+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

evaz

Aug 6, 2014
But I don't have the application ID for the OWP. I received only one application ID from CIC which is for the PR application. I just now tried to search for the OWP application using that application ID and it gave me an error saying the application ID is for the wrong category.

I then tried to search using the UCI and family name of my wife but still it said that no application could be found.

How do I search for the OWP application then?
You don't use the application number, you'll use the UCI that should be shown in the details of the PR application. UCI is assigned to a person, not an application so it will be the same for both PR and OWP, even though application numbers will be different. Log in to the linked PR application and check "show details" and you should see the UCI for the principal applicant.

If UCI isn't doing it you may need to keep waiting a while, since that should be what links it. Just make sure you're using the principal applicant's UCI and not the one that was included in AOR, which is the sponsor's UCI.

Aug 27, 2019
My wife's process -
Application Received - 6 May 2019
Started Processing / AOR - 10 July 2019
Nothing yet after that..

Anyone else in a similar situation?

SSUN

Jul 21, 2019
Oh cool. How did you link you owp? I thought we can only link sponsorship application?
"Select Temporary Residence first, then work permit and extension.

Application details: UCI and family name. (Use principal applicant data)
Applicant’s personal information: Place of birth. (Input what you wrote in the application form)
Details of intended work in Canada: Open (initial application or extension).
Current Country of residence: Canada.
Current marital status: Married or whatever applies.
Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

If place of birth option does not work, try using passport info." ------Copied from other member P52

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
My Wife's Inland Spousal:

Application Received: 24th May 2019
AOR: 30th May 2019 (Yes, only 6 days). I was able to link the application online.

OWP Application returned: 14th June 2019 (Due to missing WP Holder fee of $100)
OWP Application sent: 15th June 2019 (To Edmonton)
OWP Application received: 19th June 2019

Until now, I cannot link the OWP application (meaning that they haven't started working on it yet). No updates on any section of application.

Anyone in similar boat?

Dk2805

Aug 11, 2019
Hey guys I contacted cic for the process of my urgent application due to a travel scheduled for the job interview. Unfortunately I didn't receive the work permit on time and couldn't travel as I would loose my implied status. CIC responded stating for processing times, check for open work permit extension. (Right now is 120 days for paper application) I hope that could relieve some of the curiosity as we will have the time frame for owp. Also they cannot check the status or we could link the application unless it has been added to the system.

Reactions: Henrygomez76

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
"Select Temporary Residence first, then work permit and extension.

Application details: UCI and family name. (Use principal applicant data)
Applicant’s personal information: Place of birth. (Input what you wrote in the application form)
Details of intended work in Canada: Open (initial application or extension).
Current Country of residence: Canada.
Current marital status: Married or whatever applies.
Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

If place of birth option does not work, try using passport info." ------Copied from other member P52
I followed the exact same steps but could not find my wife's OWP application. I had submitted the OWP application along with the inland PR sponsorship application for my wife and it was received on July 6 and I received the AOR on August 17. I was able to link the PR application but not the OWP application. Does this mean that the CIC has not yet started processing the OWP application?

SSUN

Jul 21, 2019
I followed the exact same steps but could not find my wife's OWP application. I had submitted the OWP application along with the inland PR sponsorship application for my wife and it was received on July 6 and I received the AOR on August 17. I was able to link the PR application but not the OWP application. Does this mean that the CIC has not yet started processing the OWP application?
Yes, I think your OWP has not been added to the system.
I received the AOR on August 8th, and I just linked my OWP yesterday August 27. So I think you still need to wait.

Dk2805

Aug 11, 2019
Good day! I'm new here and appreciate your advise/inputs.

My husband is sponsoring me. We first submitted PR+OWP before my visa expires but it was sent back to us due to missing documents. We resent the application but then my visa is already expired. I've read here that PR application will not give me implied status so I'm now currently OUT OF STATUS, how this affect my applications? Will applying for RESTORATION of my visitor's visa help?

BTW, we got AOR: 20th August 2019.

Thank you in advance for your help.
You could still pay the restoration fee and use the ircc web form to notify them about the restoration and explain the situation. IRCC agent would put all that information into your file till the relevant office starts processing it. Since you have already applied for work permit you don't have to leave the country. Also, you cannot apply for a visitor visa, extension or visitor record from inside Canada after your status expires. I had a similar situation and was adviced to apply for visitor visa from country of citizenship or just wait until a decision is made on your OWP application. The reason why I am saying you to pay restoration fee is because they would ask for it anyways and would delay your permit by few weeks. I hope that answers to your concerns

red1973

Aug 26, 2019
You could still pay the restoration fee and use the ircc web form to notify them about the restoration and explain the situation. IRCC agent would put all that information into your file till the relevant office starts processing it. Since you have already applied for work permit you don't have to leave the country. Also, you cannot apply for a visitor visa, extension or visitor record from inside Canada after your status expires. I had a similar situation and was adviced to apply for visitor visa from country of citizenship or just wait until a decision is made on your OWP application. The reason why I am saying you to pay restoration fee is because they would ask for it anyways and would delay your permit by few weeks. I hope that answers to your concerns
Thank you for your response. I called CIC yesterday,was told that I no longer qualify for OWP because I'm already out of status when we resent the application. The woman I talked to said I can cancel my OWP application then refund my OWP fee and apply for RESTORATION of my visitor's visa which I did last night.
However, when I called CIC again this morning to withdraw my OWP application the representative I talked to told me to make a payment for $200 for RESTORATION of Temp. Residence and send the receipt via web form so my work permit will be processed. I told him that I already applied for RESTORATION of my Visitor's visa but he said that is different...I'm really very confuse now.

Dk2805

Aug 11, 2019
Thank you for your response. I called CIC yesterday,was told that I no longer qualify for OWP because I'm already out of status when we resent the application. The woman I talked to said I can cancel my OWP application then refund my OWP fee and apply for RESTORATION of my visitor's visa which I did last night.
However, when I called CIC again this morning to withdraw my OWP application the representative I talked to told me to make a payment for $200 for RESTORATION of Temp. Residence and send the receipt via web form so my work permit will be processed. I told him that I already applied for RESTORATION of my Visitor's visa but he said that is different...I'm really very confuse now.
I believe you don't have to cancel the OWP application but in order for the OWP to get approved, your status has to be restored first. I found this on the CIC website: " The officer first evaluates the restoration application and, if approved, processes any application for a study and/or work permit "
I think what you've done is correct and no further action is required.

red1973

Aug 26, 2019
I believe you don't have to cancel the OWP application but in order for the OWP to get approved, your status has to be restored first. I found this on the CIC website: " The officer first evaluates the restoration application and, if approved, processes any application for a study and/or work permit "
I think what you've done is correct and no further action is required.
Oh, okay. Thank you very much. Best of luck to you!

Aman.ghafar

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Has anyone sent IMM5556 form with their Pr+OWP which is open work permit form with their application. I realized I didnt sent that either just because it was not mentioned in the PR applicartion checklist.