+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jien_jim19

Jul 22, 2019
I called IRCC to know the status of my owp and was told that it has been approved! Such a relief! Now I have to wait for my representative to forward me the email & mail! Good luck to us all!

Michyap

Jul 3, 2019
Hey Guys,

My OWP got returned today due to insufficient fees and they wrote me a note to pay $255. I remember well I did all my payments online via answering questions. Can anyone tell me what is the exact amount to pay for Spouse sponsorship and OWP all together?

Michyap

Jul 3, 2019
I checked, and I did pay for $155 work permit ( including extensions)- per person. However there is another $100 payment stated online as below which I am not aware of. As I am going through the questions to know how much I need to pay, it didn't show the $100 amount. Do I pay just $100 with the proof of payment ( $155) or $255?

Spousal work permit = $155 + new $100 fee (as of Feb. 21, 2015) = $255.

TJ90

Jun 12, 2019
I checked, and I did pay for $155 work permit ( including extensions)- per person. However there is another $100 payment stated online as below which I am not aware of. As I am going through the questions to know how much I need to pay, it didn't show the $100 amount. Do I pay just $100 with the proof of payment ( $155) or $255?

Spousal work permit = $155 + new $100 fee (as of Feb. 21, 2015) = $255.

The total amount you have to pay is $255 (work permit fee $155 AND open work permit holder $100): https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17
So you probably have to pay the $100 dollar one and return your application with prove of your previous payment and this one.

TJ90

Jun 12, 2019
Has anyone received any updates on "eligibility"? I think I read somewhere that the first thing they do after sending AOR is review the sponsor's eligibility. Since receiving AOR and my OPW, I haven't gotten any updates and am wondering what's happening with you guys :)

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
Today I tried to link my app online, and it appeared
"Number of Failed Registration Attempts Exceeded"
Who can explain what its meaning is? I tried only two times today. And can I try to link tomorrow?

Jien_jim19

Jul 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
Today I tried to link my app online, and it appeared
"Number of Failed Registration Attempts Exceeded"
Who can explain what its meaning is? I tried only two times today. And can I try to link tomorrow?
It limits us from trying to link an app 5 times within 24hrs. What I did was, (since I typed in wrong uci 5x) I made another gckey account and you can link your app again. I suggest you use laptop because the pop-up thing (which i read somewhere) sometimes will keep us from logging in.

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
It limits us from trying to link an app 5 times within 24hrs. What I did was, (since I typed in wrong uci 5x) I made another gckey account and you can link your app again. I suggest you use laptop because the pop-up thing (which i read somewhere) sometimes will keep us from logging in.
Thank you for your reply. So, you mean I can link it online after 24 hours?

akhil923

Dec 7, 2018
OWP got approved today. hopefully will have in hand by next week.
App Received: May 16th
AOR: July 31st
OWP Approved: Aug 16

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Good evening, all. Is anyone else having the same problems as me? I have tried and failed numerous times in finding my sponsor's file on ECAS. I've already linked our file to his cic account but it bothers us why it says file not found on ecas every time we search for it. I use our application number as the identity document. He does not have a UCI number yet.

Second, I cannot log in to my cic account for over 3 days now. We can log into my sponsor's account with no trouble but every time I use my account, it redirects me back to the cic home page. We got our AOR 2 weeks ago but I am scared that these issues might point to a possibility of our application being returned. Has anyone experienced this?