+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hie i got the SA , 3 days ago but now nothing else. I am a bit worried. People get AIP and DM on the same day. May 9 applicant.
Hey..I received SA and AIP 10 days before but no DM yet. It may be normal for some file.
Check your GC key and see what is the update for background. Mostly it is pending in BG check.

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hi guys! So today we checked ECAS and for the Principal Applicant it says Decision Made!!! Does this mean it was approved??? We used a representative for ours so all emails go to them, however I am really hoping this mean it is done! May 15th applicant. So Glad May applicants are moving faster now!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: reviv3r

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hey guys so I had a question about PR and OWP.
I am from the US and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We have been together 2 years, married since July 20th of this year. We finally just got our marriage certificate to apply inland PR and OWP. Ive been here a year and just applied for a visitor extension, which they responded back not even a week later allowing me to stay for 6 months instead of the year I asked for.
My questions are:
▪︎Will I be able to apply for another visitor extension if my OWP isnt approved, or hasn't been approved by the time im supposed to leave in May 2020?
▪︎Do you think if I apply for the visitor extension and show them where im at in the process they will extend it enough to recieve an answer on PR?
▪︎Since i've been here as a Visitor from the US. I havent worked in a year. When applying for an OWP, will I need to contact my previous jobs to show proof I worked before? Or can I just put down the jobs I had. I was unsure since I wont need a LIMA or a job offer since i'm applying inland with my PR and my husband is sponsoring me.
▪︎I have a 10 year old daughter currently in the US who is in school, if I get approved for a OWP can she come here and start school or would it be better for her to stay in the US until our PR app is approved?

Thank you so much for your time, and all help is greatly appreciated.
Hey i can help with some but not all of the above.
If you apply for the OWP and you don't miss any fees or signatures then you will be in implied status after your visitor status expires and wont need any other application on top. The only problem is if you miss something and they sent the application back after your status expired.

I dont think they will care much whether you are having a PR application going, they might but they might now. But again you wont need it if you apply for the OWP

You will only need to list your jobs on the application no need for proof or anything. If they need anything because they doubt the information they will contact you or the employer.

Im not sure how the situation for children is. You should check the government website a bit or maybe someone else here can help you. It might also depend on if you have full custody or her dad has part because it might not be that easy to move her out of the country if the dad is still alive and has partial custody etc.

Hope that helps

Reactions: b4evergrace

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys! So today we checked ECAS and for the Principal Applicant it says Decision Made!!! Does this mean it was approved??? We used a representative for ours so all emails go to them, however I am really hoping this mean it is done! May 15th applicant. So Glad May applicants are moving faster now!!!
That’s exciting news! Your representative should’ve received an email from IRCC. Have you called them? Or you could call IRCC ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ and press 3-4-1-0 to ask for an update on your application?

Reactions: J2dc

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
That’s exciting news! Your representative should’ve received an email from IRCC. Have you called them? Or you could call IRCC ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬ and press 3-4-1-0 to ask for an update on your application?
Yes we have been trying to reach out to the Representative but haven't heard back yet... hopefully we hear soon!

Eheheh

Mar 14, 2019
Finally a Permanent Resident of Canada Effective November 18, 2019. Goodluck to the rest of you all who are still patiently waiting. It will come as long as you processed it correctly with no missing docs and info! Just pray hard

Jun 19, 2018
May 22nd applicant. Sa/aip/dm on last Tuesday. Just received the landing interview email for December 5th. Super stoked that it’s almost over. Does anyone know how long would it take from landing to receiving the actual pr?

Reactions: Eheheh and Jiotr

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
May 22nd applicant. Sa/aip/dm on last Tuesday. Just received the landing interview email for December 5th. Super stoked that it’s almost over. Does anyone know how long would it take from landing to receiving the actual pr?
After you got your sa/aip/dm, did you notice they updated your GCKEY timeline to reflect this? I received the letters. but timeline still says "we are determining your eligibility.../decision has not yet been made... etc"

Jun 19, 2018
After you got your sa/aip/dm, did you notice they updated your GCKEY timeline to reflect this? I received the letters. but timeline still says "we are determining your eligibility.../decision has not yet been made... etc"
My ecas says decision made on both parts. My gckey doesn’t change. I heard that it will once you do your landing interview. Don’t worry too much, as long as you have the letters, that’s all that matters :)

Reactions: Jiotr

Eheheh

Mar 14, 2019
Got mine same day i had my landing interview. Ul receive a paper saying confirmation for pr then the actual card will arrive in 3-4 weeks

Shubhbajwa

Oct 18, 2019
Hey..I received SA and AIP 10 days before but no DM yet. It may be normal for some file.
Check your GC key and see what is the update for background. Mostly it is pending in BG check.
I just got my landing interview email. Like nothing else no dm no pa no aip. Wow strange but i happy atleast its done.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hey i can help with some but not all of the above.
If you apply for the OWP and you don't miss any fees or signatures then you will be in implied status after your visitor status expires and wont need any other application on top. The only problem is if you miss something and they sent the application back after your status expired.

I dont think they will care much whether you are having a PR application going, they might but they might now. But again you wont need it if you apply for the OWP

You will only need to list your jobs on the application no need for proof or anything. If they need anything because they doubt the information they will contact you or the employer.

Im not sure how the situation for children is. You should check the government website a bit or maybe someone else here can help you. It might also depend on if you have full custody or her dad has part because it might not be that easy to move her out of the country if the dad is still alive and has partial custody etc.

Hope that helps
Thank you, for the response. I had another reply on my own thread. I was freaking out over it. I have it all cleared up now. Good luck everyone!

MrsSMS

Oct 17, 2018
Hi guys!!!
AIP-SA-DM email came through today!!!
So so so happy, May 23rd applicant here!!! Can’t believe I phoned IRCC yesterday for the first time, and got told my criminality was in process and to wait for another 6 months and then a giggle ‘your application is progressing nicely...’ unbelievable.
To Sulwyn: if you read this :) highfive for us May 23rd’ers and still in shock how our timelines are virtually the same!!!
now awaiting landing interview appointment!!!
Good luck to all waiting!

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi guys!!!
AIP-SA-DM email came through today!!!
So so so happy, May 23rd applicant here!!! Can’t believe I phoned IRCC yesterday for the first time, and got told my criminality was in process and to wait for another 6 months and then a giggle ‘your application is progressing nicely...’ unbelievable.
To Sulwyn: if you read this :) highfive for us May 23rd’ers and still in shock how our timelines are virtually the same!!!
now awaiting landing interview appointment!!!
Good luck to all waiting!
I'm so happy for you!!!!! I hope you get your landing interview letter soon. :D I can't wait till our interview next week XD

Reactions: MrsSMS