+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Brendan92

Feb 28, 2020
So you guys are thinking this is a 6-7 month delay? I'm trying to get a feel for what the consensus is on different group fourms

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Nobody can say sh!t for sure, but if by end of summer we are here asking the same questions, I would plan for a long trip abroad with your wife.
Say they get back to work after Labor Day.
The backlog is going to be catastrophic
They have not touched even 1 application since mid March.
But make sure that sponsor is allowed to leave canada for a long time while the application is being processed. They have so many restrictions on spouses like no trv, it's unbelievable.

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
I send London Visa office an email and this what they reply to me

Thank you for our email. We have received your enquiry regarding the status of your application.

The background and criminality assessments have been completed. The application is pending a final review by an assessing officer. There are no further updates to provide at this time.

Please note that given global restrictions resulting from COVID-19 and subsequent service disruptions we are currently providing essential services only. This has impacted application processing and we are not able to provide a timeframe for the completion of any assessments at this time.

We will endeavor to review your application as soon as possible once resumption of normal operations occurs, however please note that we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries.

Please consult IRCC’s special measures to help clients affected by COVID‑19 and Canada’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak site for the most up to date information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

Reactions: Nina12

DuncanHague

Feb 9, 2020
I send London Visa office an email and this what they reply to me

Thank you for our email. We have received your enquiry regarding the status of your application.

The background and criminality assessments have been completed. The application is pending a final review by an assessing officer. There are no further updates to provide at this time.

Please note that given global restrictions resulting from COVID-19 and subsequent service disruptions we are currently providing essential services only. This has impacted application processing and we are not able to provide a timeframe for the completion of any assessments at this time.

We will endeavor to review your application as soon as possible once resumption of normal operations occurs, however please note that we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries.

Please consult IRCC’s special measures to help clients affected by COVID‑19 and Canada’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak site for the most up to date information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
What does your Gckey account state in terms of bakground check and criminality assessments? Also what’s your timeline?

I’m wondering if my application is in a similar scenario, it’s been in London since November and I received a request for an updated police check in February but obviously nothing since.

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
What does your Gckey account state in terms of bakground check and criminality assessments? Also what’s your timeline?

I’m wondering if my application is in a similar scenario, it’s been in London since November and I received a request for an updated police check in February but obviously nothing since.
Application received: May 1st, 2019
Biometrics Request: June 20th, 2019
Biometrcis Received: June 23rd, 2019
Medical Request: June 25th, 2019
Medical Passed: July 16th, 2019
Moved to LVO: Oct 25th, 2019
AOR: Nov.13th,2019
Requested PCC again: Nov.26, 2019 (sent it with my original file but for some reason they didn't receive it)
Pre-Arrival letter Received: March 10th, 2020

And, on my GC key the Background message still states the same thing "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

newMember1990

Jun 15, 2020
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS office
App. Filed.......
12-08-2020
I am sponsoring my Husband, who stayed in England for 6 years. He applied for UK PCC after he came back to India. As this PCC was issued after he exited London and never went back. I am assuming that this PCC will work for his application. Or He will need to request one again??

Lott123456

Jan 28, 2020
I am sponsoring my Husband, who stayed in England for 6 years. He applied for UK PCC after he came back to India. As this PCC was issued after he exited London and never went back. I am assuming that this PCC will work for his application. Or He will need to request one again??
PCC cannot be more than year old

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
We are complex hahahah will get the news soon
Your file is also complex file. I dont know why they consider our file complex. I dont know they will approve PR or what if its complex .even they are not asking us for any additional document or interview

SAM1982

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Your file is also complex file. I dont know why they consider our file complex. I dont know they will approve PR or what if its complex .even they are not asking us for any additional document or interview
They just put as complex they did not even start still our file in que so dont worry about

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Any update? is there any result of involving MP?
Please share your experiences. your sharing will help a lot of broken families

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Any update? is there any result of involving MP?
Please share your experiences. your sharing will help a lot of broken families
So far no tangible changes to our application processing yet. In addition to what I submitted to my MP on May 26, 2020, my husband (a US citizen) also wrote a letter to my MP reiterating our situation which I forwarded to them on June 12, 2020. On June 16, 2020, they replied with a confirmation (pasted below) that they have received my husband's letter as well.

"I have received your documents and accompanying letter and will provide you with an update on the status of your immigration file within the next few days. As you can imagine, there have been delays in processing on account of COVID-19. Most consulate offices/embassies and visa offices around the world have been shut down and handling only urgent matters.

I realize the urgency of your situation. Having said that, I will see if anything can be done to speed up the case. There are no guarantees. I will forward a copy of your letter to add to the file.

Thank you and stay well. I will be back in touch with you soon."

No updates other than this reply yet, but I'll definitely post if anything comes of it. As far as I know, the NY visa office where our application is currently located is still closed, but there's a list of visa offices that have reopened here --> https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/visa-application-centres-starting-to-reopen-0614686.html#gs.8k648w Hope things get moving for everyone...