+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

MrsSMS

Oct 17, 2018
Just got SA And AIP!!! So happy!

The letter also says "
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Is that DM as well? Are we just waiting for landing interview now?
I am so happy for you Sulwyn! We have the exact same timelines up until the day we gave our medicals! Lol :) as I had my medicals on 7th Nov but I am actually not sure what stage my application is at now, since I am not linked to the GCKey as I applied through rep and they wont link. But seeing your amazing progress gives me hope! Congratulations and enjoy

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I am so happy for you Sulwyn! We have the exact same timelines up until the day we gave our medicals! Lol :) as I had my medicals on 7th Nov but I am actually not sure what stage my application is at now, since I am not linked to the GCKey as I applied through rep and they wont link. But seeing your amazing progress gives me hope! Congratulations and enjoy
Everything moved so fast right after we got medical passed. Medical passed was 2 weeks after hubby did the medical. Just a week and a half later, he'll officially be a PR!!! I know you'll be joining the rest of us soon with good news. :D

Reactions: MrsSMS

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
Congratulations everyone!
I'm one of those who's still waiting :( but only because of errors that I made on the application lol oops! But only a matter of a few more weeks for me!
I'm so glad the process was only 7 months in total for us :)

Reactions: reviv3r and MrsSMS

MrsSMS

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you Sulwyn! Your DM made me so happy that today for the first time, I actually called IRCC to check on my app (never did so before as applied through rep) and agent confirmed I passed medical and security check on 14th Nov and they are just waiting for my criminal check to be completed which is (2nd part of a BGC) and said your app is progressing nicely! Fingers crossed I can go back home to Scotland to see my mammy! Lol its been a long year! :) and I have not even travelled anywhere for the fear of being questioned you are a bringer of great news Sulwyn and I am just so happy for your family. Can’t wait to update you soon! :)

Last edited:

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Thank you Sulwyn! Your DM made me so happy that today for the first time, I actually called IRCC to check on my app (never did so before as applied through rep) and agent confirmed I passed medical and security check on 14th Nov and they are just waiting for my criminal check to be completed which is (2nd part of a BGC) and said your app is progressing nicely! Fingers crossed I can go back home to Scotland to see my mommy! Lol its been a long year! :) and I have not even travelled anywhere for the fear of being questioned you are a bringer of great news Sulwyn and I am just so happy for your family. Can’t wait to update you soon! :)
Don’t worry, you are not alone
May 16 applicant here..OWP also not approved.
More than 10 days after SA and PA.
We will get it this month ... cheers

Reactions: MrsSMS

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
May 31 - Application received
Sept 23 OWP Approved
Nov 13 - Medical Received

No news after that... :(

isadorafranca

Apr 25, 2019
Hey, guys, I got my letter with my interview scheduled today and I will be traveling during the week it was scheduled. Did anyone have the same problem and needed to reschedule it? Is it even possible? We bought the tickets months ago and already took time off from work; my family also bought tickets just go meet us halfway. I don't know what to do if they don't give us hope tomorrow when we call them. This is a nightmare. :(

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
C
I had sent ircc a webform asking if my RCMP clearance has been received and I just got this response.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to inform you that your sponsorship application has been approved on November 20, 2019. You should receive a letter inviting you and your spouse to attend a final landing interview"

does this mean DM etc or is this just SA?
GCKey nor ECAS show any update
an you please send me the link of the page where you can submit this? Thanks.

dillby777

Jul 29, 2019
What a load of BS from them approving the OWP along with the PR. What a joke, they just want to keep the money even though they didnt do their job properly.
I know! i get to use the work permit for what maybe a month before PR kicks in, total joke! would have rathered the OWP taking longer so i could get those fees back, could have used it like many of us here relying on sole spouse/partner income.

Shubhbajwa

Oct 18, 2019
Hie i got the SA , 3 days ago but now nothing else. I am a bit worried. People get AIP and DM on the same day. May 9 applicant.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hey guys so I had a question about PR and OWP.
I am from the US and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We have been together 2 years, married since July 20th of this year. We finally just got our marriage certificate to apply inland PR and OWP. Ive been here a year and just applied for a visitor extension, which they responded back not even a week later allowing me to stay for 6 months instead of the year I asked for.
My questions are:
▪︎Will I be able to apply for another visitor extension if my OWP isnt approved, or hasn't been approved by the time im supposed to leave in May 2020?
▪︎Do you think if I apply for the visitor extension and show them where im at in the process they will extend it enough to recieve an answer on PR?
▪︎Since i've been here as a Visitor from the US. I havent worked in a year. When applying for an OWP, will I need to contact my previous jobs to show proof I worked before? Or can I just put down the jobs I had. I was unsure since I wont need a LIMA or a job offer since i'm applying inland with my PR and my husband is sponsoring me.
▪︎I have a 10 year old daughter currently in the US who is in school, if I get approved for a OWP can she come here and start school or would it be better for her to stay in the US until our PR app is approved?

Thank you so much for your time, and all help is greatly appreciated.