+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Michyap

Jul 3, 2019
Once the OWP is linked and it stated submitted. Does that mean we have implied status until the decision is made?

If we wish to travel outside Canada during this period we can? If we have multiple entry visa of Canada.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Once the OWP is linked and it stated submitted. Does that mean we have implied status until the decision is made?

If we wish to travel outside Canada during this period we can? If we have multiple entry visa of Canada.
Even with visitor or some work status you don't have the guarantee to be let back in the country. With implied it will be even harder. They always decide anew when your crossing the border and they have the right to refuse you, it depends strongly on the officers. With a work and travel visa I had no problem they didn't check anything but with visitor or implied they might check if you have enough money, return flight if needed etc.

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
Congrats! Great news! I really hope I can link mine by the end of the day
I see on the spreadsheet that you got an Approval for your OWP. Did you actually get it approved already or did you just link your account?

Aug 27, 2019
Has anyone received their open work permit yet?
My wife's status is - we have started processing your application to sponsor on July 10 2019 but we still have not received the work permit yet.

Website says 7 weeks of processing time.

Reactions: Karsky

isaV84

May 16, 2017
Hi there,

I have a representative, received AOR on august 10 and nothing since then. I was hoping to leave Canada once OWP approved but now I have noticed that they have removed the page with the info re leavening Canada while IRCC process PR. Any clue if this is due to changes with immigration rules?

Last edited:

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
Hi,
My timeline
Application received : May 1sts
Aor received: June 29th
Owp returned: July 17th
Owp received: July 26 ( I have the link)
Medical requirements: August 24
that is so good you are the fists to get medical exam request, that means our applications start to be processed now :)

Reactions: Karsky

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Has anyone sent IMM5556 form with their Pr+OWP which is open work permit form with their application. I realized I didnt sent that either just because it was not mentioned in the PR applicartion checklist.
I did not send the checklist for OWP as well. The PR application checklist did not indicate that the OWP checklist needs to be included. And the guideline did not say anything about the OWP checklist.

I assumed it was approved because I can link my account :( it just says Submitted
Jiotr, could you please let me know if you included a checklist for the OWP as well?