+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hi guys quick question. I called into CIC about a week and a half ago and they advised me that our application had been returned the previous day. The status on ECAS at the time just showed "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2019." However, about a couple days later the update on ECAS changed to "We started processing your application on August 9, 2019." Does this mean that our application was never sent back and it is still being processed? Any info would be appreciated! Thank you!

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys quick question. I called into CIC about a week and a half ago and they advised me that our application had been returned the previous day. The status on ECAS at the time just showed "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2019." However, about a couple days later the update on ECAS changed to "We started processing your application on August 9, 2019." Does this mean that our application was never sent back and it is still being processed? Any info would be appreciated! Thank you!
And you received AOR? I would call back and double check with them.

Reactions: J2dc

Henrygomez76

Jun 12, 2019
Hello,

Can someone please tell me how to link the OWP application to my GCKey? I have tried several ways but it keeps telling me application not found, I already did it with my PR application, nonetheless it has been hard to link the OWP. Thank you

Garry2i3i89

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Can i and my wife leave Canada for 2 weeks for vacations. My wife is currently on a visitor visa. Does this affect our application?

ovooj16

Jan 9, 2017
The total amount you have to pay is $255 (work permit fee $155 AND open work permit holder $100): https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17
So you probably have to pay the $100 dollar one and return your application with prove of your previous payment and this one.
My husbands OWP got returned because of the missing $100 in June. We made the necessary paymets and sent the application and receipts to Edmonton. We just got an email saying we paid only $100 and need to pay the another $155 even though we paid this fee with the original PR application.

It says to fax the receipt and name and UCI number. Its also says to send the application with the new receipt. I can't tell if the application has been returned as we moved and have changed address.

This is so frustrating. We are planning to pay the $155 again and hope they refund it when the realize the mix up. Fax the receipt and an explanation letter to them and also raise a web form.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Garry2i3i89

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
My husbands OWP got returned because of the missing $100 in June. We made the necessary paymets and sent the application and receipts to Edmonton. We just got an email saying we paid only $100 and need to pay the another $155 even though we paid this fee with the original PR application.

It says to fax the receipt and name and UCI number. Its also says to send the application with the new receipt. I can't tell if the application has been returned as we moved and have changed address.

This is so frustrating. We are planning to pay the $155 again and hope they refund it when the realize the mix up. Fax the receipt and an explanation letter to them and also raise a web form.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi

did you send both the receipts (Previous with a payment of $155 and the new one of $100) along with the application???

Thanks

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi all,
Joined today to the forum. I am sponsoring my wife.
Application sent: 15-May-2019
Application received: 16-May-2019
AOR received:02-Aug-2019

- No further movements yet. Is this normal across May 2019 applications because i was just browsing the May 2019 out land application and most of them received PPR already.

GC Key- Could not be linked until yesterday

Thank you!

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi all,
Joined today to the forum. I am sponsoring my wife.
Application sent: 15-May-2019
Application received: 16-May-2019
AOR received:02-Aug-2019

- No further movements yet. Is this normal across May 2019 applications because i was just browsing the May 2019 out land application and most of them received PPR already.

GC Key- Could not be linked until yesterday

Thank you!
The Inland Application is different from the Outland and moves at a different speed. :) Yours seems to be moving in the right direction.
Here is the spreadsheet to keep an eye on everyones progress:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=684165570

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
The Inland Application is different from the Outland and moves at a different speed. :) Yours seems to be moving in the right direction.
Here is the spreadsheet to keep an eye on everyones progress:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=684165570
Thank you, I updated the sheet aswell.

I have a question, after the AOR the next step is Sponsor approval or OWP approval? Becuase in the sheet i have seen 0 SA approval but there are OWP approvals.