+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Seems to me that 23 April applicants got AORs ... Still a long way to go ...

Wish CIC just rains AOR for May applicants today as they usually sends out AORs in Batches

ml0591

Jun 5, 2019
Nothing yet :/ Still waiting. My app was received on 1st May. I REALLY hope I get an AOR next week.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
As we are waiting all for the AOR..I would line this question ,
In may case I am a Canadian citizen and my residence is in Morocco with my wife
I started the sponsoring and I am planing to move with my wife to Canada after finishing the bio-metrics and Medical
I will get first a visit visa for her and she can wait other steps while she is with me in Canada
As the 2 important steps, Biometrics and medical will be done , in case the interview is not required, do you have idea how the process will continue? does she have to return to Morocco again for something?
Thanks a lot for the kind advice

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
As we are waiting all for the AOR..I would line this question ,
In may case I am a Canadian citizen and my residence is in Morocco with my wife
I started the sponsoring and I am planing to move with my wife to Canada after finishing the bio-metrics and Medical
I will get first a visit visa for her and she can wait other steps while she is with me in Canada
As the 2 important steps, Biometrics and medical will be done , in case the interview is not required, do you have idea how the process will continue? does she have to return to Morocco again for something?
Thanks a lot for the kind advice
Firstly securing a visit visa when a spousal sponsorship application is in process is very tough. Unless you show very strong ties of your wife to her home country that demonstrates she has to return, your vistors application will most likely be rejected. From your intention that you want her to be in Canada for the rest of the process, its clear she doesn’t have intentions to return soon. Remember visitors visa is not an option to wait out the PR process. In the event that you somehow secure a visitor’s visa and are not called for an interview and she gets her PPR, she can submit her passports in Canada to secure the visa and COPR and then go out of the country and come back to declare PR.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Firstly securing a visit visa when a spousal sponsorship application is in process is very tough. Unless you show very strong ties of your wife to her home country that demonstrates she has to return, your vistors application will most likely be rejected. From your intention that you want her to be in Canada for the rest of the process, its clear she doesn’t have intentions to return soon. Remember visitors visa is not an option to wait out the PR process. In the event that you somehow secure a visitor’s visa and are not called for an interview and she gets her PPR, she can submit her passports in Canada to secure the visa and COPR and then go out of the country and come back to declare PR.
Thanks a lot . I forget to say that we have baby girl together which is a Canadian citizen. I will insist that my daughter should live with me in Canada, and my wife should be with her daughter as well.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks a lot . I forget to say that we have baby girl together which is a Canadian citizen. I will insist that my daughter should live with me in Canada, and my wife should be with her daughter as well.
That still wont suffice what I mentioned above. Not trying to demoralise you and you should certainly try applying but just stating why its difficult.

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
For example, I have a Canadian passport and my 1 year daughter also have it. we can travel both and the visa officer will not allow the mom to go with her daughter , Sorry I dont think that.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
For example, I have a Canadian passport and my 1 year daughter also have it. we can travel both and the visa officer will not allow the mom to go with her daughter , Sorry I dont think that.
All the best applying for visitors. Hope you get it :)

Kz_hasn

May 21, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
23-10-2019
AOR Received.
19-10-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2020
Med's Request
25-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Seems to me that 23 April applicants got AORs ... Still a long way to go ...

Wish CIC just rains AOR for May applicants today as they usually sends out AORs in Batches
Hi friend,

would you tell me if we write Islamabad as Place of birth from Pakistan, instead of Rawalpindi for principal Applicant in generic form. as Per guideline it should match to the travel document i.e. passport which says Rawalpindi as place of birth. Should it be a problem. is that something which would cause CIC to send back the application.

Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Its better to provide details that match your passport as you cannot risk getting your application rejected.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hi friend,

would you tell me if we write Islamabad as Place of birth from Pakistan, instead of Rawalpindi for principal Applicant in generic form. as Per guideline it should match to the travel document i.e. passport which says Rawalpindi as place of birth. Should it be a problem. is that something which would cause CIC to send back the application.

Thanks
That would be noted as misrepresentation. Details must match in all the documentation that you submit.

Reactions: Krissh2179