+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 FANSHAWE COLLEGE

samu2016

Jul 24, 2018
Hi Friends,

Can any current or previous Fanshawe students/ Seniors help me with below question ?

I got offers from Fanshawe for below 2 courses and I am confused on which course is better.

1) Information security management
2) software and information systems testing (co-op)

Is there anybody who has studied these courses before , please let me know which course is better considering job opportunity and career growth ? I see testing course has co-op option. Is it better to study a course which has co-op option?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

The.hacker

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi brother,

Information security management is more valuable then testing.. and salary is also high after information security program.. and you will get into the fields like ethical hacker, security tester, penetration tester. I also from information security field thats why if i have to choose from these two courses i will definitely go for information security management..

By the way i also got an offer letter for the may 2019 intake.. and would like to know when your agent suggest to apply for visa ?? And are you applying in SDS ??

Iqbal1313

Aug 29, 2018
Hi brother,

Information security management is more valuable then testing.. and salary is also high after information security program.. and you will get into the fields like ethical hacker, security tester, penetration tester. I also from information security field thats why if i have to choose from these two courses i will definitely go for information security management..

By the way i also got an offer letter for the may 2019 intake.. and would like to know when your agent suggest to apply for visa ?? And are you applying in SDS ??
Brother how you applied to fanshawe for May 2019 intake. I am trying to apply through online portal but it says send student application from via email to prathi@fanshawec.ca , please help me out

nihal95

Apr 12, 2018
Hi Friends,

Can any current or previous Fanshawe students/ Seniors help me with below question ?

I got offers from Fanshawe for below 2 courses and I am confused on which course is better.

1) Information security management
2) software and information systems testing (co-op)

Is there anybody who has studied these courses before , please let me know which course is better considering job opportunity and career growth ? I see testing course has co-op option. Is it better to study a course which has co-op option?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
How did you get your offer letter so early for May, 2019 intake ? I am also planning to apply for the same courses for May, 2019 intake but I have been informed that the admission process haven't started yet because of which I am unable to send my application to Fanshawe College at the moment.

nihal95

Apr 12, 2018
Hi @Iqbal1313 and @nihal95, I applied early this month for the ISM program and have gotten my LOA. I submitted my application through this link: https://intapp.fanshawec.ca/
Hi @frolicx May I know if you applied for the May, 2019 intake because the college has informed that they haven't started accepting any applications for that intake. I am still waiting for the admissions portal to open since I have submitted my application through an agency.

Last edited:

frolicx

Oct 15, 2018
Hi @frolicx May I know if you applied for the May, 2019 intake because the college has informed that they haven't started accepting any applications for that intake. I am still waiting for the admissions portal to open since I have submitted my application through an agency.
Yes. I applied for the May 2019 intake and had gotten the LOA within a week. You can try applying using the link I provided above. That's where I processed my application.

Iqbal1313

Aug 29, 2018
Don't worry it is not yet open for Indian students, I have talked to Indian admission coordinator and they said application will be open on 15 November.

nihal95

Apr 12, 2018
Don't worry it is not yet open for Indian students, I have talked to Indian admission coordinator and they said application will be open on 15 November.
@Iqbal1313 So, has the application process already started now ? The last time I enquired, they replied that the May intake haven't opened yet.