+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
Yes I resubmitted the package with the missing fee. They have received my OWP on 20th August. I am not sure what’s the timeline of resubmit applicants.
it seems that the OWP will be given in three months for those that the application was returned. I was reading this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permit-app-returned-due-to-insufficient-payment.520640/page-8 because I'm in the same boat and most of them receive the work permit at the third month after resending it

Last edited:
Reactions: Michyap

red1973

Aug 26, 2019
Good day! I'm new here and appreciate your advise/inputs.

My husband is sponsoring me. We first submitted PR+OWP before my visa expires but it was sent back to us due to missing documents. We resent the application but then my visa is already expired. I've read here that PR application will not give me implied status so I'm now currently OUT OF STATUS, how this affect my applications? Will applying for RESTORATION of my visitor's visa help?

BTW, we got AOR: 20th August 2019.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
Update on my Common-law sponsorship application as of today:

Application received: May 22nd
PR Linked: August 8th
AOR received: August 9th
OWP Linked: August 26th

Now waiting for OWP Approval.
Congrats! Great news! I really hope I can link mine by the end of the day

Aman.ghafar

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
So I realized i didnt did the 100$ for OWP. I paid it and submitted webform. Got a reply from them saying my application isnt in the system yet.

What does it mean ?
Help will be appreciated
Thank you

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
So I realized i didnt did the 100$ for OWP. I paid it and submitted webform. Got a reply from them saying my application isnt in the system yet.

What does it mean ?
Help will be appreciated
Thank you
I guess the officer has not submit your OWP app online yet. But on the hand, the good news is your owp may not be returned because if it does, they could see it shown in returned on your profile.

Garry2i3i89

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
it seems that the OWP will be given in three months for those that the application was returned. I was reading this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permit-app-returned-due-to-insufficient-payment.520640/page-8 because I'm in the same boat and most of them receive the work permit at the third month after resending it
Do you know if they will send any acknowledgement of the resubmitted open work permit applications in Edmonton|?

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
yes, I think we ll get ours the next week - looks like it takes 120-122 days now from the date of app receipt.

To be honest, I really cared about having my OWP asap lol Now I'm fine to wait longer for PR :)
Agreed! That's what we were waiting for as well... I'd also like to get the Medical Request out of the way because it's just one more thing financially that we have to worry about..

Looks like it'll be between $350-400 as I am in Toronto :(

Reactions: Michyap and IrrMirr

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi,

I had submitted an Inland application to sponsor my wife, along with an Open work permit (OWP) application on July 8, 2019. On August 17, I received an email from IRCC confirming that CIC has received my application to sponsor my wife. Since then I have also linked my paper application to my online account on CIC website.

The query I have is that the confirmation email from IRCC had no mention of OWP application and even the paper application I have linked online says nothing about OWP. Does this mean that I need to link the OWP application to my online account separately?

Also, will I receive a separate email from IRCC confirming they have received my OWP application or it is part of the overall PR application only?

Thanks in advance.

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi,

I had submitted an Inland application to sponsor my wife, along with an Open work permit (OWP) application on July 8, 2019. On August 17, I received an email from IRCC confirming that CIC has received my application to sponsor my wife. Since then I have also linked my paper application to my online account on CIC website.

The query I have is that the confirmation email from IRCC had no mention of OWP application and even the paper application I have linked online says nothing about OWP. Does this mean that I need to link the OWP application to my online account separately?

Also, will I receive a separate email from IRCC confirming they have received my OWP application or it is part of the overall PR application only?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
You will need to link your OWP separately.

You can link it using your wifes UCI or Last Name, First Name and Birthdate.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi,
You will need to link your OWP separately.

You can link it using your wifes UCI or Last Name, First Name and Birthdate.
But I don't have the application ID for the OWP. I received only one application ID from CIC which is for the PR application. I just now tried to search for the OWP application using that application ID and it gave me an error saying the application ID is for the wrong category.

I then tried to search using the UCI and family name of my wife but still it said that no application could be found.

How do I search for the OWP application then?

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
Do you know if they will send any acknowledgement of the resubmitted open work permit applications in Edmonton|?
no, they don't send any AOR, however you can try to link it in the your account. I was able to link mine like two days after they received, but nothing happens since then.