+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

tor416

Jun 13, 2019
My husband's medical (passed july 12) & biometrics (approved 28 june) are approved. SA rec'd 2 july. No file transfer yet. Anybody knows what's happening? most files are already transferred to mississauga or PA's home country.
Mine was also received May 6 and everything was completed around the same time as yours and mine hasn’t been transferred either.
Where is your PA from?

carlz1234

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi @carlz1234 since I don’t have much work today, I run through the average and or farthest duration for each activity. For Filipino applicants, it usually takes 56 days before you get an AoR so for you, it should be July 18. If you haven’t yet receive it, you may consider the duration of 79 days (farthest across all countries), so maybe by Aug 10. Cross fingers.
Thanks men, Hopefully soon.

jasperJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Just a heads up.on the error that I made while submitting the Biometrics fee receipt via IRCC web form.

I mistakenly selected Sponsor in the "Enquirer Information" section while submitting the Receipt and they declined my email by saying that they could not find me (Sponsor) as the representative and will not take action on my request, i.e will not accept the receipt. I am surprised why they are refering me as representative although I've selected Sponsor in the Enquirer information.

Now I selected PA in Enquirer Information section and hopefully this time they will accept the Receipt.

PS: I got response to my IRCC webform in 8 days.
Did you guys not sign and include the representative form in the application package? I mean sponsor be the representative of the PA?

Baes

Jul 11, 2019
Hi guys, just checking! Do you need to link your account before they check it and from there you can receive sponsor’s approval and the rest?
My husband is having a problem linking it for weeks now and not sure if it’s a dependency.

metaphysics

Jun 24, 2019
Did you guys not sign and include the representative form in the application package? I mean sponsor be the representative of the PA?

if I am not wrong, Representative form is only required if either Sponsor or PA is naming a representative, such as a immigration layer etc. I think I mistaken;y selected representative option instead pf sponsor while filling ircc web form

Use of Representative (IMM 5476)
Use this form if you (the sponsor, the principal applicant, and/or any dependants 18 years of age or older) want to name a representative (such as
an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend or family member) to represent you. When you appoint a representative, you also authorize IRCC and
the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to share information from your case file with this person in place of you, and the representative will
receive all correspondence from IRCC or the CBSA.
Learn more about who can

Last edited:

Vaibhav Sharma

Mar 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Does the background check states any date when they start it
In my GC key it states We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Is this the way every one's looks?? or does it specify any date
Please share your experience about it
Thank you

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Does the background check states any date when they start it
In my GC key it states We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Is this the way every one's looks?? or does it specify any date
Please share your experience about it
Thank you
Mine did not state a date and I did not receive any message when it started.

jasperJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
if I am not wrong, Representative form is only required if either Sponsor or PA is naming a representative, such as a immigration layer etc. I think I mistaken;y selected representative option instead pf sponsor while filling ircc web form

Use of Representative (IMM 5476)
Use this form if you (the sponsor, the principal applicant, and/or any dependants 18 years of age or older) want to name a representative (such as
an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend or family member) to represent you. When you appoint a representative, you also authorize IRCC and
the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to share information from your case file with this person in place of you, and the representative will
receive all correspondence from IRCC or the CBSA.
Learn more about who can
Actually, you need to sign the form if sponsor wants act on behalf of PA.

Below synopsis from checklist:-

IMPORTANT: If a sponsor will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of the principal applicant and/or any dependent child over
the age of 18 included in the application for permanent residence, the applicant (and any child 18 or older) must each complete their own Use of
Representative form [IMM 5476] listing the sponsor as a representative. If this is not provided, the application will be returned without being
processed.