+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Trabia

Sep 11, 2019
My husband receive this email today..

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of stay in Canada
Can some one please tell me what does it mean? Background check is started??

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of stay in Canada
You have got both aip and sa, so your background check is ended, not started. Now you just wait for an invitation for interview.

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019

Can you please post your timelines?

Trabia

Sep 11, 2019
Can you please post your timelines?
Application+ work permit application : May 28
AOR: June 22
Work permit application came for missing 100$ fee : sep 05
Work permit + extension application send again: sep 12
Medical request: October 10
Additional documents requested: Oct 25
Send:Nov 18
SA: December 1
AIP:December 1

Reactions: Ver94

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
Thank you!! Congratulations!!

Trabia

Sep 11, 2019
I have questions why people still receive the email when the government doesn’t really work on the weekend?
Yes I have same question..but whenever I receive any email it is either Saturday or Sunday..may b they schedule a time for sending email later

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Congrats...what happened to your work permit?

Reactions: Trabia

MrsSMS

Oct 17, 2018
Pretty sure they're not open on Saturdays so you'd have to go back for your SIN and OHIP. We arrived at about 9 am at the Etobicoke office for our 10 am appointment. We showed the receptionist our landing letter and he gave us a ticket number then directed us to the waiting room across the hall way. It was busy so we didn't get called up till right at 10 am. I definitely suggest going early.

If you're driving, there's a plaza nearby with a shopper's drug Mart where you can park for free and just walk over. If you park in the building, you're gonna get charged.
Congrats Sulwyn and thank you for the tip in relation to the parking! Thanks to this message of yours, we managed to get parked at Shoppers too
I landed yesterday and I got asked the exact same questions. Could not get the SIN due to Saturday but applied for OHIP yesterday too. Just a question with regards to OHIP... is it true that we applicants don’t have access to healthcare until after the 3 month probation period in Ontario and that if we were to leave country in the probation period, we would not be classified eligible?