Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
You will get instructions in the email. If you think it is ok to get a citizenship (test/oath) from outside the country that you want to be a citizen. You are clearly not understanding what it means to be a citizen of Canada. Short answer: is hell no
@carl321
Not sure how a question to be present in Canada for the test, is interpreted as one's understanding of "What it means to be citizen of Canada".
The pandemic, Covid restrictions, and travel restrictions were not part of the citizenship application process. So when applicants from 2019 ask questions, it is not taking what was prevalent in 2019 , however, it's with the background of all the changes in the world, new normal , new process.

No one in 2019 or 2020 imagined that the oath will be done virtually. So what's wrong in asking if "If I have to be physically present" just to do a test. If as a prospective Canadian Citizen, I am thinking of not only myself, but my other fellow Canadians who would be at risk, if the travel I need to make can be avoided.

Some questions are in the context of the new normal and prevalent travel restrictions. Also please note a lot of applicants might be travelling for various reasons, could be family emergencies, could be work, could be anything. If someone was on vacation this question doest arise. So if someone is asking, then the person might be in an unique situation that doesn't allow the flexibility to travel.

Be nice to each other's query or move onto posts that interest you.

Reading rules , everyone can do. If the CIC site has all the information to every question posted, in this forum, then this forum wouldn't be so active with these many members. Or are you solely invested in directing traffic to the CIC site....by weighing in on every question...

Last edited:

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks @Lex2019 , that's what we should be sharing vs vague responses as "Read Rules" or "Go Google".
NP. Learning Google search helps a bunch though. In addition this exact question has been repeatedly asked and answered here as well. Last time no longer than a couple of days ago. This isn't some sacred knowledge, it is publicly available info. Asking it for an umptieth time won't change the answer. Being lazy to do a simple search is what it is. This is meant for the original poster of the question not you. If one applies for citizenship one should know where to look for answers and that is the same source where people should land as their #1 place as it contains facts. Read the manual, in case of doubt read it again, if there are no clear answers feel free to ask. In this exact case the answer is in plain English/French and can't be misinterpreted. I might be sounding harsh, but that's what it boils down to. Have a good one. :)

Last edited:

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
Hi, please update the spreadsheet: we received the invitation to interview to be held on April 15th, along with request for supplementary information to prove physical presence.

ahmedtiko

Sep 26, 2019
Hey guys,

how long does it take on average for applications to reach the end after the online test? I finished the test last month and was wondering how long approximately is the time until I become a citizen (if everything is normal and moves smoothly)??

I applied from Etobicoke, ON by the way.

Non-unique user name

Jan 31, 2020
Congrats! just wondering if you have extensive travel history during your eligibility period and did you travel after applying ? Also how long did the interview last for ? your comments will be really helpful
Hi ccolscorpion,

Sorry for a late reply. I did not leave Canada at all during my stay here for many reasons, citizenship being one of them. I think that they run a check on me at the border and determined that I did not travel outside of Canada and that was enough for them. My interview was very fast 10 minutes max. Only identity check. But I am also very well behaved person. I do not have speeding tickets, no problems with the law enforcement, I did not lie at any point in my life history, all the facts were easy to verify. I do not have overdue taxes to pay.

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hi ccolscorpion,

Sorry for a late reply. I did not leave Canada at all during my stay here for many reasons, citizenship being one of them. I think that they run a check on me at the border and determined that I did not travel outside of Canada and that was enough for them. My interview was very fast 10 minutes max. Only identity check. But I am also very well behaved person. I do not have speeding tickets, no problems with the law enforcement, I did not lie at any point in my life history, all the facts were easy to verify. I do not have overdue taxes to pay.
Hi, Thanks for your detailed reply. My interview went well and it was exactly how you described. Waiting for oath invite now. Good luck to everyone. Cant wait to get over with this long and painful journey.

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi, Thanks for your detailed reply. My interview went well and it was exactly how you described. Waiting for oath invite now. Good luck to everyone. Cant wait to get over with this long and painful journey.
I have interview on 28th of April, is it just the confirmation of identity of some details as well?

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hey guys,

how long does it take on average for applications to reach the end after the online test? I finished the test last month and was wondering how long approximately is the time until I become a citizen (if everything is normal and moves smoothly)??

I applied from Etobicoke, ON by the way.

when did you apply?

next you will receive an email for interview (after 2 months of your exam approxiamtely) after the interview you will receive oath cermony invitionaton.