we do have one UCI for all things, but from what I understand, your EE and eAPR don't get connected to it until the first step (R10 completeness check) is done by a human. So the system assigns the CAN000 one to you to begin with, then when you pass the R10 step you'll see the UCI of your eAPR change to your actual UCI that was used on your prior paperwork.