+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Just got an update online saying "You passed the medical"
I didn't receive medical request!!
Did they use the previous medical report on my file that was done in August last year when I applied for my student visa?
I'm little confused :)

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Aug 26 2019 so recent not sure if i have to do it again. My wallet is just soo drained
Did you mean 2018? I know. It’s annoying that they won’t accept it when it was still valid when we submitted it. But I guess they base the expiry against the date they open our file. I just did my medical again today.

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Anybody’s background has started yet ?

My started yesterday (We are reviewing your background check ) but no medical yet , is anybody with the same situation or any idea about this ?
What country originally are you from? I’ve heard that different countries have different background check timeline!

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Today recieved a letter to submit CV/resume Of the applicant to process the PR application. I never seen such request in this forum before. Any idea?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Just got an update online saying "You passed the medical"
I didn't receive medical request!!
Did they use the previous medical report on my file that was done in August last year when I applied for my student visa?
I'm little confused :)
I wouldn't question it ;)

They always have their reasons! So good news!

M.K.IR.2019

May 31, 2019
I am a May 2nd applicant, and I did my medical test Aug 27. the only thing I am seeing is "the medical results have been received". They did not said passed on approved. My background check also did not started yet. Do you know what the problem could be?

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi Everyone
My application submitted August 8th but returned yesterday due to the incomplete processing fee.

I am working in Canada, so I applied open work permit + spousal sponsorship.

Can anyone tell me how much I have to pay for it?
We paid $1,280.00 CAD for PR and Open Work permit. Can you please tell me how much I have to pay?

LittleNinja

May 21, 2019
Can anyone tell me how much I have to pay for it?
We paid $1,280.00 CAD for PR and Open Work permit. Can you please tell me how much I have to pay?
Fees are $1040 total for PR. Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
Work permit fee is $155 plus $100 open work permit holder fee.

Total should come to $1295.

I think you paid $85 for biometrics in place of the $100 open work permit holder fee. No need to pay for biometrics for inland applications, at least at this time. Just pay the missing $100 and re-apply including the new receipt and the previous ones. You can also request a refund for the $85 I believe, but I don't know how to go about that.

Last edited:

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Fees are $1040 total for PR. Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
Work permit fee is $155 plus $100 open work permit holder fee.

Total should come to $1295.

I think you paid $85 for biometrics in place of the $100 open work permit holder fee. No need to pay for biometrics for inland applications, at least at this time. Just pay the missing $100 and re-apply including the new receipt and the previous ones. You can also request a refund for the $85 I believe, but I don't know how to go about that.
thank you. How do I pay only a $100 work permit fee?

zxya024

Sep 16, 2019
Hi friends,
Just want to know those people who already got approved OWP along their pr application. If you submitted OWP checklist and other supportting documents like marriage certificate and any marked pages of passport?
Because I only did application form and payment receipt with pr application. Waiting for AOR now, kinda worried about it. And I have no idea if I can add them through webform after I can link to my account. Thanks a lot if anyone can help.

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Today recieved a letter to submit CV/resume Of the applicant to process the PR application. I never seen such request in this forum before. Any idea?
After the above request for CV and medical, now in GC key it says we are processing your back ground check.

It means they have started bg already? ( medical report and cv s not updated yet?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
After the above request for CV and medical, now in GC key it says we are processing your back ground check.

It means they have started bg already? ( medical report and cv s not updated yet?
Did you find out what the CV is referring to?

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Did you find out what the CV is referring to?
It’s CV/Resume. Found by searching forum that in many situations if applicant has higher education in field of physics or chemistry they are asking for it. It’s applicable in our case. We are working towards updating it and providing soon.