+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

Non-unique user name

Jan 31, 2020
If there's a CIT0520 attached to the invite see what additional documents they need from you (look for checked boxes), if there's none then I guess make sure you have the originals of whatever you submitted for Cship plus ID (driver's license, PR, Health Card) and COPR.

Hi Lex. Thanks for taking the time to reply. No there was nothing attached to the e-mail apart from the invite and the consent form. I have everything ready, my IDs, passport, and COPR, also my certificates and letters from employers that I sent with the application. Actually I am a little worried, as I am reading that the interview is not always a smooth process. Sometimes the officer is super rude and gives the interviewee a hard time, undermining their travel nd work history etc. The interview is on April 1st and it is very soon after my test which I passed 20/20. I have not received the official test results though. This and the fact that they don't want any supporting documents from me makes me worry that they are going to reject me.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi Lex. Thanks for taking the time to reply. No there was nothing attached to the e-mail apart from the invite and the consent form. I have everything ready, my IDs, passport, and COPR, also my certificates and letters from employers that I sent with the application. Actually I am a little worried, as I am reading that the interview is not always a smooth process. Sometimes the officer is super rude and gives the interviewee a hard time, undermining their travel nd work history etc. The interview is on April 1st and it is very soon after my test which I passed 20/20. I have not received the official test results though. This and the fact that they don't want any supporting documents from me makes me worry that they are going to reject me.
Interviews should be fine. I'm having my interview and hopefully it would go well. I heard it generally goes pretty well since it's the very last step now.

edit: Nevermind I realized you are from the GTA.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I have never come across any reporting a rude interviewer, and having given interview myself, I can vouch that the officer was super nice!

Don't worry! Just go on and provide information/answer questions. That's it.

All the best.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It’s only being 10days since I took the test but man I’m feeling anxious and want to get done with this whole process.. waiting 20 months to do the test was easier than this..

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
It’s only being 10days since I took the test but man I’m feeling anxious and want to get done with this whole process.. waiting 20 months to do the test was easier than this..
I know how it feel!

Have you done interview? Send a webform to follow up and good luck !

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
@741953 don't understand why you have to be rude in your response. Tests make some people nervous. I know that for a fact. Yes the person can do the search. And yes , you can also abstain for partaking in the conversation if it doesn't please you. No one is sharing or seeking confidential information in this forum. However memebers have for very long benefitted from each other's experience and crowd sourced knowledge. No one is a expert and let's not weigh what one should ask or not ask. Yes sometimes, most questions are very basic, because members get comfortable with asking here. All we have to do is help , guide or continue to the next post. Until I did the test, yes I was constantly worried with the amount of dates and names that I had to remember. Wasn't sure which method would be more successful in my study approach. History was not my strong subject in the past too. So @bmm651 questions are valid. So help if you can . By saying "don't ask me for the link" , you are not being helpful. There are VIP members who have about 10,000 + posts under their belt, who patiently answer every new person's questions, even if they are as simple as going to the CIC.gc.ca site. Be nice to others. This forum is not to haggle about petty differences. And rather you would be surprised that most questions here are way to simple which a Google search can help. But it's the members that make it interesting and stay on like a family, until each applicant comes out successful.
@bmm651 There's a thin line between asking for help and being lazy.

We're all immigrants. Most of us are not good at English to begin with. Like myself, when I applied for citizenship I spent hours and hours reading the book, did as many practice tests online as possible, researching the details about the test and interview, while working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. I didn't ask for any help, coz everything is online, most of all, no one can help me study but myself. GOOGLE. That's all you need to do. A simple search, Canadian Citizenship Test, gives you about 17,900,000 results in 0.69 seconds, directing you to thousands of sites with practice tests. You want me to give you the link? Here's the link.
https://www.google.com/search?q=canadian+citizenship+test&rlz=1C1CHBD_enCA808CA809&oq=Candian+cit&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0i10i433l5j0i10l4.3559j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
You're asking what was on the test, whether the questions are more about remembering years or history people’s names. Not asking about how to study better. If I came across as rude, yes, coz from what I see you're not asking for help. You just wanna save your own time and have others do the work for you so you can study less. We're not in high school anymore. We're grown ups capable to take responsibility for our own life.

We're here to help each other. I myself got a lot of info here that I don't find else where. Especially info about case process time, updates, and many more. I'm grateful for this forum and still hanging out here once in a while coz I hope to help others if I can. I'd be happy to help if I have the answer to your questions that are not asking about what the test content is.

Last edited:

skaramakov

May 23, 2019
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-02-2016
Admin,
Please can you update the following information to the spreadsheet? Thank you!

Decision Made: March 12, 2021
Oath Invitation Date: March 23, 2021
Oath Ceremony: March 31, 2021

Reactions: EUK and carl321

Non-unique user name

Jan 31, 2020
So my interview went very well. It was very fast. Just identity and document check, that's all. The officer did not see any issues with my application. Now what's left for me is to wait for the oath. I feel so relieved right now. My status changed today to decision made. I wonder when the oath invite is going to arrive. I'm sure that they have Easter break now.

Last edited:

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
So my interview went very well. It was very fast. Just identity and document check, that's all. The officer did not see any issues with my application. Now what's left for me is to wait for the oath. I feel so relieved right now. My status changed today to decision made. I wonder when the oath invite is going to arrive. I'm sure that they have Easter break now.
Congrats!! Welcome to the oath invitation waiting game :D

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
When do you think they are going to send us an oath invite?
At the moment the average wait time based on my observation is around 20 days, the shortest (non-urgent) is around 7-10 days, the longest is around 40-60 days. But as @baboonbum reported that they received their oath invitation today (Apr 2, Good Friday), it appears that they are picking up speed on sending them out even today's holiday. I'd say give a week or two and we'll hear something.